exdollofficial.com

Wig recommendations?

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

take123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Wig recommendations?

Post by take123 »

Im looking to get another wig besides the one dsdoll came with. Anyone have recommendations on which places to look for them? I have been searching ebay but wanted to see if any forum members has a good recommendation. I am looking for a long straight black or blonde hair with bangs.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Wig recommendations?

Post by Slew »

Hello take. Personally I use eBay for purchases, both 'human hair' wigs and the higher quality synthetic ones. Each have a different feel but can look great. I'd recommend to avoid the really cheap ones for under $20, as they tend to be course to the touch and the strands will fall out early and often.

Here's an eBay search for "human hair long straight wig with bangs"

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

just got a few from here a few days ago. got a few and they are pretty good quality.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/wigs_263 ... cription=0

Keyman

Post by Keyman »

optical delusion wrote:just got a few from here a few days ago. got a few and they are pretty good quality.

You had much better luck than me. I bought 2 from lightinbox and they were both terrible. Wigs are kinda hit and miss unless you go really high quality/price. I paid $30 for one POS there and then saw it for $13 on another site. Price alone is not a guarantee.

my-doll
Ex-Member

Post by my-doll »

Low cost wigs are synthetic ones and last for 4-6 months, its better to invest in human hair wigs that can last a year or more when used daily, however, it starts with $100.

alanseveneleven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by alanseveneleven »

I've had good success with the mid-range, real hair blends from China (ebay). I buy quality shampoo and conditioner for them. The cheap $10-20 China wigs have been fine as long as I get the short hair for less tangle and maintenance.

The mid range short hair (2-4") is what I prefer almost always now because they can go for a tumble and barely get tangled. In fact they often look better after a tumble because they just look styled and cute.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Keyman wrote:
optical delusion wrote:just got a few from here a few days ago. got a few and they are pretty good quality.

You had much better luck than me. I bought 2 from lightinbox and they were both terrible. Wigs are kinda hit and miss unless you go really high quality/price. I paid $30 for one POS there and then saw it for $13 on another site. Price alone is not a guarantee.
the ones i bought i made sure there was a review for it. some had comments that they were a bit thin but the ones i got were said they were nice and full wigs. and yeah wig prices are not the best indicator

nogamenolife
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by nogamenolife »

synthetic wigs aren't to bad i bought this one 5 years ago for less than $30 this image was taken about 10 months ago
and here a recent one. Btw these are the same wig

What I suggest if you like the long haired wigs, get one with removeable pigtails (like the two photos above). Where u can take them off if you sleep with your doll. That way its not less of a tangle to sort out. Or you could get a hair straightener which are really great to get the tangles out. Thats just a opinion tho. You can find these types of wigs anywhere. I also have a few other wigs that are synthetic that I have had over 4 years too. But like some people say, I have had a few poor quality ones too. I have come across glued and sewed wigs and both can have there ups and owns, goods and bads. When you look at the pictures where ever you decide to buy from look for fullness. But that is not always a sure thing.

I have also had a couple of real hair wigs too. but for there price and length I have had them I would rather pay less and have more. Even tho I have had one that i only payed $50 for that is still going the distance. I found that at http://www.rosegal.com/human-hair-wigs-98/. Only reason i got it so cheap there was becuase it was on special to start with and i found a coupon online that gave me another 50% off. So if you do find a online store always google for coupons :D Google is me friend :D

And if you find a real good synthetic wig and want to care for it so you can keep it in good condition for as long as you can.
You can read thru this. It might help.
Ariana D wrote:Hi everyone
Nogame spent a lot of time with me today that he ended up falling asleep and leaving his computer wide open. So since he fixed my hair today i decided to help him out and post these photos and try to explain what he was up too :D
he bought these new hair curlers online (secret curls). He knew that 1 wouldn't be enough so he purchased 2 of them. But what he didn't know was that they also come with a ceramic hair waver. Which was a very useful tool. He spent a few nights after work looking for ways to untangle and straighten a full synthetic wig and to perm it too.
These are the tools he used
The Red and Blue thingys are the heated curlers
1 Brush and 1 Comb
and the deep retro glam ceramic waver :lol:

Then we both picked a wig. Since i have so many it was a hard decision. In the top of the photo you can see the front and back of the wig. It is actually not the worse wig I have. But in the bottom left you can see that the comb will never go thru the hair. When combing a wig it is best to use your fingers then a wig brush like the white one starting from the bottom and working your way up. As you can see with the bottom right we have done half the wig, but we used a special way of doing this.

As Nogame found out in his research, That if you use boiling hot water while combing the wig it will untangle a lot easyer. But seeing that he got this free ceramic waver (top right) he tryed using it. What you dont want to do with the waver is leave it in one spot for to long. As it will melt the hair, which is not a good idea. You can also see that it actually takes the frizzy its away too. Even just passing the hair thru the waver faster and more, is better than slow and less. After each pass use a bug brush to help remove the knoted bits. I don't think he really wanted to get the wig wet and have to dry it. In the top left picture you can see that the comb goes thru the hair very easy. In the end (bottom left) you can see the hair is straight and untangled. (bottom right) NoGame is now taking about 1 inch of hair and is gonna use the heated curlers. There are many examples on how to use the magic curlers on you tube.

To try and make the curls better noGmae used the ceramic waver on each 1 inch lot of hair to add heat. Then he added the heated magic curlers. He put so many curlers on I thought my head would fall off :P (top pictures) After making dinner and leaving the curlers in my hair for 2hrs he started to take them out.

These are the end results

I really hope this helps everyone out there. BTW he said 1 unit of the hair curlers cost $29 AUD and each unit came with 6 extra curlers and the Deep retro glam ceramic waver :lol:
We are not sure how this works on semi synthetic and real hair wigs
I hope i didn't bomb your post to much I just thought i could help a little with some of the problems i have had too
And The blond wig is a sewed wig and the carrot top on is a glued wig.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

yes to the clip on extensions. makes life so much easier and makes it so much more modular.
also get the tangle teazer brush and a squirt bottle with a 50/50 mix of water and fabric softener(synthetic wigs only) few squirts and a brush through will make the wig feel better than new.

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

Most of my wigs comes from ebay. They're all cheap.

Other's will disagree with me and probably recommend you the expensive wig that cost $50-$200 but most of my wigs are find as $20 and below. Don't know why one would spend that much for the wig. I ain't that rich xD

Also, before use, make sure to give her some fabric softener and lit it sit in a while on some bucket with water just to make sure that the hair is super soft and really comfy to smell in and also make sure to use Pantene Shampoo as it smells good after rinsing her from fabric. Give it a few hours of Air dry and you're good to.

This is how I do my girls.

Cheers,

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

RJAce1014 wrote:Most of my wigs comes from ebay. They're all cheap.

Other's will disagree with me and probably recommend you the expensive wig that cost $50-$200 but most of my wigs are find as $20 and below. Don't know why one would spend that much for the wig. I ain't that rich xD

Also, before use, make sure to give her some fabric softener and lit it sit in a while on some bucket with water just to make sure that the hair is super soft and really comfy to smell in and also make sure to use Pantene Shampoo as it smells good after rinsing her from fabric. Give it a few hours of Air dry and you're good to.

This is how I do my girls.

Cheers,

RJ
yep good advice here :thumbs_up: only thing id add is one of these.
https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Tangle-Teezer ... 1508070545
so much better than the one that comes with the doll

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

optical delusion wrote: yep good advice here :thumbs_up: only thing id add is one of these.
https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Tangle-Teezer ... 1508070545
so much better than the one that comes with the doll
DS Dolls never come with comb nor anything besides the insert unlike other manufacturers.
I have a small one that we use for cutting hair like a barber comb. Once sprinkled with Fabric Softener, comb the tangle part gently till it tangles itself. I suggest once a month to soak the wig to a bucket of fabric to keep it in soft state. Overtime the wig gets dry because of air or dust.

Cheers,

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

The same opinion
Also I do not have expensive wigs
Use fabric softener to get tangles from the hair works well and it smells good too.
No perfume needed, it's a win win situation
The only extra I use is a special hair brush
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

RJAce1014
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RJAce1014 »

The only thing about expensive wigs is that they are properly rooted on the base. The hair itself is hard to tangle and will come off good unlike Fabric. They also don't get pulled out quickly, this is especially true on high ends like those $150 wigs. I think there's also a wig that if you use shampoo, they're life like.

I don't think lifelikeness is a better exchange for expensive product. Your doll is already lifelike, you don't need everything that much. I know most people will say that you can afford an expensive doll so why worry about a two hundred dollar wig. Well, I would rather spend that $200 on a $20 wig, $20 clothing or $60 clothing set, $$$ more garments to choose from, etc.

Just be weary though if you're buying in China. There are certain clothes that are so cheap, they're counterfeit. It's not allowed in customs might get confiscated. Better make sure there's reviews on the trade.

Cheers,

RJ
DOLLAVIDALOCA

gator048

Post by gator048 »

Last edited by jiayi on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Link

INFORMATIONS