exdollofficial.com

Dr. Madshagger performs back surgury on poor Eva

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Dr. Madshagger performs back surgury on poor Eva

Post by madshagger »

I wasn't going to start yet another thread on this, but I figured the post/photos might get a bit buried, and there will be plenty of people doing this surgery themselves by the sounds of it :( So I hope this is helpful to the other newbies who have never attempted this before, and to the old timers who are waiting on parts and dolls right now as well and include a few fact and tips to help others.

So, my poor Eva's back snapped 12 hours after I got her - I was gutted. I had only just signed up here, and I saw other people having the same issues...

Anyway - I had been dealing with the absolutely brilliant Paul form Cloud Climax UK who handled the import of the doll (as I was scared about seizure after other reports form America). I can't thank him enough for acting as a middle man, getting the doll here fast and pain free, and handling parts, tech, and perhaps more importantly moral support! As well as getting me a replacement Eva from DS at no charge to me. I highly. highly, highly recommend them and give the highest accolades for the communication!

So, on to the surgery!

So, I was told by Paul, and in viewing the DS repair video to go in from the side seam, and for once I'm glad I'm an ignorant old fart and disobeyed all them and cut in to her back, as I am certain now I would have had a nightmare of a time reaching the bolts and certainly would have damaged her silicone if I had tried - at least without an extra set of hands. Instead I cut down her spine, as I rarely look at her form behind or feel her back - and above all I could feel the spire and break so thought it would be the most direct route.

Once I got in I was really sad to see that like the other poster the threaded section has snapped off flush with the upper torso, and getting it out would be a real pain as it was jammed in there good.

I'm positive now that the issue of breakage stems from the fact DS screws this in all the tight, so and twisting motion in transit or after is going to cause the break. The nylon itself seems pretty strong, but the fact it is hollow and supporting all her weight, it is simply sub par for purpose.

Fortunately the replacement was not hollow - inside of it is a METAL pin which is definitely going to be MUCH stronger.

Getting the bolts out was a huge pain, my wratchet would not fit and was way too awkward, so I had to use a pair of box end spanners in 10mm to undo them 1/4 turn at a time. Ugh... There is positively no way you would manage this going in from the side IMO, unless you use an electric setup and risk damage to the silicone.

Many bad words later I had the old spine out, but was at a loss as to how to extract the broken threaded section. Paul form Cloud Climax had several good ideas such as using a screw inside to get some bite and backing it out - or carving into the torso a little so I can get vice grips onto the nub. Also cutting a slot so I can use a screw driver - but when I tried this it just flaked apart. So frustrated I thought about it, then I grabbed an old pocket knife... This worked great - I hammered it into the plastic and with a twist the thread came loose. Silicone was on the threads so it was an effort to get out, and the new one does not ride in smoothly - so I wont be "twisting" Eva at all.

Next up... reassembly. You are supposed to use small brass washers/bushes between the "fingers" of the sspine - let me just say, if you manage to get these in you must have the patience of a monk. No amount of bad words and fiddling would get these into the cracks and allow me to thread in the bolt, so I just left the little bastards out. No harm done IMO - I put some grease on the joins to account for any friction.

Then bonding the skin, which I was really nervous about. If I can share one tip, it is that you should cut a bigger hole than you need, as I inadvertently tore mine while working, and it made for a more jagged incision that I would ave liked near her bum. So cut a nice long straight line, and you wont have my issues.

Paul said to use very little silpoxy - so I applied it conservatively with a bamboo skewar and it set up in about 5 minutes. i held it closed with scotch tape, and within about 5-6 hours it was absolutely solid.

Eva now sits upright again, and is almost as good as new minus her scar and a bit of a squeek when she bends over, but all in all I'm satisfied with the result.

It was frustrating and nerve racking, I wont lie, but even a bufoon like me can do it with some patience and very basic tools.

Anyway - I hope this helps people!

Fortunately my new Eva will be here in a couple weeks and no doubt with the improved spine, so hopefully future buyers wont have this problem! I could have done without this adventure, but I consider myself very fortunate for all the support form Cloud Climax and the good folks here on the forum!

MS.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Dr. Madshagger performs back surgury on poor Eva

Post by Paleonaturist »

Beautifully and masterfully done, Madshagger - so long as the volume's turned down!

Your girl looks good to go.

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

Tetrasol

Post by Tetrasol »

waity wait wait, I saw a benchmade. It's my Favorite brand of knife. I own 2, my most used is the Benchmade "Infidel 2" Non serated. I know it's off topic, but I have to show appreciation for your choice in cutlery. Also, great job on the back repair surgery.

I have to come up with a new skeleton idea, I will talk to some engineering friends and see what they can think of too. It's pretty fun to think of new improvements.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Very glad to hear the new one has a metal insert in the hole. No idea why they would have made it hollow and not shove a metal pin in lol.

I'll be having to do similar to my EVA soon so good to read this.

On my thigh replacement, I had to file the joint tangs of the replacement thigh ever so slightly (0.03" or so!) to be able to fit in the brass washers. VERY smooth movement and 0 squeak from the brass washers.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

neesa333
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by neesa333 »

:thumbs_up: Looks like you did a great job! A master surgeon you are, I've seen worse scars on humans.
Congratulations!
"Doe's Barbie come with Ken?"
"No sweetheart, she comes with GI Joe, She only fakes it with Ken"

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

Great work. I thought that it would be easier to undo bolt and nut from the side as they are both visible, if cutting the back then you can only see the bolt and nut is hidden inside... I suppose with new improved part there's no more danger of it snapping again, unless weak spot next to the new joint breaks.
DarkOne wrote:Very glad to hear the new one has a metal insert in the hole. No idea why they would have made it hollow and not shove a metal pin in lol.
I just hope that the pin is properly "merged" with the base of the hinge and not just dropped inside the hollow thread section, as threads would only break off again with the metal pin inside haha. Is sideways twisting of upper torso done by that thread? Obviously not working if it's thightened all the way in then.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Wow great job happy you are fearless for her sake. She looks great.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I managed to get the bolt and other half of broken joint off (still working on the thread part inside the torso) and I noticed that there was hole inside that lead to her vagina canal. I don't know if it was already there or did I tear it open when fighting with the bolt, but suppose if doll is used sexually it would be best to be sealed with silicone or water/other goo starts accumulating inside the doll. So I would recommend doing "blow test" before closing her wound to see if her vagina leaks into her intestines, lol.

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

What next!? All in the name of saving a few pennies on real packing material and a stronger box. I would have been happy if they offered a wooden crate option.
L✰neR✯nger

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Well done madshagger!
I am a little curious as to the amount of large thread left. Was this as far as it would screw in?
I suppose it's now up to the rest of us to do these jobs once the new parts come! I have extensive repairs to do on my Eva1 and another pelvis operation on Eva 2 if Eva1 goes well!
I cut open Eva1 some time ago to find out what was damaged and get back to DS. When they saw the damage they thought it would be a very difficult repair so that's why I got a replacement. Because of the time-lapse, I think there's now quite a bit of dust particles on the cut surfaces. I've heard you should use rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces. Any thoughts?
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry to take a few days to get back to the thread.
Tetrasol wrote:waity wait wait, I saw a benchmade. It's my Favorite brand of knife. I own 2, my most used is the Benchmade "Infidel 2" Non serated. I know it's off topic, but I have to show appreciation for your choice in cutlery. Also, great job on the back repair surgery.
I do love my benchmades (I also have an axis pardue and a mini griptillian)! It's a now extinct darkstar, I've had for 15 years - fantastic little knife! Its very strong, and did the job removing that very stubborn threaded section. I've snapped easyouts/screw extractors using less stress than it too to get out that section, so anyone trying it - use a really strong blade! Frankly I think an easy out would shred the plastic before it worked as its flaky and greasy material.
DarkOne wrote:Very glad to hear the new one has a metal insert in the hole. No idea why they would have made it hollow and not shove a metal pin in lol.

I'll be having to do similar to my EVA soon so good to read this.

On my thigh replacement, I had to file the joint tangs of the replacement thigh ever so slightly (0.03" or so!) to be able to fit in the brass washers. VERY smooth movement and 0 squeak from the brass washers.
The plastic/nylon material does apear to be the same stuff - which is a bit concerning, but it may be stonger. M guess is they just glued the pin in. It's certainly going to make lateral movement MUCH more secure, which is what ultimatly broke mine, but the "screw" function of the fitting which is way, way too tight and binding is still as issue. I'd warn anyone, not to try and twist Eva at all. This is the reason I left a bit of extra threading exposed though. DS screwing it in all the way is a part of the problem, there is no where to "turn" at all if its screwed all the way in, and this during shipping is what I feel fractured it. I'd love to have gotten those shims in. It was probably a lot easier on her knee. If anyone manages this on the spine, I commend your patience! The squeaking is now gone in any case, and operation is smooth.
Pumpster wrote:I managed to get the bolt and other half of broken joint off (still working on the thread part inside the torso) and I noticed that there was hole inside that lead to her vagina canal. I don't know if it was already there or did I tear it open when fighting with the bolt, but suppose if doll is used sexually it would be best to be sealed with silicone or water/other goo starts accumulating inside the doll. So I would recommend doing "blow test" before closing her wound to see if her vagina leaks into her intestines, lol.
I noticed this as well - directly under the lower nut on the top joint there is a hole that leads into the vaginal cavity. I left it open, and here's why: If you have ever owned a fleshlight and left the valve closed it builds up a lot of pressure when you slide "something" into it making for an undesirable resistance - the air has to go somewhere. My guess is DS did this on purpose as there doesn't seem to be a tear that caused it - I was very careful. Even when Eva's was new - if I pushed n her stomach, I could feel air come out of her vag... so I'd leave it alone. The hole is small and not much moisture can get in, though I would think twice about using high pressure to clean her out.
hollows+fentiman wrote:Well done madshagger!
I am a little curious as to the amount of large thread left. Was this as far as it would screw in?
I suppose it's now up to the rest of us to do these jobs once the new parts come! I have extensive repairs to do on my Eva1 and another pelvis operation on Eva 2 if Eva1 goes well!
I cut open Eva1 some time ago to find out what was damaged and get back to DS. When they saw the damage they thought it would be a very difficult repair so that's why I got a replacement. Because of the time-lapse, I think there's now quite a bit of dust particles on the cut surfaces. I've heard you should use rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces. Any thoughts?
I left the additional thread to give some leeway if I accidentally twist Eva at all. I would recommend leaving a few threads for this reason.... That and my arm got sore trying to wind it in! :) Silicone gets in the hole and it's tight to begin with. The silicone is SO sticky it does attract dirt, dust and lint like mad. I used Isopropyl (Rubbing alcohol) to clean mine up and it did the job. Paul at Cloud Climax recommended acetone, so I had some on hand. I found Acetone useful as it made the silicone sticky again and helped with the closing of the incision. But I found the rubbing alcohol was better for cleaning the lint and dirt I inadvertently attracted, so Id do that if I were you, then tape her shut to keep her clean until you can finish the job. Scotch tape works well and leaves no residue.

Thanks to all for the comments. If anyone gets stuck or needs a sounding board let me know, I'm happy to lend any advice I can.

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

madshagger wrote:The plastic/nylon material does apear to be the same stuff - which is a bit concerning, but it may be stonger. M guess is they just glued the pin in.
Oh man, I hope they didn't do lazy man's fix and just put the pin in and it's otherwise just the same as version 1 part. As mine broke off just where the thread (and hollowness) start so that metal pin wouldn't have helped in there at all and pin would be now stuck inside the torso with plastic threads. I asked DS-John many times if the parts they send are made of better plastic but he ignored it completely.

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

Pumpster wrote:
madshagger wrote:The plastic/nylon material does apear to be the same stuff - which is a bit concerning, but it may be stonger. M guess is they just glued the pin in.
Oh man, I hope they didn't do lazy man's fix and just put the pin in and it's otherwise just the same as version 1 part. As mine broke off just where the thread (and hollowness) start so that metal pin wouldn't have helped in there at all and pin would be now stuck inside the torso with plastic threads.
Honestly, I think that's exactly what they did. It looks and feels the same to me. Though i'm no plastics expert.

I would leave it unscrewed a bit as I did, that way the metal pin section is taking the force against the torso rather than the plastic part that the pin doesn;t extend into. The pin ends about 1.5mm from either end of the threaded section.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

I presume the large diameter screw is to allow the twist movement of the body so it shouldn't be screwed home tight anyway!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

madshagger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by madshagger »

Yep, that's what I said previously.

INFORMATIONS