Tamara

Wrist repair on 2014 PIB GND

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Private Island Beauties
Firefly2008
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Wrist repair on 2014 PIB GND

Post by Firefly2008 »

I got a PIB GND a week ago from a forum member and noticed she has a broken wrist. Has anyone repaired a wrist from a 2014 PIB that can tell me how to repair it? I sent a message to Patrick, but didn't get a response.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Wrist repair on 2014 PIB GND

Post by phillip57 »

Firefly2008 wrote:I got a PIB GND a week ago from a forum member and noticed she has a broken wrist. Has anyone repaired a wrist from a 2014 PIB that can tell me how to repair it? I sent a message to Patrick, but didn't get a response.
So did you ever cut into the wrist to see what was going on?

Phil

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The following link gives some examples of skeletons
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=131075

Cutting into the wrist is always a scary thing
If by feeling through the Silicone you can detect sharpness, then something is broken
Otherwise it may be just a loose joint

Once you are sure what the problem is, open the wrist up where you can feel the looseness or separation and post some pics
This opens solutions up from owners of other dolls if you happen to be the first with this doll

A good pair of Fiskar scissors or a really good blade for those with steady hands & good eyesight :whistle:

Tools for adjusting hinges
or
Tools for removing damaged skeleton parts

Sil-poxy for repairing the cut Silicone
The use of Permatex or RTV can be used as alternatives if you are comfortable with either of them :)

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

If the wrist damage is not too bad and you don't need it functional for posing, photos etc. I would leave it be, trying to repair something like this could cause more damage than the original problem, if you don't have the skills.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

For more than a few of us, our first doll was the one we made a lot of mistakes with and just about every type of repair has had an airing on this forum thus far

Repairing dolls for photographic purposes is the most difficult as having an ugly scar on the underside of a wrist will limit some poses
For a cuddle buddy or companion, scarring is not so bad, gives the doll character :)

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

seagull wrote:For more than a few of us, our first doll was the one we made a lot of mistakes with and just about every type of repair has had an airing on this forum thus far

Repairing dolls for photographic purposes is the most difficult as having an ugly scar on the underside of a wrist will limit some poses
For a cuddle buddy or companion, scarring is not so bad, gives the doll character :)

I've only worked with the editing parameters in IPhoto. The retouching there is quite good enabling one to eliminate seam lines and scars.

Before retouching is the first pic, after is the second.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 6.48.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 6.48.04 PM.png (697.75 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 6.57.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 6.57.17 PM.png (581.15 KiB) Viewed 218 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

That is pretty good :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS