exdollofficial.com

Mini Doll broken spine repair

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Mini Doll broken spine repair

Post by DarkOne »

Elfie wrote:Let me try this product first and see if I need the lower leg joint from John. It's claimed to be a better plastic super glue compared to all others. It bonds the plastic by biting it (melting) together. And it's in the gel form which makes it easy to control the glue area.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301979178909?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
So how did that turn out?
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Capt_Rye wrote:From what I understand they improved the skeleton already.
Yes they seem to have frozen DS Minidoll production until they fix the weakness problem. The doll I'm buying here is second hand one with original design but seller assures it's unused, unbroken and like new. Now I'm just a little worried if it survives the trip... Maybe I'll try my luck because new doll costs whole lot more.

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

For those that have done the repair, when you are resealing the seam back together, do you run silicone right out to the edge and wipe away the excess,then hold with scotch tape while it cures?

In the repair video they say something about plastic sheets, but I cant quite figure out why, unless it is to get excess silicone something to sit smooth against.

I'm dreading making a mess of it.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

madshagger wrote:For those that have done the repair, when you are resealing the seam back together, do you run silicone right out to the edge and wipe away the excess,then hold with scotch tape while it cures?

In the repair video they say something about plastic sheets, but I cant quite figure out why, unless it is to get excess silicone something to sit smooth against.

I believe the reason behind suran wrap, or even plastic sticky tape (clear) is to align the two edges of the silicone, and let you see they are indeed aligned.

You want to use an absolute minimal amount of silicone to repair it. I would suggest spreading the glue as thin as you can over the two surfaces then closing them together. You can always add more glue later, you can't remove glue. Iv seen some VERY bad looking repairs where they used wayyyyyy too much glue. Never heard one person complain about using too little glue.

TTNLBTPD
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TTNLBTPD »

Why would you guys accept a broken doll upon arrival, why did you not return it? I hear all this praising of John for sending repair parts when he should have replaced her. This is crazy talk!!!!!
Agreed. That is unacceptable from a vetted TDF vendor.

** I just noticed how old this topic was. Dam Dumpster Divers!
Tough Times Never Last But Tough People Do!

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

TTNLBTPD wrote:
Why would you guys accept a broken doll upon arrival, why did you not return it? I hear all this praising of John for sending repair parts when he should have replaced her. This is crazy talk!!!!!
Agreed. That is unacceptable from a vetted TDF vendor.

** I just noticed how old this topic was. Dam Dumpster Divers!
You'd be surprised how little many TDF vendors/manufactures will give you for DOA doll.

I don't think its acceptable either, but I do think DS's offer for free parts + discount on a 2nd doll is as good or better then what you would get from 80% or so of the TDF vendor/manufactures.

TDF vetted mainly means you'll get the doll, it won't be a cheap knockoff that's skin falls apart in days (non-repairable), it will be the doll pictured... Basically that they won't scam you and they run a legit business.

TDF vetted does not mean they have the same customer service level you might expect from local stores and businesses in your country, if the product does not survive shipping or is not as high of a quality as you would have hoped.

mahoro

Post by mahoro »

madshagger wrote:For those that have done the repair, when you are resealing the seam back together, do you run silicone right out to the edge and wipe away the excess,then hold with scotch tape while it cures?

When I did the repair I smeared a thin layer of silpoxy on the area I had cut open then squeased the excess out of the seam whilst wiping it off with acetone then I just used three pieces of electrical insulation tape to hold the seam together for 24 hours.

Mahoro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

See my repairs on http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 97#p936297

I could usefully have used less although here I needed to make sure that the inner two layers of silicone were properly stuck and it was this silicone which squeezed out. If you use too little you can always prize open unstuck areas and insert more. Excess poses challenges.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

Thanks everyone for the tips. I used to build plastic models and I always used way too much cement! I'll heed your warnings, and go lightly with it.

@harem - looking at your thread didn't make me any less nervous!

If anyone else is doing repairs in the coming weeks please post some photos! I'll do the same when my parts finally arrive.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

There appears to be a lot of topics on damage to Eve and Eva. My Eva came with a broken neck, left shoulder and lower spine snapped in the same place. Looking at the postings, there appear to be a number of different carriers involved - mine was TNT - so I doubt if the fault lies with them, although when mine arrived it was on end. It could be that if she was head down that caused the neck-break but that doesn't account for the shoulder or back. Loose packaging and a brittle plastic skeleton I think is more likely to be the cause. Let's hope the modifications DS are doing before rerelease will stop this happening in the future because they are probably the best looking minis on the market!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

It's so distressing to see these stories.

:-(

But from my last delivery too I know that carriers fling boxes around taking no notice of any labels. It's not a happy situation

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Elfie
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Elfie »

DarkOne wrote:
Elfie wrote:Let me try this product first and see if I need the lower leg joint from John. It's claimed to be a better plastic super glue compared to all others. It bonds the plastic by biting it (melting) together. And it's in the gel form which makes it easy to control the glue area.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301979178909?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
So how did that turn out?

It did not work at all. I am waiting for the part from John.
"HaPpy or S~a~D depends on your mind, nothing else can force you to be", so find a way to think positively and stay HaPpy
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13791

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I think plastic must be "soft" type before it can be fixed by these "plastic weld" products, "hard" plastic (what plastic buckets, car bumpers etc. are made of) is harder to fix because it doesn't melt.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I've just started taking the joints apart and realised that the bolts are fully threaded. They shouldn't be if you want movement as the moving part can bind on the thread. Some of the broken bits have quite small hole tolerances on these bolts so any pressure on the limb away from the joint I think might easily bind. When I rebuild to see if I can rescue something from this, I will try smooth shafted bolts and let you know what happens. I will also use lock nuts to stop them undoing so I don't have to do the joint up too tight at first to see what happens.
Any news on the glue/cement side of things? Reading a plumber's blog, it seems you should use a proper ABS cement or solvent on ABS and not one that says suitable for ABS and PVC.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I've just started taking the joints apart and realised that the bolts are fully threaded. They shouldn't be if you want movement as the moving part can bind on the thread. Some of the broken bits have quite small hole tolerances on these bolts so any pressure on the limb away from the joint I think might easily bind. When I rebuild to see if I can rescue something from this, I will try smooth shafted bolts and let you know what happens. I will also use lock nuts to stop them undoing so I don't have to do the joint up too tight at first to see what happens.
Any news on the glue/cement side of things? Reading a plumber's blog, it seems you should use a proper ABS cement or solvent on ABS and not one that says suitable for ABS and PVC.
Tried proper ABS cement on the C shaped tab. Positioned it on its weakest direction (Sideways knee bending force) and hung 2lbs from the other end of the bone after 24+ hours cure time. It snapped after a few seconds.

INFORMATIONS