sexyrealsexdolls.com

My cheap light stands.

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My cheap light stands.

Post by Walley »

Amazon as some photo lighting kits for low cost, something like this from CowboyStudio - a New Photo Photography Video Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting 3 Light Kit Set- 2 7ft Stands, 1 Mini Stand and Carry Case is only $59. I also saw a two light kit for $38. I know that is a little more than the $23 this project cost but also no time is needed to build this. The light stands alone were only $10 without a light. Not sure of the quality at this price.

Ruby13
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Ruby13 »

Hey gents:
I've been using a rheostat [dimmer] from Home Depot [about $10.00] to adjust the lights for the snap shots of Ruby and the girls. I'll attempt to describe this...so even I could understand it. At one end of a 6' cord, is a male plug that goes into the wall outlet...at the other end is a slider unit to adjust the amount of light you want on the subject...the aluminum clamp-light plugs into the unit you've plugged into the wall. I'd also buy a 10' extension cord or two, depending on how many clamp lights you're using, and the distance away from the subject you are. The light bulb you'll want is at any "photography or camera" shop. It's powder blue and costs a couple bucks...be very carefull, they get extremely HOT and will cook your fingers in seconds. You can also change the bulbs to a rose or amber color for general viewing...warms up the room considerably. Total investment,about $30.00.

Don@Ruby13

Walley
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Walley »

Great tip Don, having more control over the light will do wonders for everyones pictures.

I've been playing around with LED lights. Most of the ones in stores are on the blue side when recorded. The price of color corrected LEDs has come down and recently I was able to get a set for $26 that would of cost me $300 just a year ago. I use the LEDs on location as they run on just 2 AAs for 3 hours so no worry about outlets for power.

CaptainAwesome

Post by CaptainAwesome »

Plenty of cheap light stands on eBay, like these. They're not pro quality, but as long as the lamps you're clamping onto them aren't too heavy, they should work just fine.

Wraeyth
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Wraeyth »

When using those halogen painters lights, do yall ever experience then getting super hot after being on for just a few minutes?

INFORMATIONS