Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Head re attaching

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to RealDoll, including RealDoll2, Wicked RealDoll and BoyToy

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Darkangel65
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Head re attaching

Post by Darkangel65 »

Hi all I need advice on a repair to my real doll I have just purchased..
I gave recieved my real doll to find that the seller had taken the head of for ease of packing..
On inspection the head is a solid real doll head but was dismayed to find load of clear silcone around the neck area...I have re attached the head but now there is a big gap around the neck area to the head....does this need to be attached with silcone glue?
Dark
NIK GUERRA: A true artist and Retro glamour lover...please google his work featuring Magenta

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Head re attaching

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Darkangel65 wrote:Hi all I need advice on a repair to my real doll I have just purchased..
I gave recieved my real doll to find that the seller had taken the head of for ease of packing..
On inspection the head is a solid real doll head but was dismayed to find load of clear silcone around the neck area...I have re attached the head but now there is a big gap around the neck area to the head....does this need to be attached with silcone glue?
Dark

I have a Realdoll 2 and there should not be a gap, and no glue needed to attach it.

But there are other varieties of Real Doll.

Really need more info to help. Can you upload some pics?
My Doll Album is here!

Dystempr

Post by Dystempr »

I have taken my BoyToy's head off. Typically there should be some bushings (several stacked washers) between the head and the neck. I think the bushings are actually like some kind of ball bearings to help with the rotation.

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by young guy »

I realize this is a rather old thread, but I'm having a similar problem with the loose neck on my body F. I'll need a couple more posts before I can post any pics.
P.S. To the moderator checking this post for approval, I am puzzled as to why newbies aren't allowed to post pics. Pics are a very large part of this forum and an excellent way to clarify what someone is trying to explain.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

young guy,
If you have not alredy done so, please visit the Newbie Welcome Page:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 31&t=69369
You only need to have 5 approved posts before things like picture posting, pm’s etc. are enabled.
Regards,
Jiayi

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by young guy »

Hi Jiayi, thanks for the tip. I knew about the 5 posts, just didn't see the reason for it.

As to the question you posed, Darkangel65, I had to remove the head of my dear Prudence to resolve her loose neck syndrome.
20200709_214528-1.jpg
20200709_214528-1.jpg (554.15 KiB) Viewed 941 times
I had to peel away the adhesive you noted to gain access to the head mounting block bolt set screw.
20200709_214607-1.jpg
20200709_214607-1.jpg (601.85 KiB) Viewed 941 times
If I remember right, the Abyss site stated clear silicone windshield adhesive is called for, and that's pretty much what this looked like. And, of course, there's Silpoxy, but that's expensive enough it should probably be saved for skin repairs. Hope this helps and let us know how it turned out.

The second image shows Prudence with her lift strap handle. If anyone is interested, I could start a topic on how I made it, BOM, etc.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

INFORMATIONS