exdollofficial.com

Making loose joints to tight stiff joints

The EXDOLL company manufactures high quality, high-end and lifelike silicone dolls. They have been focused on bringing the best silicone sex doll to market since 2009. Every single doll, from the Utopia collection to the RealClone collection, manufactured by EXDOLL, are the fruits of their ingenuity, creativity, and commitment. As EXDOLL has customers in over 100 countries, they remain dedicated to achieving their original purpose of "making the customer's dreams come true". It is their honor to bring you the perfect doll. Either you want a love doll or a collectible art, they will never hesitate to make it happen for you. English Website:https://www.exdollofficial.com/

Moderator: jiayi

take123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Making loose joints to tight stiff joints

Post by take123 »

I have a loose joint doll. I have two of them right now. I'm looking to turn one into tight joint. The neck, back, wrist, and feet joints are all stiff joint already as that's how DSDOLL ship them as.

I'm mainly focused on tightening the knee joint and also the joint of the thigh to the pelvis joint. Basically I want her to hold her position sitting or bending legs in a particular position. The floppy legs is something I wanted to remove.

Secondary for me are tightening the shoulder and tightening the elbow.

Has anybody done this before? I would appreciate any wisdom from the brave people who have done this surgery before. I saw the skeleton drawings and am studying it. But I am wondering which side of the joint do I cut, for example on the knee joint do I make an incision along the seam on the outer side or the inner side (pic below shows). Do I need incisions on both sides so my tool can tighten on one side while the other side holds the screw still? Or can tightening just one bolt on one end do the trick? Any recommendation on what size is the bolt so I know which wrench size to use?

Will the blade only need to cut just Silicone or will it also be cutting through foam before seeing the bolt?
If I make the incision right on the seam it seems that it can be a relatively "clean" operation if the glue is cleanly applied.
Any tips on using Silpoxy adhesive (I will try it on a insert first). I heard a little goes a long way.

I appreciate any recommendations. I'll take photos when I start doing this. I have Silpoxy and Rubbing Alcohol ready. I just need to prepare some bandages and medical scalpels before the surgery...
Attachments
skel.png
skel.png (326.04 KiB) Viewed 3325 times

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Making loose joints to tight stiff joints

Post by Sate »

I've done the opposite of what you're planning man, turning tight into loose for the 167 body. It's somewhat simple if you know where to cut and have the proper wrenches/

You'll need two wrenches at the least as places like the thigh joint have two hex nuts on each side on the joint, and turning only one will cause the one on the other side to also turn, stalling any real progress.

I can't remember the exact size of wrench I used, but if you have a variety available one of wrenches in a basic set should do it. I used a standard non-adjustable wrench and a monkey wrench.

For the thigh the joint should be right on the side of the hip, roughly right below the line of the bellybutton. Move the leg around a bit to zero in on the exact spot. For the thigh you'll also be cutting into foam before you get to the joint.

For the knees, a small slit on each side will give you access to both hex nuts, then it's just doing the adjustments with your wrenches until you like the tightness. The elbows should have a similar procedure. I can't say for sure if you'll run into any foam to cut, but I don't think so from checking my current DS doll (145 plus).

Making the cuts along the seam point will give you the ability to create a cleanly closed section after the surgery, just remember to use a sharp fresh blade like an exacto knife and lightly use your glue. A thin coat is all that's needed.

For the foam, I remember watching a video on the forum that mentioned you should use regular glued such as super glue for the foam, and the silicone glue just for the silicone portions. Glue the foam back together first, then once it sets and looks solid glue the silicone skin back together. Use the alcohol on the silicone being glued back together to clean it up first, and make sure it's dry.

Good luck man, having the right tools makes the biggest difference so be well prepared.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

take123
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by take123 »

Interesting you went the other way. You prefer your 167 loose jointed?

So basically to tighten bolts you have to make cuts on both sides, its not just possible tightening one side only without holding the other bolt still? Makes the thigh joint sound very hard to do since the inner bolt is close to the private area which I dont want to screw up.

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

I prefer loose joints in general since bedtime are my doll's primary use, especially snuggling. Tight joints can also snuggle, but nowhere near as convenient.

Yeah cuts on both sides except for the thighs, you'll need to make a longer opening to get to both hex nuts but you'll only need to close one side. Unfortunately from my own experience adjusting the joints, both bolts have to be in your control otherwise you'll just be twisting one over and over without end.

Luckily though when you move the legs around with the seam opened the joints will also twist with it, so you can adjust the leg while doing the surgery to get the bolts into better position for adjustment. Using longer wrenches will also makes things easier.

- Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

For reference I've posted two photos of the 167 I worked on, you can see that one side is a completely clean repair, nearly unnoticeable. The other side has a rough surgical scar that is pretty long, though the 167 body also has the thickest thighs in a DS doll so I needed the extra room to get the wrenches inside.

- Sate
Attachments
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 3294 times
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 3294 times
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I just made 2 slits on opposite sides of the knee of my ds145 to tighten the nut a bit. I was surprised to see that the nut appeared to be normal M8 nut and it has loosened so much that I could turn it by fingers. I suppose DS uses threadlocker or otherwise there is no way nuts will stay tight? Would it suffice to replace that normal nut with locknut or would threadlocker be better so that I wouldn't need to be cutting the knee open again soon?

Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Sate »

Hmm, not sure on that one man.

My only look at the internal skeleton was in the hips, and those also used simple hex nuts to keep the tightness going, though one thing I remember is that the hips joints were wrapped in plastic to protect them from water damage (I'm guessing). I'm not familiar with nuts and bolts, but if the skeleton is using basic components I can't see why using better parts would cause any harm.

- Sate
My Dolls

Sate's Doll Archives

Special

Pumpster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pumpster »

I tried to replace nut with locknut but threads don't seem to be compatible so I guess I'll just use some thread locking liquid with old nut and hope it doesn't get loose again. I also recall reading that foam should be superglued together but I don't recall seeing reason why same silicone adhesive shouldn't be used for the foam. Silicone adhesive doesn't stick to foam or something?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

I have done this with a loose joint 160 successfully. Slit down the seams, cut through the foam, glue foam back together with superglue, and use Permatex windshield flowable silicone to finish the surgery. clingfilm wrapping film is great for bandage.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

Righty tighty lefty Loosey
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

INFORMATIONS