sexyrealsexdolls.com

Repairs & Maintenance for Real Solid Candy18?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Candy8teen Dolls
Nitros85
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nitros85 »

I just recently got my Candy18 doll from itsme. It tore the first day, pretty badly :cry:
Plus the nipples and lips do not have any color to them- so they are the very pale skin color of the rest of the doll.

So here are my questions:

Has anyone repaired this doll, or a similar one?
What do you use to repair? What material? Can you provide a link perhaps?

What does one use for painting the doll, such as pink nipples instead of no-color pale, or more realistic-colored lips?

Also, what tools will I need to make said repairs or modifications? There is a some extra "skin" all around the seams of the doll I'd like to shave down or smooth out by cutting it away. I also would have liked it to not be so incredibly pale skin color, but I really don't think it's possible to modify it with a "tan" or even just a more realistic skin color, because it would require painting/coloring the entire doll, and I doubt that's a good idea.

Another question I have is I am wondering if anyone has made any modifications to this type of doll, and what mods they were? I was thinking of trying a few modifications, perhaps to make the legs moveable like the arms are, because as of now the legs cannot move or spread, which is what caused the big tears, although I did not try to force the doll to move- I wasnt harsh with it, it just tears easily.

I've never owned anything like a doll before, and I have no idea about anything to deal with repairs or mods, so ANY help is appreciated, but mainly SPECIFIC for this type of doll (or one very similar). I will try to do some research too.

I feel that repairs and modifcations are practically required for me to get my $600 worth out of this doll. The current state of it is not worth it- not at all, I was very disappointed, but I think if I mod it, fix it up, and mod to my liking, it will be worth it and I will enjoy it a lot better. The doll is okay, it's just that there's a FEW major problems that I feel can be fixed by mods, but for now I just want to know about coloring/painting the nipples/lips and how to repair first.

Thank you!

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

Nitros85
I’m sorry to hear you have had some problems with your candyeighteen! So far I have been very pleased with mine. There have been some repair threads, read through the Real Solid forum topics. The glue recommended is Aquaseal, normally used for wet suit repair. I got some off ebay. My candyeighteen Suzie tore under her arms due to my dressing her up a lot. I have not attempted the repair yet but have some thin amber urethane I plan to reinforce that area with. If a shirt don’t button I now cut the back so as not to stress the dolls armpits putting it on. The rest of Suzie has held up fine except her eyes, I think something wrong with the plastic their made of. itsme is looking in to it as soon as I send them to him. Her ass being shallow I poked through into her insert cavity. It’s not a problem I’m careful not to let “body fluids” or lube get it the inner foam I too had thought about trimming or shaving her seams might was afraid that might weaken the doll. A question for itsme. Do you have the deluxe or standard? I have the standard & often thought the rods in the deluxe might add stress to the crotch area. Mine came painted so I bet itsme can tell you what to use.

Nam

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

I would like to know what tore.????
Also what doll do you have??????

the best way to add color is to use a marker
like crayola. water base.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

aquaseal is bets to fix the doll in any spot you want to stay soft. http://www.amazon.com/Aquaseal-1-oz/dp/ ... 162&sr=1-4

any place elce krasy glue can be used

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

I'm sorry that your Candy18 broke right out of the box, Nitros85. But I still believe that itsme's dolls are still the best doll value for the money. I own one, so that's why my belief still stands.

However, my Candy18, Daphne, when I got her, had splits at both wrists and a huge split around the left ankle that goes somewhat halfway around it.

Crazy Glue (super glue) does work in a pinch, but it dries rock hard. That's what I had used on Daphne's wrist splits. But the repair also left a noticeable scar. And I may have to do that repair again. :(

On Daphne's ankle split, I used "contact cement" (a different type of super glue), but sometimes it holds, sometimes it doesn't. To hold the repair in place, I use the wrist part of a rubber glove to hold it together. I may have to do that again, also. :(

But still, Daphne's still holding up and has been giving me four months (will be four months on Monday) of enjoyment and the best doll sex that I ever had. I'm learning new things about her every time I have her out. One is like when I learned that I can make a Candy18 pout by pressing her bottom lip together, lining up the top lip to create a very sexy pouting look. (And Daphne pulled a few quick ones on me! Spoiled doll! :? )

And I had just seen this from NamRepaid:
I have the standard & often thought the rods in the deluxe might add stress to the crotch area.
Funny, I have the deluxe. The only thing wrong with her now is that she cannot stand. But she can sit pretty well (in a stiff super-relaxed position), so that's why I have some shots of Daphne at my computer, both on my old Debian box (it fried right after I ordered my new laptop), and my new laptop, running Ubuntu. I hadn't seen any stress in Daphne's crotch area...
CasperGhostboy, Daphne and Tiffany

My Doll-Friends: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10382

The best part of waking up, is Ubuntu in your cup!

Nitros85
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nitros85 »

Thank you all. These are the first two steps: Repair (Aquaseal) and color (marker). Thanks!

My main problem is the smell. At first it was so bad, it filled the room and was far too powerful to even use. I aired it out in my bathroom with good airflow going out of the room, which got rid of the overwhelming part.
But, the smell is still there when I am up close to her.

I can't review the doll positively or negatively until the smell is gone, because I think it would be an unfair review. The more days that pass, the more I see good qualities in the doll and less bad. With modifications in mind, if they work, then I can see it becoming a very good doll.

My question is

1) How long does the smell last? It seems to be fading, but I am having a very hard time enjoying it until it is gone.

2) Is there any way to get rid of the smell? Any specific thing to put on it, any specific way to air it, etc. etc.
I want to get the horrible smell of the material out completely so that it doesn't ruin the experience. I haven't tried much besides airing it out overnight.

Nitros85
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nitros85 »

itsme wrote:I would like to know what tore.????
Also what doll do you have??????

the best way to add color is to use a marker
like crayola. water base.

Although the armpit tore, that isnt a big problem and I dont really care about that, it doesnt seem to be getting worse.
What tore first was the inside of the hole in the butt. I know it is only 3" or so deep, but the left side of the deep end was very flimbsy. When I put my finger in to test it out, it seemed there was already a tiny tear in it, so the first time I used it, it went in deeper than 3", lol, but into the foam (or whatever it is)
When I moved the doll to the bathroom to air it out overnight because of the smell, one of its legs moved around, combined with the tear, and it caused the crack in the butt to tear, along with the pipe/"bone" of the leg to pierce through the left butt cheek. Moving the doll anywhere just keeps making this worse and worse as the tear gets bigger and bigger.

I plan to modify it by cutting the pipe on the leg until the pipe only goes up to the leg (not into the butt/hips), sealing back up the tears in the crack and pierced tear in the cheek, and doing "surgery" for the other leg, so that it performs more like the arms. The legs seem moveable like the arms in some directions without tearing, except for the pipe piercing.
I know this will probably make the doll unable to stand, but it can't really stand in the first place, and as a sex doll I feel the legs being moveable is more important than standing. When testing with the doll's legs after the tear, I can see where the problem with the leg pipe/"bone/skeleton" pokes out when the leg is moved a specific direction, so I believe by trimming the pipe this will solve the problem as well as make it more moveable.

But yea, the major tear is a combination of the leg pipe/bone piercing through the butt because the pipe is so hard, the butt cheek so thin and weak, and any movement will cause it to pierce, combined with the hole in the butt tearing immeditely, with the butt crack tearing completely, making for one messed up rear end, lol.

I do realize this is probably all of my fault, as I didn't understand how the legs are practically immoveable. But I was not rough with it, at least I do not think I was. It was the first day and I was only moving it around, and its own weight upon itself (laying in a specific way) is what I believe caused it to tear. The leg bending because of its own weight (not me, not me adding any resistance) was enough for the leg skeletal pipe/tube/bone to rip through the weak skin, making it go from a laying diagnally position to a more "sitting" position by itself.

I do think that in the future, it would be a very good idea to include some form of instructions with the doll. Show pictures and have paragraphs explaining what is moveable, how moveable, what directions its moveable, etc.
I find the doll can "sit" albeit an unnatural way without any hindrance because the stomach area can be bent, as are the arms moveable (but not the shoulders) but the legs can't be moved, nor should one attempt to move it, and one should be VERY careful to watch out for the leg moving by itself too much to cause the pipe piercing the skin.

Just any form of instructions helping people know the limits of the doll they receive. Otherwise it is very stressful to have to be so incredibly careful not to cause any tears, afterall, it's $600!

Also instructions to provide if the doll is or is not able to be taken into water, i.e. a shower or bath.
After a shower (to clean, also trying to get rid of the smell), because of the tiny holes throughout the doll (some on the hand seems, etc. NOT tears, just tiny holes that are like micro-tears) caused the water to seep into the inside material. I actually dont mind, as it dries up quick enough, BUT I am concerned with cleaning/hygiene, because I wouldnt want anything like mold to get inside the doll because of all of the moisture.
Instructions saying "DO NOT PUT IN WATER- NO SHOWERS" would be nice to have. Or, if it is suppose to be able to be taken into the shower, then include that in the instructions.

Without instructions to tell of what you can and can't do, you have to learn the hard way, lol.
I did not realize you had to be so incredibly careful with the doll because of its weak/thin skin and hard pipe-bone structure.
This resulted in me getting a $600 doll that tore the first day, pretty badly, as well as having moisture in it, which I hope won't be a problem.
Without instructions, people as ignorant and foolish as myself have to learn a lot of things the hard way.
I hope though that with repairs and modifications, and the smell disappearing, the doll will become worth the money. Or at least worth more than I feel it currently is.

I am not giong to review it though until I get my repairs fixed, colored lips/nipples, and the smell gone. I do not feel I can give a fair review until I have all of these things fixed, along with more time to use the doll.

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

Nitros85 wrote:
1) How long does the smell last? It seems to be fading, but I am having a very hard time enjoying it until it is gone.

2) Is there any way to get rid of the smell? Any specific thing to put on it, any specific way to air it, etc. etc.
I want to get the horrible smell of the material out completely so that it doesn't ruin the experience. I haven't tried much besides airing it out overnight.
I had the same problem with the strong urethane smell of my Taffy... the first few nights I tried sleeping with her in the bed, and both times woke up with horrible headaches from the fumes. I could even smell it through the blankets from another room! But I did find a simple solution that got rid of it completely, I don't even smell it close up now. All I did was give her a full-body sponge bath with rubbing alcohol, followed by a good coating of baby powder. Presto no more smell. :)

I don't think you should bathe her in water, these dolls aren't as waterproof as the higher end ones and you're pretty likely to end up with mold growing in the foam. If that gets too extensive you'll have a different smell to worry about, one coming from inside that you can't wash off.

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Nitros85
When did you get this doll and from where.
This sould like one of our 1st dolls.
The pipe in the Candys go up into the back not the butt.
This was change a wile back.

greywolf
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by greywolf »

Hello Nitros85

I’m sorry to here about the problems you have with your doll. I congratulate you, though, on your positive attitude about repairing and modifying her to your liking; and yes, I’m sure it will be worth it. Moreover, I’m sure there are plenty of experienced guys here on TDF who will chime in and help you do it and get it right.

Do-ability: Just like Harry and Jake’s old S18s, which I’m currently working on, itsme’s Candy 18s are a doll modifiers dream; anyone with a modicum of enthusiasm, a few household tools; and a few $s spent on materials can repair and modify them.

Materials: Get strips of soft foam 1” thick by 1” wide from upholstery store and copydex from copydex.co.uk to repair or modify the core; and get aquaseal/stormsure glue (same stuff in different tube) from aquaseal.co.uk or stormsure.co.uk respectively to stick the skin.

The 1” thick by 1” wide foam strips are cut and glued into place with the copydex just like one would when building or filling in a cavity with bricks and mortar, only a lot simpler.

Lips and nipples: Use pink or red office highlighter.

Cutting away extra "skin" all around the seams of the doll: After cutting away the extra skin make sure you reinforce the seams with a bead of aquaseal/stormsure.

I do this as standard procedure, the aquaseal/stormsure blends in nicely and it certainly looks a lot better than the surplus skin.

Modifications, current: I’m currently modifying my old S18 from a 2 hole doll to a 3 hole doll. I’m cutting a 2” hole 1” or so above the original vaginal insert hole. I can then use a fleshlight vagina insert in the new hole and a fleshlight butt insert in the original vaginal hole.

Modifications, in the pipeline: I’m eventually going to fill in my Candy18’s original vaginal insert hole and cut a new 2” one further down in an anatomically correct position. I’m also going to extend both her oral and anal tracts to 5-6” in depth. I might even fill in the original butt hole and cut out a new one closer to the new vaginal hole again in a more anatomically correct position.

I’ve already cut the bottom out of the original anal tract and pulled out some of the foam core with a pair of long nosed pliers to a depth of 5”. Temporally until I complete this mod I’m using a blanked off latex sleeve that I’ve made up out of the skin of an old french madam, and it works quite well; you can also use a femdom (female contraceptive) to same effect.

Nam

Where did you get that thin amber urethane cos I’m looking for something like that?

greywolf

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Repairs & Maintenance for Real Solid Candy18?

Post by NamRepaid »

greywolf wrote:Nam
Where did you get that thin amber urethane cos I’m looking for something like that?
greywolf
Very informative post greywolf, I might try your seam and ass deepening tricks.
I have not tried reinforcing the armpits yet, very busy at work lately. The sheet urethane came from http://www.mcmaster.com/ . We use it at work in thicker sheets to line vibratory finishing machines.

Nam

greywolf
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by greywolf »

Nitros85

How are you getting on with your repairs?

Nam

Thanks for the link its got me started looking in the right direction, there's a number of UK websites over here that look promising.

BTW I've now got a new digital camera at least a new secondhand one and I also seem to have overcome my lifelong photography blindspot thanks to being inspired by you and other fellow members (and of course, these beautifull dolls) so I'm expecting to post some good images soon.

greywolf

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Repairs & Maintenance for Real Solid Candy18?

Post by NamRepaid »

greywolf wrote:Nitros85

How are you getting on with your repairs?

Nam

Thanks for the link its got me started looking in the right direction, there's a number of UK websites over here that look promising.

BTW I've now got a new digital camera at least a new secondhand one and I also seem to have overcome my lifelong photography blindspot thanks to being inspired by you and other fellow members (and of course, these beautifull dolls) so I'm expecting to post some good images soon.

greywolf
Yes Nitros, how is it going? Haven't heard from you in a few days. I hope that's a good thing!

greywolf, digital cameras spark an addiction, a good & inexpensive one. I can't wait to see your first efforts. If you need any tips or tricks just ask.
BTW what did you get?

Nam

Nitros85
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nitros85 »

Thank you very much for the information.

Things are going bad, as I've been very busy and hadn't had time to repair or even buy whats needed to repair it.

I did do some custom work, and I sawwed off some of the pipe and it has stopped the tearing from moving it around.
I tried to completely pull out the pipe, but I wasnt able to remove it because it was still stuck to the core in the center of the leg, so I will have to do "surgery" and then seal it afterwards.
I also am thinking of anatomically correct work, where I cut the "bone" of the legs a little away from the joints, that way the doll can bend its legs and thighs, but still have some structure, especially in the feet (which flop around now that I cut off some of the pipe)

I am going to order/buy the products I need today though, because I want to repair and modify as soon as I can.

I have tried to sponge bath the doll in alcohol, the first lightly, which did little, and the second time heavily, which helped (along with more airing) but up-close there is still the smell, although nowhere near as strong. Still, it is far away from being gone completely.

It may take me awhile to get the stuff, do the work, test it, and then take pictures and write up how and what I did, but I will try to post about it eventually, I am completely fine with sharing this educational information in case anyone else needs it.

One more question though... does anyone have any ideas for the breasts? I think they are okay, but I really think they could be improved in the way they squish (as to look less like an obvious doll, and more realistic) or just in the general feel. (Perhaps being squishier/softer in the core.)
My biggest problem is that when they are squished down by body weight, they bend like the arms- creating very obvious creases in one or two areas. Seeing them squish like the arms bend, with the creases and everything, just gives the visuals of "This is a doll" instead of helping to create the illusion of a real body. Maybe reinforcing the breasts a little, without making them too firm? Maybe replacing the inside of them with an affordable alternative material? I dont know anything about any of this, so ANY ideas are welcome.

Thank you again, and I will try and keep everyone up to date when I finally get around to fixing and modifying.

Nitros85
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nitros85 »

itsme wrote:Nitros85
When did you get this doll and from where.
This sould like one of our 1st dolls.
The pipe in the Candys go up into the back not the butt.
This was change a wile back.
I bought it straight from you on this forum. We messaged each other and used paypal.
I ordered and payed it on Oct 13th, and then I received it on 10/30/07.

Did I get one of the old dolls? If I did I feel cheated. This is A LOT of money, $600, and I am really disappointed that it tore so quickly, as well as some other problems like the toenail paint dripped on the feet, created pink dots on the feet I can't remove, as well as some of the seams not being very strong, having weak spots or even tiny holes on arrival.
I was expecting better quality to be honest. To pay $600 for a doll and get pink paint dots on the feet that are permanent, the inside of the vagina and butt's interior being incredibly flimbsy (On one side of the inside that already tore on the first use, the skin is as thin as paper. No wonder it tore.)
My biggest problem is that the smell is absolutely unbearable, and after a month, IS STILL THERE. Also absolutely no instructions on the limits of the doll or advice of how to handle it.

INFORMATIONS