It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:30 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]  
Search for:

Post subject: Production Time
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:35 am 
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Hello Forum members!

We at VirginRoseDolls (VRD) have been working hard to reduce our production time on our Kelu doll. Beginning with orders received After October 1st, 2014 production times on our Kelu doll will now be close to 12 weeks. This new schedule will apply to new (after Oct. 1) orders only.

On another note, we have updated several sections of our website to make browsing the site easier. If there are any sections that you have difficulty with, please let us know, but we think you'll find the navigation much improved.

Thanks very much for your patronage!

-VRD

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Production Time
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:06 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

That's really great news, as the long delays are among the things that keep me from ordering a Kelu directly from VRD.

The other issue I have with ordering from the U.S. is the shipping risk (damages, insurance?), European customs & taxes (exact amount of additional costs?), and fees for payment in a foreign currency (e.g. for an amount of about 1,000 Euro, my bank charges about 10% for a wire transfer from Euro to US$). It seems almost impossible to exactly calculate what a Kely really costs (approximately 2.050 Euro for Kelu + 10% banking fees + 30% customs & taxes = ~2.940 Euro excluding shipping/insurance).

Are these things real issues? I don't know, I haven't dared to buy for this amount of money directly from the U.S., and nobody showed me a real-life caluculation so far. But what keeps me thinking: Currently, there are two Kelus on sale here at TDF; one in is Russia and won't be shipped outside of Russia, the other one is in the U.S. and won't be shipped outside the U.S. Obviously both sellers have issues with international shipping & payment as well. If you do not have some solid experience, international shipping is scary. E.g., in Russia, they require five copies of your passport and tons of weird paperwork if you want to export anything.

Risk transition is after paying for an item, so if something happens during shipping, the buyer takes the risk; thusly I'd like insured shipping - lots of packages are damaged even when shipping inside the EU. Also, payment options for purchasing dolls are quite limited as Paypal actually does not allow to to buy/sell love dolls through their service (PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full, "Prohibited Activities", section 2 f & h). Probably single transactions won't be noticed, but the isn't any protection for sellers or buyers if love dolls are involved and a dispute has to be opened with Paypal (e.g. when the item was lost somewhere during shipping).

So my personal wish would be to have an authorized reseller in Europe who takes care of importing for me, and maybe even keeps a small stock of preconfigured Kelus: Walk into the store, pay some 3 kEUR in cash, and happily walk out of the store with your won Kelu :-)

However, as long as your order books at VRD are filled for three months, you obviously do not need to change anything urgently.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:01 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

I bought my Kelu (Mona) in February of this year. Delivery was in end of June.
so 4 mounths, = 16 weeks. The waiting time announced by VRD was respected.
I payed by bank transfer (I am in France) : 2219,22€ for the doll+shipping+1 extra wig and 30,70€ of bank fees.
On arrival I payed +/- 450€ of customs taxes (20% of the price of the doll)
There was an insurance for the total amount (UPS)
So the total cost was 2699,92€ (for a Kelu at 2495$ if I remember without mistake).
VRD is a very serious company. They do there best to satisfy you.
I had no fear at all about my order.
The package was really very strong.
A problem sometimes may happen, but the risk is small I think.
I am very very happy with my VRD!
Kudos for VRD!

Homan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

homanoidus wrote:

Congratulations for your successful purchase!

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:25 pm 
Active Poster
Active Poster

And thanks for the calculation; it's interesting that importing into France is so much cheaper than importing into Germany, and even the banking fees appear to be significantly smaller. Seems I'm living in the wrong country ;-/

However, I wouldn't have the patience to pay this amount of money and then wait 3-4 months anyway.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:36 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Bertozzi wrote:
Bertozzi wrote:
homanoidus wrote:

Congratulations for your successful purchase!

And thanks for the calculation; it's interesting that importing into France is so much cheaper than importing into Germany, and even the banking fees appear to be significantly smaller. Seems I'm living in the wrong country ;-/ However, I wouldn't have the patience to pay this amount of money and then wait 3-4 months anyway.

Maybe you have made a mistake in your calcul !? :-)
I hope you will find your doll!
Homan

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]