exdollofficial.com

Did your DS-mini arrive intact?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

My DS-mini arrived intact and is still fine.
26%
My DS-mini arrived intact but soon broke with little force (suspect weakened joints due to shipping damage, some damage to box)
32%
My DS-mini arrived intact but it broke by accident/excessive force
5%
My DS-mini arrived broken
37%

Total votes: 19

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Hi, I am wondering how many peoples ds-mini's arrived intact, how many broke in the first few weeks either due to light forces or large forces and how many are still fine?

I suspect that shipping damage might also weaken joints, so I am wondering how many failed soon after arrival.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Did your DS-mini arrive intact?

Post by madshagger »

DarkOne wrote:Hi, I am wondering how many peoples ds-mini's arrived intact, how many broke in the first few weeks either due to light forces or large forces and how many are still fine?

I suspect that shipping damage might also weaken joints, so I am wondering how many failed soon after arrival.
Hi DarkOne,

My Eva's spine broke the day after I got her! I was gutted as she seemed to arrive safe and the box had no visibledamage, but i suspect all that thrashing around from the journey might be the culprit. It was just a bit of very light light handling and I head a crack and she went limp in the middle.

Hats off to DS though, replacement Eva on the way, as well as parts to repair the 1st one (though I'm not sure If I have the skills to do it).

I'm hoping the new part/doll has a stronger spine, they are a bit evasive on that topic.

Sigh.

She's such a lovely doll, this was really a downer after a long wait.

Where exactly did yours break, and have you tried a repair yet?

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

madshagger wrote:
DarkOne wrote:Hi, I am wondering how many peoples ds-mini's arrived intact, how many broke in the first few weeks either due to light forces or large forces and how many are still fine?

Hi DarkOne,

My Eva's spine broke the day after I got her! I was gutted as she seemed to arrive safe and the box had no visibledamage, but i suspect all that thrashing around from the journey might be the culprit. It was just a bit of very light light handling and I head a crack and she went limp in the middle.

Hats off to DS though, replacement Eva on the way, as well as parts to repair the 1st one (though I'm not sure If I have the skills to do it).

I'm hoping the new part/doll has a stronger spine, they are a bit evasive on that topic.

Sigh.

She's such a lovely doll, this was really a downer after a long wait.

Where exactly did yours break, and have you tried a repair yet?
Knee at 8 hours, Spine a few days later. And same experience as you. The knee snapped when my hand grazed her leg, with less force then would cause the doll to roll over if I hit her other leg (And the other knee survives much more force). The spine snapped from just picking her up from the upper body.

I suspect shipping damage cracked the joints already. Replacement upper thigh is due to arrive tomorrow, replacement spine joint will be sent 'in the next shipment'. Also getting a replacement EVE at a discount but its still annoying.

I will be asking them explicitly if my new doll has a stronger skeleton...

And yes, its double depressing because the doll is so amazing, now I have to wait for repair parts before I can touch her again, dress her for photos, etc.

She WILL be fixed... but every time I cut her I am going to be ruining her beauty and that depresses me greatly. I wanted a doll with a hinge skeleton so it would last and not need repairs, now I am having to repair more joints in the first week then I have replaced in my wire frame doll (different manufacture) in a year. Admittedly for that doll, the joint (neck) had to be replaced after 2 weeks, also due to shipping damage and all I got was a replacement neck joint, no offer for a 2nd doll at a discount (from a different manufacturer).

linux_tyro

Post by linux_tyro »

Mine arrived with a broken right leg and absolutely no packing material. I was insulted that they wanted me to pay a third of the price for a new doll plus $268 dollars for shipping. I agreed to a repair part and partial refund. Doll has been sold at a slight loss. I will never buy from DS again. Ever

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Hi DarkOne
You may have read my posts in the other DS mini Eva topic. Mine arrived with what I thought was 'only' a broken neck so I couldn't pick her up properly. It was only when I got the Si-Poxy and cut her open that I realised she also had a broken left shoulder and exploring further she had a broken back. Sales at DS said she must have been dropped from a third floor building to cause that damage but having now read the various posts I think the skeleton won't take shock damage very well and if the package is dropped or mishandled the joints won't take much more to break. When I received the original package the carrier had it standing on end so if the doll is not securely fixed in the box the neck could easily break if upside down! I did suggest to DS that they designed a bracket to go onto the head and back mounting points to hold the head firm whilst in transit and they thanked me for the suggestion. I've just received pictures of the replacement doll in its package and it looks much better wrapped but I can't see any bracket so I'll let you know if it arrives safely. It should be on its way!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Intact and still in pristine shape.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

linux_tyro wrote:Mine arrived with a broken right leg and absolutely no packing material. I was insulted that they wanted me to pay a third of the price for a new doll plus $268 dollars for shipping. I agreed to a repair part and partial refund. Doll has been sold at a slight loss. I will never buy from DS again. Ever
Eva: Received in mint condition and still is.

Eve: I received NO doll, offered NO replacement just a partial refund. I would have been happy to have been made the same offer and would of done it.

I hope she arrives safely in her new home!

Like that song goes It's all about the box, the box, it's all about the box.

Eva (Blossom) was so snug it was hard to get her out of it. I had to work my hands under her body and pop her free.
Attachments
DSCN1274.JPG
DSCN1274.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 3335 times
L✰neR✯nger

brayton
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brayton »

My Eva is fine, although I was a little afraid when I 1st opened up the package. I make a very conscious effort to be very carful and gentle with her. I feel any doll will last longer the less you handle them, even though any of us want to handle them, which is why most of us have them. I wish the vaginas held up better.
Attachments
upon opening
upon opening
DSC03366.JPG (112.55 KiB) Viewed 3305 times

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Well this has been a rather interesting result.. I knew more then 1 DS-mini had reported failure but.. I never thought it was going to be 50%~.

Exactly why has DS kept shipping these I wonder.. and why do they expect us to pay (1/3rd retail+S/H) for a 2nd one when clearly the 1st batch was not fit to survive shipping...

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

The answer is obvious - with 30+ points of articulation, you need to vacuum pack her into a clear plastic shell like the stuff hanging in every store. Put her in an even smaller box and fill every space with tiny foam pellets just like the Styrofoam peanuts.

I haven't seen the box they use now, but the one my Angel (SanHui) was cardboard, but like a 1/2 inch thick. It was a PIA to recycle (all has to fit in that little square box). That is the kind to use or even a thin wood crate, how much could it cost, compared to what was thrown away for shipping multiple dolls.

The carriers made out the best in all these deals.
L✰neR✯nger

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

linux_tyro wrote:I will never buy from DS again. Ever
Please don't be quite so final in your mind about this.

I have three DS dolls in England, one in France and bought one for my Dad and is now with member Samurai. All five dolls are very wonderful creations and give much pleasure.

The DS mini was a departure from their norm in terms of a plastic rather than a metal skeleton. Whether they will be able to build on their experiment only they can know but their metal skeleton ladies are nothing short of exceptional.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

LoneRanger wrote:The answer is obvious - with 30+ points of articulation, you need to vacuum pack her into a clear plastic shell like the stuff hanging in every store. Put her in an even smaller box and fill every space with tiny foam pellets just like the Styrofoam peanuts.
Nope. Just need to pick a better plastic. they have already upgraded to 'nylon or something' according to john.

I don't get why they ever used a brittle/cheap plastic to begin with. There are plastics you'll find running 100,000 miles in your engine as gears.. and plastics you'll find in cheap toys that snap in a week.

Iv got plastic shelfs that support a hundred pounds on skinny little plastic tubes.. Iv got semi-flexable Tupperware tubs that you could drop from 10 feet and would be fine...

And then I have rigid plastic containers that I have shattered with a drop from 2 feet, while empty.. and rigid plastic parts I have thrown across the room without a scratch. Ask yourself how many times you have dropped your TV remote and how many of those have cracked.

Millions of large plastic devices get shipped from china every day. Very few of them arrive broken.

IMO this is all down to a very poor choice in plastics for the first run of DS-minis, rather disappointing from a company who prides itself in quality on every other aspect of their dolls.

PS: its 33 points. I counted them. 35 for a full sized DS (full size DS have 2 joints per shoulder instead of the DS-minis 1)

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

linux_tyro wrote:Mine arrived with a broken right leg and absolutely no packing material. I was insulted that they wanted me to pay a third of the price for a new doll plus $268 dollars for shipping. I agreed to a repair part and partial refund. Doll has been sold at a slight loss. I will never buy from DS again. Ever
I likely will still order from DS as I don't see any better company to order from that I can afford.. but I likely won't be pre-ordering any new designs in the future that is for sure. Not until they have been delivered and any bugs/complaints worked out.

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

My Eve never arrived, just went up in smoke like a magic trick, her sister was not amused.
Attachments
DSCN1584.JPG
DSCN1584.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 3211 times
L✰neR✯nger

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

LoneRanger wrote:My Eve never arrived, just went up in smoke like a magic trick, her sister was not amused.

Awe. :cry:

INFORMATIONS