exdollofficial.com

DS Mini - How durable is it?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

Bear Buns
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

DS Mini - How durable is it?

Post by Bear Buns »

With the DS Mini now available again, I'm hoping to buy one in the next few months. Just hoping someone out there who has one can share whether or not the skeleton in these dolls is durable or not. I feel like I remember people mentioning them breaking a lot when they first came available, but yeah, just hoping to get a little insight into whether or not I can expect one of these dolls to last with normal use.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: DS Mini - How durable is it?

Post by samara78 »

They really are cute dolls. The durability just wasn't there in my opinion. Perhaps they have updated since
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

i just put an order in a few weeks ago. i hope there durable. thats nearly 800.00 bucks.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

It does depend on how they are used! They are very small, very beautiful and very articulate! However, they are not really sex dolls! I ordered one nearly a year ago now and she arrived broken. That's the main reason I joined TDF as I searched the net to find out how they could be fixed and found this site! DS sent me a replacement but she broke soon after arriving!

I still haven't finished surgery on them! I got one out a week or so back to finish her surgery and blow me if one of her legs suddenly went limp again so I'm going to have to recut and see what's happened! You can get the bits from DS usually free but you have to pay shipping on them.

IF YOU TREAT THEM GENTLY they are lovely dolls. They have a great range of movement but once you get to the limit of that the hard plastic skeleton can break. The lugs of plastic on the joints are held together with nuts, bolts and very thin brass washers. They don't use torque wrenches or locknuts so I think it is arbitrary whether a joint will last well or not!

As I said earlier, they are very small. I can meet my thumbs and forefingers around their waists! They are also measured in the old DS way from head to middle foot not heel so they are less than 100cm tall. I wouldn't recommend them as sex dolls at all as they are too delicate and too small. The pelvis can snap its lugs off if you spread the legs too far for a start!

However, they do make excellent photographic models!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

I concur with the above experiences. I also ordered and received a DS 100 from the first run of production. Mine thankfully arrived in good condition. However, she seemed overly fragile and sex was less than spectacular. DS has not stated if hey made any improvements. Due to the plastic skeleton, Any movements places these dolls at risk. I ended up adapting mine out fairly quickly. While they are very pretty dolls, IMHO they are best at being eye candy.
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

I might get one of DS Mini when I get a chance. DS Eve is really pretty.
I've heard they got new skeleton sets for both, that's why they resume her sale and I think this applies to the 145 counter part. I notice a slight change on joint movement on my newest 145minus. I won't say much as I haven't done much motion of her yet as she's new but I won't be saying the same on the newest bones of DS Minis. You can always ask John for detailed information on what's new.

If you got one, you might be the first one to review it for us, what's change.

Cheese!

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Hi RJ, long time no hear! It would be interesting, as you say, to know what DS have done with the skeleton and IF it is improved. I fear, however, that the plastic they've used is still hard and therefore brittle. It's the lugs on the joints that take the stress and so you need to make sure any movement is in the proper alignment of the joint and not try to hyperextend it or try to move it sideways as it were!

Cheers, Hollows.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Hi RJ, long time no hear! It would be interesting, as you say, to know what DS have done with the skeleton and IF it is improved. I fear, however, that the plastic they've used is still hard and therefore brittle. It's the lugs on the joints that take the stress and so you need to make sure any movement is in the proper alignment of the joint and not try to hyperextend it or try to move it sideways as it were!

Cheers, Hollows.
Hi there,

Well, without us getting the new one, no one will ever tell what change so at least one of us get it to see the 2017 improvement. I'm interested as well as I wanted to get one for myself and as a collector, this shall not be missed out.

Unlike others, I don't use my dolls for sex anyways so the usage won't be drastic. But if she became obsolete just by shipment, that proves her durability is below the grade. This is why they suspend her sales at least in US because not only the paranoia but the complaints about broken shipment.

I guess they resume the sale again because of the changes and their introduction to the newest two skin tones.

That's all I can say. Still completing my list of DS 145 series.

Cheese!!

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

The problem of breakage in transit is generally created by the carriers of course! Because they are relatively light but awkward for carriers to carry horizontal as they should be, the boxes tend to be carried and stood on end! When my carrier arrived he was at the door with it standing on end and her neck and back were broken!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

I am tempted to argue against getting a DS Mini for anything other then, as stated, eye candy. I have no idea how the new generation is with respect to their joints.

I never understood why this doll's frame was not made of metal?? I mean the weight difference is slight and even if it raised the cost a 100 per doll, so what if you knew you were getting a stronger more durable product.

JMHO
L✰neR✯nger

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

LoneRanger wrote:I am tempted to argue against getting a DS Mini for anything other then, as stated, eye candy. I have no idea how the new generation is with respect to their joints.

I never understood why this doll's frame was not made of metal?? I mean the weight difference is slight and even if it raised the cost a 100 per doll, so what if you knew you were getting a stronger more durable product.

JMHO
Your question about why DS don't use metal instead is similar to my other question why not put a concentrated silicone underneathe her feet so the she can stand on her own without relying on hook kits or at least add extra support on the feet area. Sanhui pull this method out. What wrong with extra couple lbs. if it makes the doll durable and standing free?

I think DS is aiming more of weight issues than the real issue of durability. They intend to make a doll lightweight. That's why they make EXLite as experiment. They're looking for ways to make them lesser heavy at a price of durability. I would look down at them if they replaced the 145 and above with plastic. That's a worst trade off just to make the doll lighter.

Although, upon request from what I heard, they do offer solid silicone. I don't know if it's true or if it ever applies to DS Mini series.

None of us can't tell the newest improvement on their skeletal system unless one possessed the 2017 model.

Cheese,

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

"None of us can't tell the newest improvement on their skeletal system unless one possessed the 2017 model."

And there it is! Yep, we need a new review of Gen 2 !! Any volunteers??
L✰neR✯nger

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Just a word about standing. Even with a broken hip I did get Yi to stand, although she did have pretty big cowboy boots on! I'm on my iPad at the moment so this will probably come out sideways....
IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0115.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3396 times
I don't think they need stronger silicone as it's the size of feet being so small that make them difficult to balance without assistance by leaning on something.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

hollows+fentiman wrote:I don't think they need stronger silicone as it's the size of feet being so small that make them difficult to balance without assistance by leaning on something.
I think you misunderstand my point about stronger silicone on the foot pad. This is so the metal especially on the high end dolls 145 and above, don't pierce through the silicone skin creating a tear underneath on which why a method of hook kits is used.

There are many ways to balance a doll however if their feet don't support their weight is one of the issue whether they lean on something or stand alone.

(I just discover about hook kits when I first did this shots. I didn't know that DS have weak footing and stand using a hook kits. Glad she's not damage underneath.)

Another is because of the weak metal pad underneath, when she stand by herself, she intends to bend towards you and I believe the cause of metal tearing up the silicone in attempts to support the weight.

That's why if there's a solid silicone underneath, the metal won't be able to tear the silicone and bit heaviers so she could be balanced properly.

Cheese,

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Sorry, I thought you meant the mini doll! Haremlover says the 167 stands well and he has a few others that also stand but I'm not sure now whether that's with the standing foot option of studs.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

INFORMATIONS