sexyrealsexdolls.com

Repairs & Maintenance for Real Solid Candy18?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Candy8teen Dolls
itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Nitros85 wrote:
itsme wrote:Nitros85
When did you get this doll and from where.
This sould like one of our 1st dolls.
The pipe in the Candys go up into the back not the butt.
This was change a wile back.
I bought it straight from you on this forum. We messaged each other and used paypal.
I ordered and payed it on Oct 13th, and then I received it on 10/30/07.

Did I get one of the old dolls? If I did I feel cheated. This is A LOT of money, $600, and I am really disappointed that it tore so quickly, as well as some other problems like the toenail paint dripped on the feet, created pink dots on the feet I can't remove, as well as some of the seams not being very strong, having weak spots or even tiny holes on arrival.
I was expecting better quality to be honest. To pay $600 for a doll and get pink paint dots on the feet that are permanent, the inside of the vagina and butt's interior being incredibly flimbsy (On one side of the inside that already tore on the first use, the skin is as thin as paper. No wonder it tore.)
My biggest problem is that the smell is absolutely unbearable, and after a month, IS STILL THERE. Also absolutely no instructions on the limits of the doll or advice of how to handle it.

The way the pipe is now was changed in Nov.
The skin on all the dolls are thin,
I have never had any one say they had riped the pipe out of the doll.
I cant even think of what way you can pull the doll to make that happen.
The smell will go away in time. some dont mind it.
No instructions. I have never seen a how to on a doll.
I may have to come up with one.

I know I cant please every doll buyer But I try.
If you do some quick repears on your doll you could put her up for sale.
someone will love to take her.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Nitros...

I can see that you are not exactly blissful with the doll you purchased. I tend to be "fume sensitive" myself, so, for me it is important that anything I buy be as odorless as possible.

Whenever I purchase ANY type of item, at the first hint that it is emitting chemical vapors, it goes into "isolation" until the smell drops to the, for me, undetectable level. I think in my case it was working with chemicals in industry that sensitized me to them and, unless I take precautions, any strange smell could trigger an asthma attack in me. In time, I have found that the even the worse smelling items will outgas whatever excess volatile substances they contain and become practically odorless. However, it might take several MONTHS to do this. Generally, if you can keep the item warm during the process, that will speed things up.

My RG insists on changing our shower curtains every few months to prevent mold buildup. Since I am unable to find nylon or polyethylene shower curtains locally, she usually bring home a vinyl on made in China. I then require her to open the package and hang the curtain in the garage for at least 2 to 4 weeks and, only then, can she bring it inside the house.

Also, I prefer items which are usable "right out of the box" because I prefer not to have to extensively modify anything, especially if I've paid a high price for it. It is, IMO, the MANUFACTURER'S job to make sure that the product has been carefully designed AND tested to assure that it will be usable by me, WITHOUT modification, before it is sold to me.

However, it seems that many here do not mind modifying the dolls they purchase to customize them to their own unique needs. In time, I guess one can become handy at carrying out such modifications and produce desirable results. I can imagine that it is hard to manufacture a "one size fits" all sex toy.

In any event, please do keep us informed of how you are coping with the various "start up" problems that you have encountered.

technoguy

greywolf
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by greywolf »

Nam

I got a slightly used cannon powershot A530 from a seller on Amazon for just £50.00, that's about a hundred bucks American.

Yeah and tips on how to use it will be very welcome:thumbs_up:

greywolf

Achilles
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Achilles »

Try Shoe Goo instead...its tougher and its 3 times the size of that 1 oz Aquaseal tube:
http://www.siliconedollworks.com

[img]http://m.pimpmyspace.org/07/4/1/8041f.gif[/img]

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Achilles wrote:Try Shoe Goo instead...its tougher and its 3 times the size of that 1 oz Aquaseal tube:

Great tip, Your repear work has stund me in the past.
How well you have made some Real dolls.

This tip is well appreciated,
I have been looking every where for a good glue.
That is less expenseve.

greywolf
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by greywolf »

Achilles wrote:Try Shoe Goo instead...its tougher and its 3 times the size of that 1 oz Aquaseal tube:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAR-SHOE-GOO-for- ... dZViewItem
This could be the same stuff in a different tube like the stormsure that I'm currently using and which you get more of it for your money.

greywolf

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAR-SHOE-GOO-for- ... dZViewItem

Achilles if you a tube of this stuff let me know the info on it.
if it real good Lets get it from the manufatcer.

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

Ok, I must be seriously misunderstanding something here. Someone please help set me straight on this.

Whenever I buy any kind of product, if there is a defect to it, I return it to the store for an exchange or repair. In the case of my new camera, for example, it had a focusing problem, so I returned it to the manufacturer for adjustment. Now it works great. But I didn't attempt to do any repair myself. That's not up to me to do. If you buy a new car and something on it breaks immediately due to defect, the dealer gets it repaired for you at no cost.

The very idea of requiring an owner to take delivery and immediately repair an expensive doll bought new at retail seems contrary to logic. Don't dolls have guarantees or warranties for some set period of time, post-delivery, like other products?

Buying something new at retail brings certain expectations to the buyer and certain imperatives on the part of the seller. I expect a new-in-box item to be perfect in every way, and if it's not I return it for repair or exchange it until I get one that is perfect. I am getting the strong impression that this philosophy is not being applied to these dolls.

Unless these dolls are being sold "as-is, where-is," the warranty laws of your country should kick in and force the manufacturer to take back the product and fix it themselves, not put you out for the labor time and expense, making you learn to repair something that should be their responsibility to make right.

Am I missing something here? Your insights are appreciated.

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

RainLover wrote:
Am I missing something here? Your insights are appreciated.
What you say is true about many products, but not everything. If you look at the "novelty" sex toy industry, you'll find that pretty much nothing can be returned or exchanged once it has been used. If you open the box and there is an obvious problem with your doll, you are strongly urged to contact them and return it immediately. I don't know of any manufacturer who would refuse under those circumstances. But if you use it and THEN find the problem (as usually happens), I'm sure you can see how it could be a health hazard for the manufacturer to try and repair it, and obviously they won't be able to resell it... So basically, the sexual nature of the product and the dangers of STD transmission with used sex toys make these items fundamentally different from something like a camera. Also, items sold "for novelty use only" can pretty easily get around warranty regulations that apply to other things, so the legalese approach won't really work.

Pinklady

Post by Pinklady »

I'm currently awaiting delivery of a Taffy. I'll do a complete physical with photos straight out of the box and report back here.

Pinklady

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Crazyhorse wrote:
If you open the box and there is an obvious problem with your doll, you are strongly urged to contact them and return it immediately. I don't know of any manufacturer who would refuse under those circumstances.
Has ANY TDF member ever opened the box, noted obvious cosmetic and functional defects in a doll, and then been able to return it to the manufacturer for a refund or replacement?

If so, I have never read of this happening.

technoguy

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

OK, I've done some research today on this question about returns, exchanges and repairs and I want to share some thoughts about it.

First, let's define what these dolls really are: they are anatomically correct 1:1 scale models of the human body. Their life-like build puts them into a completely different class of product from torsos, inflatables and the like. As with real partners, where sex is only one aspect of the relationship, these dolls are ACs where sex is also only one aspect to ownership. Sex is not their sole purpose.

The term "adult novelties" should only be applied to products whose sole purpose is sex. That's just not the case with the high-end dolls. Using the term as a shield for makers to hide behind to avoid all returns for repair or exchange is scandalous. Makers could easily attach stipulations to a policy that ensured their own health and safety, while giving owners an avenue of recourse for dolls that have problems.

These dolls should be manufactured to a higher standard consistent with their pricing, and the maker should stand behind their products with warranties for defects in manufacturing, which clearly, these reported problems are.

In each of the cases I've read on TDF, it was necessary for the owner to unwrap the doll and work with it a bit before the hidden defect became known, such as major skin splits and broken joints. A maker should not, at that point, be saying the equivalent of "Ha! Ha! Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)!" and leave the owner to suffer his own repair.

A reasonable time of 30 days should be permitted to ensure the good workmanship of the doll. That's a standard return/exchange policy at other places, such as Amazon. As long as the doll is returned clean, and with its original packaging, with an RMA, and subject to factory inspection, there should be no issue in exchanging it.

If, for example, an owner tested his doll's orifices with a slim glass bottle or similar item in lieu of sexual contact, that would completely avoid the health question. In addition, all the joints should be put through their full range of motion to check for structural problems with both the skin and the endoskeleton.

Normal wear and tear is an owner's responsibility. Product defects and faulty workmanship are the responsibility of the maker. That's a standard clause of consumer protection law.

Makers should hold themselves to the same or similar quality principles as embodied by the Good Manufacturing Practices law used for medical devices. And just as with medical devices, "The designation of a device as a 'custom' or 'customized' device does not confer a GMP exemption." This is an international standard codified by many governments for quality control.

For example, I have found male and female medical models of the full human body (50-67 inches tall and weighing 35-105 pounds) used for nurse training, CPR, auscultation, patient simulation, birthing, gynecology, medical procedural practice and so forth that cost between $1000 and $4000 US Dollars and variously come with a one year to lifetime manufacturers warranty. These dolls aren't necessarily built to be beautiful, but it's interesting to see what's out there.

Some of these dolls have lungs that breathe! They have a pulse! You can give your doll an injection, check her blood pressure, perform CPR, defibrillate her, intubate her, pump her stomach, or give her a colonic irrigation. 8O :P :lol:

And there's variety too: into geriatrics? There's a grandma doll that comes with sagging breasts and her own walker. 8O Like performing surgery on your dolls? You can do that with a medical simulation doll without destroying it. Comes complete with internal organs. Ok, so I know surgery and doll repair aren't quite the same thing. :roll: I was just having fun with that. :)

Most importantly, these dolls withstand repeated use in clinical, educational, and emergency medical training situations. One of the dolls I found is used in car extrication simulations and firefighter training, hauling it out of a building with the arms wrapped around the trainee's neck and dragging its feet behind it. They get a lot of handling, moving around, etc., and they can take it! Isn't that interesting. :?

These dolls have a manufacturing history dating back to 1960, so dolls with excellent structural integrity are nothing new. They are anatomically correct, and they are built to last. If they can do it, love doll makers can do it. Period. End of story.

Love doll makers are already charging up to six times the price of medical doll makers and for what: the dolls can be made for less. We are paying a premium for beauty; her insides should be just as sturdy as a medical doll that costs a fraction of the price.

Thank you for your attention. Comments?

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

To start, Pinklady My Taffy, Amy, Has had NO problems since she arrived a few months ago. You'll Love yours!
RainLover, Suzie my candyeighteen did tear slightly under the arms from dressing her in tight tee shirts, not exactly what she was made for. Now I cut the backs so as not to contort the arms. That and other accidents is the main reason why we have a repair thread. There have been defective dolls and those that broke under normal use but I think that is rarer than you might think because folks tend only to write with their problems. I don't have time now but someone needs to start a thread like "My doll that has not broke" and see how many positives we can get. They should include something about how long they have had her too.

Nam

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

To NamRepaid:
I completely agree that the repair thread serves a valuable purpose. In fact, I had suggested in a previous post that there could be some kind of Repair Matrix. It turns out that such a thing will be created at a later date when TDF goes through its next upgrade. 8)

I'm curious about the back cuts. Do you have pictures up to show this and the benefit of doing so? Thank you for your time. :)

To everyone:
I'm thankful that TDF is here to give us a place to discuss these issues and to share thoughts and ideas about how the hobby can continue to improve itself. There is always room for increased quality in every product. :D

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

RainLover wrote:To NamRepaid:
I'm curious about the back cuts. Do you have pictures up to show this and the benefit of doing so?
I'll have to do some pics soon, the dolls arms do not have the range of motion a real girl does so putting on a tee shirt over stresses the arms. I cut the tee shirt up the center of the back waist to neck slip it on her then pin it.

Nam

INFORMATIONS