sexyrealsexdolls.com

Turning Your Doll Into A Vampire

No matter how great your camera might be, it is how you apply your skills that makes the difference between an OK shot and a great shot. Here you can talk technical, talk creative, share your techniques, lighting, and digital editing. This is where we can all help each other to take better photos.
If you post a photo here and are looking for a critique, you should be prepared for honest criticism even if it hurts. It will only help to make us better photographers.

Moderator: Swan

b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Turning Your Doll Into A Vampire

Post by b-man »

Hi boys and girls. Someone wanted to know how I spookafied the girls for Halloween. Well, I made an attempt at demonstrating that. First off, let me remind everyone that I'm using Photoshop CS5, so if you have an older version, some of the features I have might not be present. So here we go. I'll be using this image of Chloe in her Lily Munster dress as she has light hair in it. I set the image size to 1440px X 1800px
Chloe the Vamp01.jpg
Chloe the Vamp01.jpg (440.14 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
First, I'll darken the image a bit. To do that, you can either go to:Layer>New adjustment layer>Levels: Or, if you have the adjustments pallette just click on the levels icon (circled in the image) to create an adjustment layer mask
Vamp Tut01.jpg
Vamp Tut01.jpg (342.16 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Move the gray (middle) slider to the right until you have the lighting you like: Note, the settings will depend on the image.
Vamp Tut02.jpg
Vamp Tut02.jpg (342.64 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Next, we'll mask over the eyes, on the levels adjustment layer you'll notice the blue brackets around the layer mask indicating it's selected. Grab a soft brush, making sure black is the foreground color, carefully paint on the eyes, with the mask selected, this will paint with black on the mask revealing the eyes making them vivid: Take care not to paint outside the eye area, I zoomed in on the eyes using the scrolling wheel on the mouse to get a better look at them for this.
Vamp Tut03.jpg
Vamp Tut03.jpg (389.81 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Next, we'll reduce the saturation. At the bottom left corner of the adjustments pallette, you'll see an arrow pointing to the left, click on it and it will return you to the pallette. Click on the hue saturation icon, (middle row, second from the left), or go to Layers>New Adjustment Layer>Hue Saturation to make a Hue and Saturation layer mask.
Vamp Tut04.jpg
Vamp Tut04.jpg (276.64 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Move the saturation layer to the left to a value of -50
Vamp Tut05.jpg
Vamp Tut05.jpg (312.85 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Now we want to adjust the colors some. So we'll make a color balance adjustment layer: It's the icon just to the right of the hue saturation layer icon, (the one with the scale)
Vamp Tut06.jpg
Vamp Tut06.jpg (271.46 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Move the Yellow Blue slider to the right to a value of +35
Now we'll darken the hair, start by Alt clicking the new layer icon at the bottom of the layers pallette and naming it "Darker Hair" in the dialog box and clicking OK. Zoom the image out by clicking Ctrl/0, grab a soft brush, set the foreground color to black, and begin to paint over the hair and neck areas, you'll need to size your brush up and down to negotiate the different areas, you can do that by using the bracket ([ ]) keys on your keyboard
Vamp Tut07.jpg
Vamp Tut07.jpg (285.83 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Vamp Tut08.jpg
Vamp Tut08.jpg (277.45 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Once you've painted the hair, set this layer's blend mode to Soft Light
VampTut09.jpg
VampTut09.jpg (286.53 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Now, to go to work on the eyes, (everyone knows vampires have bad assed eyes right 8O ), Alt/Click on the new layers icon again and name it iris:
Click on the foreground color icon and in the color picker window enter the values: R:242, G:150, B:70, and click OK.
Vamp Tut09.jpg
Vamp Tut09.jpg (317.11 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Zoom in close again and paint the irises with this color, taking care not to paint on the whites or pupils. Once that's done, set the layers blend mode to vivid light, and set it's opacity to 70%
Vamp Tut10.jpg
Vamp Tut10.jpg (288.34 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Next, Alt/Click the new layer icon again, and name it eye border. Set the default colors (D), so black is the foreground again, set your soft brush size at 9 and paint a border around the edge of the irises. Set this layer's blend mode to Multiply, and it's opacity to 80%, then go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur, and set the radius to 2 pixels
Vamp Tut11.jpg
Vamp Tut11.jpg (311.57 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Now for some dramatic shading around the eyes, grab the eyedropper tool, (I on the keyboard), sample the area under one of the eyes to get a dark brown color. Alt/Click the new layer icon again and name it eye shadow. Grab the soft edged brush, (shortcut B), set it to the size you need, and paint around the eyes
Vamp Tut12.jpg
Vamp Tut12.jpg (315.45 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Set the blend mode to multiply, and the opacity to 60%. Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur: and set the radius to 24 pixels. Then we'll tidy up a bit. Alt/Click on the create new group icon, (to the right of the new layer icon), and name it eye adjustments. Click on the eye shadow layer, hold the shift key, click on the iris layer to select all three eye layers, drag them into the eye adjustments folder, click on the arrow next to it to hide them.
Vamp Tut13.jpg
Vamp Tut13.jpg (331.95 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Now let's darken the lips some. Alt/Click the new layer icon and name it lips. Click on the foreground color icon and enter the values: R:120, G:80, B:90. Paint using the soft brush again taking care not to run over the edge of the lips. (I suppose now would be as good a time as any to mention, if you do go outside the lines, you can use the eraser tool (E)to clean that up). Set the blend mode to multiply, and the opacity to 50%.
Vamp Tut14.jpg
Vamp Tut14.jpg (297.16 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Almost there, I promise. Now we'll Alt/Click the new layer icon again, and name it lips shadow. Using the same color as the lips, we paint around the top of the lower lip, and the bottom of the upper lip
Vamp Tut15.jpg
Vamp Tut15.jpg (293.78 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Set the blend mode to multiply, and the opacity to 80%. Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur: and set the radius to 15 pixels
Finally, we'll knock the blue tint in the hair down some, to do this, make another Hue Saturation Adjustment layer, click the target saturation icon just to the left of the master above the hue bar, place the eyedropper over the area of the hair you want to desaturate, click and drag to the left until you are happy with the tint
Vamp Tut16.jpg
Vamp Tut16.jpg (300.05 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
And that about does it. She's ready to come into your bed room and bite your um, neck while you sleep :twisted:
Chloe the Vamp.jpg
Chloe the Vamp.jpg (313.74 KiB) Viewed 3884 times
Happy Halloween everyone :evilbat:
"I'm always in bed by eight and home by eleven"-Glen Quagmire

cosycottage

Re: Turning Your Doll Into A Vampire

Post by cosycottage »

Sweet work! :evilbat:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

DUHHHH!!! HELLO????

The way to turn your doll into a Vampire is to have a Vampire doll bite her on the neck three times..... :whistle:

:evilbat:

Woodsdweller

Post by Woodsdweller »

Christine2 wrote:DUHHHH!!! HELLO????

The way to turn your doll into a Vampire is to have a Vampire doll bite her on the neck three times..... :whistle:

:evilbat:
Christine, that would be the easy way....and permanent. I'm thinking that b-man doesn't want to sleep with both eyes open wondering where his dollie is or how hungry she might be. b-man's method is a tad less soulless and gives the opportunity to turn her into an alien or farm animal next. :D
Mandog.jpg
Mandog.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 3835 times
Ooops.. Almost fergitted.. Thanks b-man for the tutorial, some will find it very helpful.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by b-man »

Ok, here's another one of Chloe I did this morning. In this one, I added a final Hue Saturation mask, set the lightness to around -70, bumped the saturation way up, around 82 or so, and moved the hue slider around until I got a blood red color I liked, filled the layer mask with black, and with white as the foreground color I made a dribble of blood comming out of the corner of her mouth using a special effect blood brush set I download for free from the internet, (the price was right), to gore it up a bit. Here's what I got:
Attachments
Undead Doll04.jpg
Undead Doll04.jpg (296.46 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
"I'm always in bed by eight and home by eleven"-Glen Quagmire

INFORMATIONS