sexyrealsexdolls.com

Lighting Technique (ripped from Stacy Leigh)

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Lighting Technique (ripped from Stacy Leigh)

Post by GreatSoul »

RaDiv wrote:Unwanted shadows sucks. Maybe a couple of stands for your lamps could come in handy?
Sometimes mounting the clamp lights on a ladder works well but not always. I'm finding the best way to manage minor shadow problems is with Photoshop. If it's a major shadow problem, then the lights need to be repositioned before you settle on the shot.

Thanks for the compliments RaDiv. :) Teri looks fine as wine and so does the image quality with your new cam.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

GreatSoul wrote:
1jayjay wrote: Misty is a photographic model.
I could grab just about any of her images, but this stands as the finest ass shot I've ever seen on this site (imo).

I think that's some broad you were dating at the time and certainly not a doll. :P

Thanks GS, your observation is very kind and very astue. :) There are three different shots from different angles, though very similar, to the shot above, I went with that one because, it was the one that was what I was most looking to achieve . :)

GreatSoul wrote:
RaDiv wrote:Unwanted shadows sucks. Maybe a couple of stands for your lamps could come in handy?
Sometimes mounting the clamp lights on a ladder works well but not always. I'm finding the best way to manage minor shadow problems is with Photoshop. If it's a major shadow problem, then the lights need to be repositioned before you settle on the shot.

Thanks for the compliments RaDiv. :) Teri looks fine as wine and so does the image quality with your new cam.

Great work with the photoshop GS. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: As you know, I love Cadee and her pics, and as yet, I've never even caught a sniff of any photoshop. There no ends to your artistic talents. :D

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

STACY dont you just love this imation is the greatest form of flattery!!

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

deerman wrote:STACY dont you just love this imation is the greatest form of flattery!!
Stop right there, deerman. I go WAY out of my way to not imitate Stacy's style in any way, shape or form (not because I don't like her pics but because we don't want our stuff looking like her stuff....that's already been done). If there are any poses in our album she's used before, then it's because I haven't seen those pics (she has something like 10 years of doll pics under her belt after all).

I use one of her lighting techniques and that is _ALL_ (that's mainly because we started with close to _zero_ photography experience about 7 months ago).

If S. has done shots that look like this, then please post them here because I absolutely have not seen them.

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

1jayjay wrote:Great work with the photoshop GS. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: As you know, I love Cadee and her pics, and as yet, I've never even caught a sniff of any photoshop. There no ends to your artistic talents. :D
Thanks jay, but just got it last week and I'm a total novice. It does seems to be effective at hiding minor shadows in a lot of cases. :)

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

A really great thread. We can never have too much technical stuff...especially now that we have a special forum for it ;)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

rojo62
Former Member

Post by rojo62 »

Stop right there, deerman. I go WAY out of my way to not imitate Stacy's style in any way, shape or form (not because I don't like her pics but because we don't want our stuff looking like her stuff....that's already been done
Maybe you don't want to imitate Stacy but, I go WAY out of my way to imitate Stacy's style in every way in can. I'm not trying to be a copycat. We all have our own unique twist. I'm just an amatuer that admires first class work. I think Stacy's photos are extremely classy and if I can capture some of what she has created then I am thrilled.

Please don't misunderstand my post here GreatSoul. You have some nice work. I'm not comparing you to Stacy. I'm simply pointing out that some of us aspire to be like someone. Not unlike kids that admire their favorite pro athlete and want to be one themselves someday. Not a clone of any sort. Just someone to look up to. If you don't know where you want to go how you going to get there? I think it's awesome that she is even on here for us admire. Otherwise I would probably still be playing with my cheap Sanyo point and shoot. (No offense to the point and shoot folks)

Anyway, thanks for the tips on here. They are appreciated.

Take care ----- Rojo

GreatSoul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GreatSoul »

rojo62--none of that rant was directed at you. All good.

1jayjay
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by 1jayjay »

GreatSoul wrote:
1jayjay wrote:Great work with the photoshop GS. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: As you know, I love Cadee and her pics, and as yet, I've never even caught a sniff of any photoshop. There no ends to your artistic talents. :D
Thanks jay, but just got it last week and I'm a total novice. It does seems to be effective at hiding minor shadows in a lot of cases. :)

Novice or not, it's working, :) and working well. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: And thanks GS,for those ohter pics of the stunning Cadee - simply sublime. :)

midiman wrote:A really great thread. We can never have too much technical stuff...especially now that we have a special forum for it ;)

Agree Midi, a very good idea a tech forum, thanks. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

rojo62
Former Member

Post by rojo62 »

GreatSoul wrote:rojo62--none of that rant was directed at you. All good.

I know it wasn't. I didn't mean to imply that I was offended. I was just trying to give some credit where I felt it was due. It's all cool.

Take care --- Rojo

INFORMATIONS