It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: Unexpected Surprise
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:51 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

TheMan01 wrote:
Do you truly get the impression that you'll damage it with anal? I was looking forward to trying that out too.
Yes ... more like ripping her taint ... it seems like this MIGHT be a problem area ... you'll understand after you get your Kelu. Did you get an estimate as to when you'll receiver her?? Last I heard about my Kelu, she was scheduled to be ready by May 5 ... so I'm getting pretty anxious too! 'Becca should be pretty happy, too ... she'll get a chance to rest!! :wink: And she'll have a sister to chat with when they're alone. (can't wait to see what kind of "evil plans" they'll come up with)
TheMan01 wrote:
I'll PM you about the other thing since it's not appropriate for this forum.
Awww crap!! My bad ... I am sorry all. Still gettin' used to the ropes, so to speak. :oops:

Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:59 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

The only estimate I got was the 16 weeks they say on the site. I was told over a week ago that she's in production at least. All I could change was eyes and hair at that point. Payment cleared 2/25 (technically, the Friday before that, but they weren't open until Monday).

When did you order yours?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:37 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

TheMan01 wrote:
The only estimate I got was the 16 weeks they say on the site. I was told over a week ago that she's in production at least. All I could change was eyes and hair at that point. Payment cleared 2/25 (technically, the Friday before that, but they weren't open until Monday).

When did you order yours?
TheMan, sorry 'bout the delayed response ... they got my check Jan 2, 2013. Just got an answer today from VRD about estimated shipping date and he says we're still on schedule for May 5-ish (first week of May basically). Plus he checked to see if I had ordered Kelu an extra wig ... I didn't remember if I had or not ... and I did ... D'OH!!! :oops:

Let's see here... 16 weeks ~ 4 months ... I'm gonna guess yours might be ready about 2nd to 3rd week of June??? Hang in there buddy!!! I'm sure it's gonna be worth it! :wink:

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:02 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

what a sweetheart ....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:45 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

MrLucky2 wrote:
what a sweetheart ....

Thanks MrLucky2! She's definitely a sweetheart AND a great travel companion, too. Conforms to almost ANY suitcase/carry-on and none the wiser!
Cheers,
Von

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am 
Active Poster
Active Poster

von_Shredhead, you have both a Kelu and a Floppy now from VRD, right? How do you like them both? Which do you spend more time with?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:05 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Sxpanther wrote:
von_Shredhead, you have both a Kelu and a Floppy now from VRD, right? How do you like them both? Which do you spend more time with?
Howdy Sxpanther, yes I have both and I like 'em both pretty much equally. Each has their own specialties for funtimes. I would have to say Kelu gets more of my time for play and Floppy gets more cuddle time. Each has advantages depending on situation. I know this is kinda vague (my brain has not fully awakened yet) but if you would like a more in-depth comparison, feel free to ask or PM me. I'll surely have had my coffee by then ... :)

Groggy Cheers,
Von

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:20 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

von_Shredhead wrote:
TheMan01 wrote:
The only estimate I got was the 16 weeks they say on the site.

Let's see here... 16 weeks ~ 4 months ... I'm gonna guess yours might be ready about 2nd to 3rd week of June??? Hang in there buddy!!! I'm sure it's gonna be worth it! :wink:

I got my order in right on the 31st of December.. making the math a lot easier :lol: .. I'm just entering into week 17 now so getting kinda excited.. w00t!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:39 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Manga_maniac wrote:
von_Shredhead wrote:
TheMan01 wrote:
The only estimate I got was the 16 weeks they say on the site.

I got my order in right on the 31st of December.. making the math a lot easier :lol: .. I'm just entering into week 17 now so getting kinda excited.. w00t!
Ohhhhhh so very close!! She'll be ready for ya soon!! Believe me Manga Maniac, it will have been worth the wait! Please post pics after she arrives!!
Cheers,
Von

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:47 am 
Active Poster
Active Poster

von_Shredhead wrote:
Howdy Sxpanther, yes I have both and I like 'em both pretty much equally. Each has their own specialties for funtimes. I would have to say Kelu gets more of my time for play and Floppy gets more cuddle time. Each has advantages depending on situation. I know this is kinda vague (my brain has not fully awakened yet) but if you would like a more in-depth comparison, feel free to ask or PM me. I'll surely have had my coffee by then ... :)

Groggy Cheers,
Von

I can see what you mean, the frame would get in the way of cuddle time. Do they both float in the water (tub)?
I get excited that you have two dollies to play with ~ Image
Is there anything to a new Kelu owner that you would advise?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:46 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Sxpanther wrote:
von_Shredhead wrote:

Groggy Cheers,
Von

I can see what you mean, the frame would get in the way of cuddle time. Do they both float in the water (tub)?
I get excited that you have two dollies to play with ~ Image
Is there anything to a new Kelu owner that you would advise?

Exactly!! No worries about twisting/bending her (non-existent) skeleton the wrong way.

As far as floating ... both are kinda neutral buoyancy, they actually "float" very similar to humans. IF they had lungs, they could rise and fall with each breath taken, but since they do not have lungs, they kinda just become "weightless" ... neither floating nor sinking ... well Kelu sinks a bit since she has a bit of metal in her skeleton, but doesn't sink like a rock would. In deep water, like a pool or pond, I would put some little tiny floats on her arms or a tiny little swim ring just to keep her from sinking and getting lost in a current or undertow.

Wig size (saw in another post) ... 12/13's do fit very nicely. The better quality wigs will have an adjustable strap for taking up any looseness if the wig is slightly too large.

Advice for new Kelu/Floppy owners ... Be careful and get to know her well. Do not push her joints hard, they have limits. When feeling any resistance ... STOP!! Her skeleton will become looser/smoother as she "breaks in" and her "limits" will be a bit more forgiving with time.

When bathing/drying, do not scrub hard when washing her, especially her "painted" areas ... dry her after a bath by patting her dry ... do not rub. Give her a fresh all over powdering when finished ... makes dressing her soooo much easier. And makes her skin silky smooth.

Watch the eyelashes, they MAY loosen over time and will most likely "clump" together eventually. I don't know if there is a way to prevent the "clumping" ... perhaps someone knowledgeable can pipe in here and help out.

That's about it from my experiences with both these awesome little dolls.

Are you selling your VRD?? I saw in another thread that you "wish you could keep her". I hope your wish comes true!

Cheers,
Von

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:18 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

Thanks von_Shredhead, that really helps out a lot answering my questions that I had.
I will be sure to use little floaties in the water and buy better quality wigs when the time comes. It sounds like the joints are extra sensitive when they are new being as opposed to Kelu dollies being known for their durability. How do you work around the scrubbing when washing to prevent damage to her and her pained areas?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:35 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Sxpanther wrote:
Thanks von_Shredhead, that really helps out a lot answering my questions that I had.
I will be sure to use little floaties in the water and buy better quality wigs when the time comes. It sounds like the joints are extra sensitive when they are new being as opposed to Kelu dollies being known for their durability. How do you work around the scrubbing when washing to prevent damage to her and her pained areas?
Your more than welcome Sxpanther ... glad to help!

The joints are just kinda tight when she's brand new and may stick a bit ... so don't mistakenly push 'em too hard past "normal". After they have some mileage on 'em, you'll know exactly where the range limits are. Make sense?? She IS a very durable little thing and will get better with age!!

Scrubbing ... do not ... just gently glide a soapy wash cloth over her. DO NOT scrub her face, just give it a rinse with soapy water and then clean water and she'll be clean. As far as soaps ... I just use dish soap ... Citrus scented. Don't use lye heavy bar soaps ... best to avoid bar soaps ... period.

I take it that you are not selling your VRD? Must have been a rumor, eh? KEWL!!

Cheers,
Von

Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5