sexyrealsexdolls.com

Project Jessica, a journey of heart and soul.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Candy8teen Dolls
Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Project Jessica, a journey of heart and soul.

Post by Mr-Smith »

First off I would like to say this is as much a personal journal of Jessica's recovery as it is anything else. If others find information in this thread useful then I am grateful that I'm able to help in some small measure. For any who wish to contribute; hits, tips or advise would be welcome. Second, I'd say that after two and half years of doll ownership, and several dolls later, I have found that I'm much more drawn them as "dolls" than I am to their, dare I say it, "intended use". This is my personal preference of course and Project Jessica will focus first and foremost on returning her to a beautify Doll. Lastly, I would just say that I have no experience in this sort of thing. I have never worked on dolls or with these materials and do not even have a decent space to do it in. However, I have taken inspiration form von_Shredhead's fabulous repairs on his candy8teens and robothead's amazing work on his realdoll (I'm still baffled that such a repair was even possible).

So here I am. And, here is Jessica.
001.JPG
001.JPG (486.69 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
She looks like she's been buried at the bottom of a gravel pit for gods knows how long. Still I believe, heart and soul, that she deserves a second chance.
002.JPG
002.JPG (427.86 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
Wow, was she folded up in a hide-a-bed all these years. The compression damage and distortions are very noticeable. Moving on,
003.JPG
003.JPG (316.52 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
Just a another image showing the distortion to her neck and flat left boob
004.JPG
004.JPG (315.04 KiB) Viewed 4451 times
In spite of being filthy dirty, bent, broken, ripped and torn, she seems in good spirits...

(I've many other pictures of her damaged areas which I will show later as I attempt the repairs... For now it's time for a bath).
" The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Project Jessica, a journey of heart and soul.

Post by Mr-Smith »

So now we've seen Jessica and I've made a thorough examination of her. Where to begin? A simple sponge bath does little to alleviate her deep stains (will work on that more later). Let's try to stabilize her injuries so as not to do more damage while working on her. If compression can cause this damage, well by gods then compression should be able to help fix the problem. So let's get her straightened out!
020.JPG
020.JPG (482.97 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
It's a start!
023.JPG
023.JPG (495.39 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
027.JPG
027.JPG (448.56 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
End of first night, Jessica in full traction, but need more bandages for this...
028.JPG
028.JPG (495.46 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
24hrs later, we have full compression bandages in place (still working on removing stains, my room has a faint aroma of various chemicals, should sleep well tonight. lol )
030.JPG
030.JPG (526.04 KiB) Viewed 4447 times
Time to call it a night. Rest well Jessica :)

(time to order some supplies. To be continued...)

Barbarous
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Barbarous »

Good Luck with Jessica's recovery. I am glad you rescued her and she looks better already with the bandages. Can't offer much advice, but I am sure others can.

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

Not much of an update and no pics of Jessica to show today. Jessica has been with me for one week now. She is still in wraps. My hope is that I can reshape her enter foam core and give it a new "memory" by keeping it under compression for an extended period of time. I have no idea how long this will take so for now she remains bound-up 8) .

Still looking for ways to remove the staining from her "skin". I have tried most household cleaners, acetone, and mineral spirits. Her skin seems to be very resilient as I've stepped up to the harsher chemicals. These have lessened the stains but not removed them entirely. She also still has a fairly strong order of mildew which I'm hoping fades with time. She has a lot of exposed foam areas so I will be double checking that these areas are clean and mold-free before gluing her up.

I did order some supplies for the more serious repairs today. Mostly these have been tried and tested by other TDF members.

TAP Premium Liquid Latex Rubber (pint):
tap.jpg
tap.jpg (6.13 KiB) Viewed 4366 times
URE-BOND® II Urethane Adhesive & EZ~Mix® 40 - One To One Liquid Brushable Urethane Rubber (both in pint sizes).
Plastic-Pint-A---Plastic-Pi.JPG
Plastic-Pint-A---Plastic-Pi.JPG (86.21 KiB) Viewed 4366 times
All-in-all, probably about $150 in mats with shipping cost (I think she's worth it :razz: )

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Howdy Mr Smith!! Just found Jessica's repair thread ... SWEET!!! I really like the "traction" idea for reshaping/remolding her body line ... I REALLY hope that it works out!!! She looks really good with the compression bandages applied ... like she has a new lease on life! Did Mike/itsme ever find a set of teeth for her? I know when Skillz was selling her, that Mike or itsme was going to attempt to find a set of teeth for her. Don't know what the end result was from that conversation.

So how are the Smith girls taking to their new "sister"? I hope they are nice to her.

Well Mr Smith ...I wish you much luck and good karma in restoring Jessica back to new-ish condition. She will make an awesome addition to your family!

Cheers,
Von and the girls
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

von_Shredhead wrote:Howdy Mr Smith!! Just found Jessica's repair thread ... SWEET!!! I really like the "traction" idea for reshaping/remolding her body line ... I REALLY hope that it works out!!! She looks really good with the compression bandages applied ... like she has a new lease on life! Did Mike/itsme ever find a set of teeth for her? I know when Skillz was selling her, that Mike or itsme was going to attempt to find a set of teeth for her. Don't know what the end result was from that conversation.

So how are the Smith girls taking to their new "sister"? I hope they are nice to her.

Well Mr Smith ...I wish you much luck and good karma in restoring Jessica back to new-ish condition. She will make an awesome addition to your family!

Cheers,
Von and the girls
Hi Von,
Smith girls are smitten with Jessica. They all want her happy and healthy, as do I! I don't know about the "traction" idea for reshaping/remolding her body line... you can really see her distortions, bent right arm, crooked neck, and deep crease her back, in some of the pictures above. I am guessing this is from being bent-up in storage for a long period of time. I do know that foam will hold a certain shape if under compression for long periods as is evident by her deformities. My hope is that I can reshape her core with a new "memory". If this doesn't work then I will look at more advance options (possibly adding some internal supports).

My other short term goal is getting her clean which is presenting a challenge (no wire bushes here :lol: ).

Next I've got a lot of gluing up to do (lucky I have your guide from Abby repair :thumbs_up: ). Left arm is nearly detached from her body. Her other wounds are really pretty superficial, split seams, etc., that do not extend into the foam core so should be much easier to repair. Supplies are on their way.

Then there is the boob job. She has gel boobs which are nice and soft, but need some added volume. I haven't really thought this through yet, maybe some kind of injection material, or a small incision below the breast to add some "stuffing".... not sure what that's going to be, any ideas come to mind?

She'll get eye upgrade, new wig, and new teeth. I haven't contacted Mike to see if I can get the teeth yet, but will do. If not I do have some other ideas for that as well. This is a slow project. Not really in a hurry or anything. I want to get her as right as I can. I will add updates as I can to this thread. As I said I really want it to be a journal of Jessica's recovery and hope others can find useful information here or contribute ideas to this tread. There are not a lot of C8T repair threads, yours aside, and I figure Jessica's road to recovery may help other dolls and their owners.

Thanks for the good wishes and good karma. I know Jessica appreciates it.

Tell the Von Bunch "Hi" for me and the girls.

Candy8teen
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Candy8teen »

Hope you get back in shape. I will look for some teeth for her I seen some around. Jessica looks so nice with her teeth in.

Mike

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Glad the girls have welcomed her without any troubles ... I know Lily can be a handful. :wink:
Mr-Smith wrote:My hope is that I can reshape her core with a new "memory"
This might work out if you give it enough time. When 'Tator first was unpacked, she was totally crunched up in the corner of her shipping box ... she was quite misshapen and extremely lumpy. I let her 'relax' in a totally prone position ... using Narcissus' storage tips. She has gradually 'straightened out' over the months that I've had her. She still has air pockets and empty bubbles of missing foam, but those are hidden pretty well when she is dressed. She's rather shy about being naked. :lol:

I hope that being wrapped like Jessica is will reshape her main core foam. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I don't think you will have any issues or trouble spots with re-gluing her arm ... the latex trick has so far proven to be durable. The split seams and minor tears will be easy-peasy. Probably already have done these repairs numerous times. :roll: :lol:

Boobs?? I have no clue on gel boob repairs ... maybe contact itsme through Mike and see if he can guide you??? I don't really know. :(
Mr-Smith wrote:She'll get eye upgrade, new wig, and new teeth. I haven't contacted Mike to see if I can get the teeth yet, but will do. If not I do have some other ideas for that as well. This is a slow project. Not really in a hurry or anything. I want to get her as right as I can. I will add updates as I can to this thread. As I said I really want it to be a journal of Jessica's recovery and hope others can find useful information here or contribute ideas to this tread. There are not a lot of C8T repair threads, yours aside, and I figure Jessica's road to recovery may help other dolls and their owners.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I look forward to Jessica's recovery journal! She'll be AWESOME! :angel:

The girls say "Hi Jessica! We send our best wishes for your recovery." Roxy misses Lily somethin' fierce ... she wants to chat with her soooooooo bad. I think she has some gossip she wants to share with her best pen-pal. :whistle:
:glou:
Cheers,
Von

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

Candy8teen wrote:Hope you get back in shape. I will look for some teeth for her I seen some around. Jessica looks so nice with her teeth in.

Mike
Hi Mike thanks for checking on the teeth. You happen to find a set laying around let me know. I gladly pay for them. I do think Jessica is a unique and beautiful doll. Hope Skillz doesn't mind if I re-post one of his pictures of Jessica in her heyday. Not expecting to get her back to new, but this is a great shot.
New_Face1.jpg
New_Face1.jpg (183.98 KiB) Viewed 4308 times

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Very pretty doll ... I wish you the best Mr Smith! The Von Troupe sends their Good Luck wishes, too!
:glou:
Cheers,
Von

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Hay Mr Smith, Congrats on your new project!!! :glou: :glou: :glou: I am so glad that Skillz's Jessica has ended up in capable hands :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I almost went for her myself but I have too many projects on the go already.
She is much better off with you. Jessica's face has always been one of my favorites, because she reminds me of Veronica Lodge.

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Joe Bin wrote: because she reminds me of Veronica Lodge.
Ahhhhhhh yessssssss ... Thank you Joe!! I had a faint feeling of recognition but could not for the life of me figure out "who" she reminded me of. (please, oh grammar nazi, forgive me for ending a sentence with a preposition - LOL)
Cheers,
Von

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

Quick update on Jessica. This is my first attempt at gluing up one of her minor injuries. This one was essentially just a split seam. Although it looks bad there was no damage to the inter foam other than it had peeled away from the skin. I learned a bit about the materials I'm working with and feel that I can move on to some of her major injuries/repairs after this (still lots of little areas to fix as well)... Not perfect by any means, but considering where we started I don't think it is too bad :?
Right ankle seam split, tear, and skin peel.
Right ankle seam split, tear, and skin peel.
before1.jpg (322.76 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Right ankle after glue-up.
Right ankle after glue-up.
after1.jpg (241.42 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Right foot seam split and missing big toe.
Right foot seam split and missing big toe.
before2.jpg (246.95 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Right foot after gluing seam, trimming and covering big toe (w/liquid latex).
Right foot after gluing seam, trimming and covering big toe (w/liquid latex).
after2.jpg (267.4 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
Still looking for a way to clean her skin better. I've washed the repair areas multiple times with Acetone and not much change. The dirt and grim is in the very pores of her urethane skin and anything I've tried has had little effect in removing it. Acetone will clean the surface but won't "lift" the staining from her porous skin.

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

von_Shredhead wrote:
Joe Bin wrote: because she reminds me of Veronica Lodge.
Ahhhhhhh yessssssss ... Thank you Joe!! I had a faint feeling of recognition but could not for the life of me figure out "who" she reminded me of. (please, oh grammar nazi, forgive me for ending a sentence with a preposition - LOL)
Cheers,
Von
Joe Bin, I had to look that one up. For the life of me I couldn't place her name. I do remember having a few Archie comics as a kid. I'm quite sure I squeezed one or two out for Veronica :twisted: . If only I hadn't decided to keep her name Jessica, but she might have just picked up a new nickname :wink:
1326995-veronica_lodge1_super.jpg
1326995-veronica_lodge1_super.jpg (75.44 KiB) Viewed 4155 times

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Nice glue-up job Mr. Smith!! Excellent idea on the quik-fix on the toe, too! I did that on 'Tator's injection ports after trimming 'em pretty flush ... not a good idea BTW ... doll had no where for the air to escape when squeezed ... skin pulls from the foam ... Oops.

I wish I knew of a way to remove these stains ... you have tried every method I have and have had the same results. TIP : DO NOT use bleach ... I tried this and the bleach grabbed every little bit of iron in my water and stained the skin something terrible ... have all kinds of dark, rusty stripes where the bleach/water/soap solution was used. Cannot get 'em out.

I wonder what would happen if one were to place the doll in direct sunlight ... like give her a "tanning session" so to speak ... if it would be even or end up blotchy? Mike/Ron??

Well Mr Smith, Project Jessica is getting off to a great start! May she live long and prosper!

Cheers,
Von

INFORMATIONS