exdollofficial.com

Did your DS-mini arrive intact?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Did your DS-mini arrive intact?

My DS-mini arrived intact and is still fine.
26%
My DS-mini arrived intact but soon broke with little force (suspect weakened joints due to shipping damage, some damage to box)
32%
My DS-mini arrived intact but it broke by accident/excessive force
5%
My DS-mini arrived broken
37%

Total votes: 19

linux_tyro

Re: Did your DS-mini arrive intact?

Post by linux_tyro »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I think I've spoken too soon ......
My new Eva arrived today and she was posing nicely with no apparent problem. However, I've just picked her up to give her a talc wipe and her left hip has suddenly gone loose. I fear it's the same problem I had on my first Eva (amongst all the other damage) and the plastic lugs on the pelvis have snapped. I was only turning her over with no movement on the legs whatsoever. I don't think DS will give me another replacement and I'm not sure I want one - beautiful though she is!
I'm sorry to hear this. Hoping you can get a full refund for your trouble. In my mind it's the only way for DS to redeem themselves.

linux_tyro

Post by linux_tyro »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I think I've spoken too soon ......
My new Eva arrived today and she was posing nicely with no apparent problem. However, I've just picked her up to give her a talc wipe and her left hip has suddenly gone loose. I fear it's the same problem I had on my first Eva (amongst all the other damage) and the plastic lugs on the pelvis have snapped. I was only turning her over with no movement on the legs whatsoever. I don't think DS will give me another replacement and I'm not sure I want one - beautiful though she is!
I'm sorry to hear this. Hoping you can get a full refund for your trouble. In my mind it's the only way for DS to redeem themselves.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

DS are going to send me the parts free for Eva1, I just have to pay for the shipping which is fair enough. It did say on the original documents that this was what they would do. I'm going to order two pelvises so once I've worked out how to get to and replace Eva1's pelvis, torso and shoulder, I can work out the easiest way to replace Eva2's pelvis! It's not the surgery I'm worried about, it's the finishing off so they don't look as though they've been to battle with scars all over!
All I can say is be very careful with any movement and, dare I say it, any intimate relations! They may not take your weight!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

hollows+fentiman wrote:DS are going to send me the parts free for Eva1, I just have to pay for the shipping which is fair enough. It did say on the original documents that this was what they would do. I'm going to order two pelvises so once I've worked out how to get to and replace Eva1's pelvis, torso and shoulder, I can work out the easiest way to replace Eva2's pelvis! It's not the surgery I'm worried about, it's the finishing off so they don't look as though they've been to battle with scars all over!
All I can say is be very careful with any movement and, dare I say it, any intimate relations! They may not take your weight!
Yea im starting to think of a spy/military backstory for my EVA with all the battle scars she will have...
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Off to see the Surgeon - Hopefully a full inspection will be positive and just the right knee / thigh bone is all that is needed.

Yes, I'm 65 going on 15. The TDFSS:542 KRYSTAL had a successful launch at 7:55 and should reach her destination next Tuesday.
Attachments
DSCN1676.JPG
DSCN1676.JPG (2.04 MiB) Viewed 954 times
L✰neR✯nger

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi DarkOne,
Here's a picture of the end of Eva1's broken pelvis. Not very clear I'm afraid as it was difficult holding the cut open and taking a photo! On the right is the end of the pelvis which should have two lugs on it. This means the only movement on the end is forwards and backwards. The rest of the joint below allows side to side movement, so if this sticks or doesn't move easily the pressure goes onto the lugs. I suppose if you move the leg outwards holding the ankles, the leverage is too great on the lugs!
I haven't heard from John yet but he asked for each part so I took a photo of each part with the pointer on it. Hopefully that will work! I've ordered two pelvises, as I said, but won't even attempt cutting into Eva2 until I've had a go at Eva1. I fear it will entail cutting right across her lovely bum area somehow and lots of joints to undo so I'm not looking forward to that, especially if the silicone has gone into the ribbing at the back of the pelvis!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (883.01 KiB) Viewed 949 times

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Hi DarkOne,
Here's a picture of the end of Eva1's broken pelvis. Not very clear I'm afraid as it was difficult holding the cut open and taking a photo! On the right is the end of the pelvis which should have two lugs on it. This means the only movement on the end is forwards and backwards. The rest of the joint below allows side to side movement, so if this sticks or doesn't move easily the pressure goes onto the lugs. I suppose if you move the leg outwards holding the ankles, the leverage is too great on the lugs!
I haven't heard from John yet but he asked for each part so I took a photo of each part with the pointer on it. Hopefully that will work! I've ordered two pelvises, as I said, but won't even attempt cutting into Eva2 until I've had a go at Eva1. I fear it will entail cutting right across her lovely bum area somehow and lots of joints to undo so I'm not looking forward to that, especially if the silicone has gone into the ribbing at the back of the pelvis!
I would suspect you need to cut the silicone off the ribs, then just let there be air in there when you replace the pelvis. Or peel the silicone out and fill it into the new pelvis.. Or just fill the new pelvis slots up with hot glue or something.

I think it could be done via opening up the sides but you'd have to be very careful not to slice into her vagina cavity.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Yea, you could be right there! The anus is quite short so that is one of the reasons why I thought I might go in from the back. It would be a shame to cut anywhere in that area, front, back or side but I thought the thicker the silicone at the back the better the chance of a strong heal!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Yea, you could be right there! The anus is quite short so that is one of the reasons why I thought I might go in from the back. It would be a shame to cut anywhere in that area, front, back or side but I thought the thicker the silicone at the back the better the chance of a strong heal!
Can't say iv heard people complaining about silicone glues giving out. I think they are pretty strong compared to the silicone.

Only people complaining about using too much and it making an ugly repair.

I would cut where you can most easily deal with a scar and won't be touching so much.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Kimi arrived in good condition, though obviously somewhat jostled inside her box.

After about three to four days with me, her left hip went limp - during play, but with no palpable break or audible sound - I placed her in a position, and when I lifted her from it, her leg flopped.

Two or three days later, I woke up to a Kimi with a floppy waist. (Full disclosure, Kimi sleeps on the edge of my bed, alongside the wall - it's possible that I bumped her in the night, though unlikely.) No longer could she sit up. Another few days, and Kimi's right thigh went limp as well. She's no longer posable in any way between her ribs and her knees.

With all the trouble these exquisite little ladies have been, I had thought to "delete" Kimi from my life - but one look at her little face, that delectable, slender body ... nah. Can't do it. Even though she's partially paralysed, she's still a delight, and she's not going anywhere.

Fortunately, her silicone flesh seems to be far more durable than her fragile plastic skeleton!

Haven't contacted John about her, but I'm thinking I might.

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

With all the hype of the new and improved mini - sounds like you got a 1st generation. If they just made the whole Fing skeleton out of nylon (except skull and chest piece) it would be very hard to break. If I was offered one at 900 that could break and one at 1000 that was impossible to brealk (or 1100 or 1200), like that would be a tough choice.
L✰neR✯nger

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Paleonaturist wrote:Kimi arrived in good condition, though obviously somewhat jostled inside her box.

After about three to four days with me, her left hip went limp - during play, but with no palpable break or audible sound - I placed her in a position, and when I lifted her from it, her leg flopped.

Two or three days later, I woke up to a Kimi with a floppy waist. (Full disclosure, Kimi sleeps on the edge of my bed, alongside the wall - it's possible that I bumped her in the night, though unlikely.) No longer could she sit up. Another few days, and Kimi's right thigh went limp as well. She's no longer posable in any way between her ribs and her knees.

With all the trouble these exquisite little ladies have been, I had thought to "delete" Kimi from my life - but one look at her little face, that delectable, slender body ... nah. Can't do it. Even though she's partially paralysed, she's still a delight, and she's not going anywhere.

Fortunately, her silicone flesh seems to be far more durable than her fragile plastic skeleton!

Haven't contacted John about her, but I'm thinking I might.

~B.
Definitely contact John/DS, They really need to know about every issue that happens or they can't improve/make it right for you.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

LoneRanger wrote:With all the hype of the new and improved mini - sounds like you got a 1st generation. If they just made the whole Fing skeleton out of nylon (except skull and chest piece) it would be very hard to break. If I was offered one at 900 that could break and one at 1000 that was impossible to brealk (or 1100 or 1200), like that would be a tough choice.
Yea. Its not even a question of 'impossible to break' or 'could break' but more like 'one that will likely break if you look at it wrong' for $900 or one that will actually arrive intact and stay that way for a few weeks of careful use for $1000.

And yea, Nylon, maybe even glass filled nylon or something, would be exceptionally strong.

Or they could even look into aluminum injection molding if plastic just is not cutting it. I think injection molding doll parts is a great idea for better mass production and reduced prices while still allowing for great engineering.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Shame that they use buyers as "beta testers", apparently they haven't done any kind of stress tests to the doll skeleton themselves. From design table straight to production and selling, profit? I might as well order whole new skeleton if every gadamn joint can break at any time.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi Paleonaturist! I can't say it's a pleasure to welcome you to the club of broken Eve/Eva but thanks for joining in!
My post regarding the broken pelvis may be of interest. However, I agree with DarkOne, you do need to tell DS. Those end lugs are a weak spot because the joint below does the movement outwards and if you try move the legs out further I think there's too much pressure on the lugs and they crack and eventually break. The trouble is, from my excavations on Eva 1, I think every break produces sharp edges and the silicone has definitely scuffed around each break. If you ignore the breakage I think there's a distinct possibility the area will become very floppy with damaged silicone and tears could happen.
I mentioned the weight issue on another post because one of DS's selling points was that the plastic skeleton reduced weight. I looked at 1am's Riley, a 100cm doll from their stable with a metal skeleton. She's down as being 26 pounds. Eve and Eva were on the website as being 15 kg which is just over 33 pounds!
I know the articulation in the DS dolls is far superior and it's not a great comparison because I think the Riley doll is TPE but how come there is such a different in weight? I'd have expected the weight difference to be the other way round!
With the Eve/Eva moulds being so good, I think I would now accept a compromise for a slightly reduced articulation due to a metal skeleton. The complex joints in plastic could be difficult and/or expensive to reproduce in metal but in hindsight I would personally have preferred less heart ache and accepted the compromise!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS