sexyrealsexdolls.com

Project Jessica, a journey of heart and soul.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to Candy8teen Dolls
Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Project Jessica, a journey of heart and soul.

Post by Mr-Smith »

von_Shredhead wrote:Nice glue-up job Mr. Smith!! Excellent idea on the quik-fix on the toe, too! I did that on 'Tator's injection ports after trimming 'em pretty flush ... not a good idea BTW ... doll had no where for the air to escape when squeezed ... skin pulls from the foam ... Oops.

I wish I knew of a way to remove these stains ... you have tried every method I have and have had the same results. TIP : DO NOT use bleach ... I tried this and the bleach grabbed every little bit of iron in my water and stained the skin something terrible ... have all kinds of dark, rusty stripes where the bleach/water/soap solution was used. Cannot get 'em out.

I wonder what would happen if one were to place the doll in direct sunlight ... like give her a "tanning session" so to speak ... if it would be even or end up blotchy? Mike/Ron??

Well Mr Smith, Project Jessica is getting off to a great start! May she live long and prosper!

Cheers,
Von
Thanks Von,

I'm not entirely happy with the quick-fix on her toe. The reconstruction is actually pretty poor, but at least the foam in covered for now. This is likely to be a temporary measure until I can come up with something better.

As far as cleaning her I have come to the conclusion that she may never really be clean :( . I have not tried bleach directly but have tried some household cleaners with bleach alternative. Didn't help. Anyway, the grime is sort of ground into the skin, I doubt that there is anyway I'll every get it all so will just keep doing the best I can.
" The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long..."

CyberLovedoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CyberLovedoll »

von_Shredhead wrote: I wonder what would happen if one were to place the doll in direct sunlight ... like give her a "tanning session" so to speak ... if it would be even or end up blotchy? Mike/Ron??
Mike may know better then me, but I think a fairly even tan may happen if it is filtered sunlight like threw a window. However I do not know how it would work on an older doll that is already faded and stained.

At least It looks like Jessica is in very good care with you Mr Smith. It will be nice to see her restoration progress.

Ron

Buffy Summers
Doll
Doll

Post by Buffy Summers »

CyberLovedoll wrote:
von_Shredhead wrote: I wonder what would happen if one were to place the doll in direct sunlight ... like give her a "tanning session" so to speak ... if it would be even or end up blotchy? Mike/Ron??
Mike may know better then me, but I think a fairly even tan may happen if it is filtered sunlight like threw a window. However I do not know how it would work on an older doll that is already faded and stained.

At least It looks like Jessica is in very good care with you Mr Smith. It will be nice to see her restoration progress.

Ron
Here is a link to some advice that was given by Itsme on that matter some time ago: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 26#p438226
"Into every generation a slayer is born: one girl in all the world, a chosen one. She alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their number. She is the Slayer."
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 34&t=40240

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Thanks Buffy! Now I gotta wait for the damn sun to return! Snowin' like a mother trucker right now!!!
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

CyberLovedoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CyberLovedoll »

Buffy Summers wrote:
CyberLovedoll wrote:

Ron
Here is a link to some advice that was given by Itsme on that matter some time ago: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 26#p438226
Thank you Buffy, I was thinking about that thread too, but you found it first.

Ron

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

OK so it's been a while since I did an update on Project Jessica and figure it was time. Most all Jessica's major surgeries have been complete to the best of my ability. I glued up her r. foot and ankle which were it quite bad condition. Re-attached/glued up both underarms (one was nearly fully separated from the shoulder). Did some misc seam repairs and cleaned her as best I can. Still cannot get rid of all the staining and mildew smell (maybe it will go away with time). Surely there is more to be done but she is in stable condition now and chillaxing with the other girls. (Honestly I've just not been that into her :( , but will continue to provide her with a loving and supportive environment :D ).

Anyway, here are a couple of quick snaps of Jessica (in borrowed wig & borrowed clothes). Make-up is still not done and still no teeth. But, she looks happy :P.
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (379.73 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
006.JPG
006.JPG (352.48 KiB) Viewed 2105 times

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

Good work MR. Smith. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: She certainly does look happy now.
I am curious what glue you are using? And haw well is it working?

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

Joe Bin wrote:Good work MR. Smith. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: She certainly does look happy now.
I am curious what glue you are using? And haw well is it working?
Thanks Joe Bin, she does have a cute smile :)

I used Von's method for repairs (which is laid out in his Abby thread).

1. use TAP Premium Liquid Latex Rubber as a binder on the in foam core. It sort of soaks into the foam and all the little pores then when joined together creates a strong bond between any ripped foam parts. This was great especially in the underarm area where the foam between arm and shoulder was nearly ripped clean through. Good thing with this is it remains very flexible so you won't even notice that there was internal damage once the outer skin in glued shut.
2. use crazy glue/super glue to stitch the outer "cut" together. Sort of butt joint the two edges of the torn "skin" together. However, be very sparing with this as it will dry very "crunchy". Just use very small dabs like sutures to close the "cut".
3. use URE-BOND® II Urethane Adhesive (parts A & B) over the "stitched up" seams to finish the repair and reinforce area (I was actually able to just skip the crazy glue altogether and just use the Ure-bond for small seam repairs, etc). So far so good. I'm actually liking the Ure-Bond better than the Aquaseal thus far. However, even the trial sizes (pints) are way more than I'll ever need for doll repairs as it only takes a small amount for patches. It does have a shinny finish when dry, but maintains a good deal of flexibility when cured.

I think Von was working on some attempts to dull the finish and may have some more insights as to how this has held up with Abby as I believe her repair was in a high stress area and Jessica so far has just been lounging about... although I have been able to lift, move, bend, her arms in order to put clothes on her with no problems, the underarm repairs seem to be holding up quite well.

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Hi Mr. Smith!
Jessica is looking very nice!! What an improvement buddy ... she's looking sooooo much happier now! I am sooo glad everything worked out with her repairs!
Mr-Smith wrote:I think Von was working on some attempts to dull the finish and may have some more insights as to how this has held up with Abby as I believe her repair was in a high stress area
I was able to reduce the shiny factor by dusting the UreBond with baby powder and gently (very) "massaging" the powder into the UreBond before it set/started curing. I have noticed that over time, the UreBond has darkened a bit and does not completely match Abby's skin tone any longer (and noticed this on Roxy's seam repair, too).

AND Abby's repair IS STILL HOLDING!! Have not had to do any followup repair work and she has been "tested" rather vigorously with no pampering at all!!

I don't think you will have any issues with Jessica's arm repair .. it may be tougher/stronger than ever before! Just don't go swinging her by her arm and you'll be OK! LOL!!

So is Jessica almost ready to make her TDF "debut" yet? She looks like she's just about ready! Such a lil cutey!!

Oh yeah ... Roxy's been missin' Lily somethin' fierce! She's been hangin' and chattin' with her Taffy friends, but dearly misses Lily's company! She says to tell Lily "Hi" for her!

Well Mr. Smith, Jessica's progress looks very nice ... keep it up and best wishes from me and the girls!

Cheers,
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Mr-Smith
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr-Smith »

von_Shredhead wrote:Hi Mr. Smith!
Jessica is looking very nice!! What an improvement buddy ... she's looking sooooo much happier now! I am sooo glad everything worked out with her repairs!

So is Jessica almost ready to make her TDF "debut" yet? She looks like she's just about ready! Such a lil cutey!!

Cheers,
Von
Thanks Von, I have to admit she was more of a "rescue" doll than anything and we haven't really bonded that much. But, she really is cutey and there are so few Jessica's about how can I help but love her?! I think that Jessica may make an appearance in the regular forums before too long :) ...

m.smith

CyberLovedoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by CyberLovedoll »

She is looking good now Mr.Smith :glou: :glou: Good job!! :thumbs_up:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Just dropping by to give a friendly bump. Nice job. Thanks for the pics and this repair thread.
Aeedome job
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS