exdollofficial.com

Kayla doll arm complete snap

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Kayla doll arm complete snap

Post by puma uma »

I barely used my DS doll other than for photos . I was setting up for photos and her arm just snapped like it was nothing. I know her joints were way too over tightened when i got her. Any idea how i can fix this is this even fixable?

Just curious if DS doll will send me a new *bone* the repair looks relatively simple to be honest.
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (215.3 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Kayla doll arm complete snap

Post by puma uma »

Sorry for the small photo i don't want to cut deeper until i do the repair. Welding isn't much of an option for me i have little experience with it. But i am curious if all i need to do is just change out the metal bone. I looked at the skeleton on DS doll website and the break happened right below the joint.

I'm not pissed just bummed i couldn't finish my photo shoot. As far as i do know she's not under warranty. I got her used from another member fairly new.
Attachments
bones.jpg
bones.jpg (46.3 KiB) Viewed 3162 times

my doll album

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Sorry to hear that. I know how it feels when it happens, especially during photo taking, and you're being careful.

I was lucky with my JM, as their joints are removable. In your case, a solution must must from DS and I would ask them for a repair guidance.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Sorry to hear this Puma :(

Is is the shoulder join that broken? It looks like it could be the weld at the top of the shoulder that welds the bracket to the pin that allows rotation. Both the upper arm and the shoulder employ the same mechanism. It's very likely the same as Xiaoli's hip break, though the brackets are different for the shoulder joint itself. if you look at the end of the tube that has the break you should see a large hex head, this will need to be unscrewed from the tube to remove the nut from the end of the pin and remove the pin, then you can insert the replacement piece, tighten the nut to set the tension, then screw the whole unit back in to the arm tube. (assuming the weld has snapped at the top of the arm, not on the shoulder)

Here's a larger shoulder pic.
sk001.jpg
sk001.jpg (68 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
This is a hip joint, but the conical socket and pin are likely to be the same
DSC02644.JPG
DSC02644.JPG (41.15 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
Xiaoli's broken hip, im surmising that you have a similar failure at the shoulder
Failed Hip Joint2.jpg
Failed Hip Joint2.jpg (50.11 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
My solution, replace the pin with a bolt
IMG_3426.JPG
IMG_3426.JPG (110.51 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
My solution is not perfect, the hip rotation is very loose now, far looser than it was when I first sealer her back up. My suggestion would be to get a replacement from John at DS and repair it properly. He's usually pretty good if you contact him on their sales Email.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

SiliconeWorld
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by SiliconeWorld »

Heartbreaking injury for Kayla! Here's to a quick repair .

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

Yea i forgot about the time difference over there. I'm just waiting on him to message me back. He asked for a better photo i did the best i could i just don't want to cut all the way deep yet. The injury is just right below the shoulder. I would assume i would just need to replace the whole upper half of the arm correct?
Attachments
sk001.jpg
sk001.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 3043 times

my doll album

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

If its the pin in to the upper arm thats gone it could be just a case of replacing the bracket/pin assembly, but thats assuming the socket can be removed from the upper arm bone. DS may locktight it in or something. At that point it would be the upper arm bone from elbow to shoulder.

Karrot

dollylamma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by dollylamma »

So sorry to hear good luck
DL

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

DS are usually top rate for many things and especially looking after one of their girls. Having had a TPE lady for so long we all know that you're an experienced and careful doll owner who's not handled her badly.

You're going to have to cut in quite wide to do this. When replacing, cut along the seam and don't do it too short. You've probably seen Chloé's operations that I posted. ( http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 97#p936297 ) If the shoulder seam cut is too short then the silicone can split - so it's better to go longer.

Were I to be doing that operation again and in less of a hurry I'd use less silicone and do it in stages. Jeff at BTC uses staples to keep the wound together for the lower layers and then I recommend clingfilm for the final stage.

Wipe with acetone before gluing.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

Removed the broken part from Kayla here's what i got. Clear snap, so i would assume i just need to replace the whole upper hal fof the arm Karrot?
Attachments
photo (7).JPG
photo (7).JPG (214.08 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
photo (8).JPG
photo (8).JPG (226.36 KiB) Viewed 2995 times
photo (9).JPG
photo (9).JPG (217.13 KiB) Viewed 2995 times

my doll album

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Thats down to DS as to what they feel is necessary. it looks like both sides of the bracket snapped off 8O so, er, holy FUCK!

Looking at the top of the arm 'bone' where the snap occured there is a hex nut on the end of the tube. Yoiu might be able to unscrew that from the tube (might, dont know if DS lock it on there). once thats out, you will be able to access the nut that holds the chamfered pin in place. This is what sets the tension on that rotation (which is actually the elbow left-right rotation in this case).

If that hex is locked on then DS must threadlock it at the factory which would make sense, you wouldnt want it unscrewing if it had less tension than the joint itself. If it is threadlocked then you will need to replace the entire upper arm 'bone'

Karrot

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

I made a small attempt to unscrew the hex, but it wasn't going anywhere. I'm gonna leave her alone for now and just wait hopefully they will send me another part so i can repair her.

my doll album

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

You can do this. Usually ypu cut atthe seams all youneed to remove the parts are 2 cheap wratcheting socket sets .
And a set of allen wrenches.once removed the can send parts. Take out any nuts and bolts you find in there.
Lay them out in proper order for photos.
Send the photos to john. And/or post here
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by puma uma »

samara78 wrote:You can do this. Usually ypu cut atthe seams all youneed to remove the parts are 2 cheap wratcheting socket sets .
And a set of allen wrenches.once removed the can send parts. Take out any nuts and bolts you find in there.
Lay them out in proper order for photos.
Send the photos to john. And/or post here

Yup already on that just waiting on John for the part. I just hate waiting

my doll album

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Hi Puma,
The top of my DS 168 upper arm broke. :( Not exactly like yours, but close. Her right side shoulder and right side hip were tightened way too much. The hip broke after a year and the arm a few months after that. The hip was inevitable, but the arm was because I didn't bring the upper part completely to her side before trying to rotate it forward. Even so, the shoulder was tightened too much on her right side.

I cut down the inside of her upper arm and removed the pieces. The elbow bolt would spin, but refused to screw or be pulled out. I finally had to resort to a hammer. A bit awkward as the nut was towards the outside of her arm. The hole in the brackets and center washer did not line up. Once I removed the pc, I aligned the bolt hole with a round file.

John is sending me a new part for the cost of shipping ~$60.

Unfortunately there is no way to loosen her shoulder rotation without a major cutting job, which I refuse to do. The hip adjustment was much easier.

You cannot just weld the break, as the tube holds a rotating pin and teflon bushing that allows her arm to rotate along its length. Unlike the hip jount, this bushing assembly is spot welded to the tube. The hip was a machine screw affair that could be disassembled. Yah I could grind away the spot welds and remove the bushing assembly, weld the broken part and then re spot weld the bushing assembly, but heck I've all ready had to deal with the hip, which I completely did myself, welding, machine work and all.

Here are some pics. Let me know if I can help with more info. BTW I ordered more Permatex flowable windshield sealant from Amazon. $5.00 and free shipping on Prime.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (547.1 KiB) Viewed 2940 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (509.45 KiB) Viewed 2940 times

INFORMATIONS