sexyrealsexdolls.com

Flex Seal: Good or Bad TPE/Silicone Barrier?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed Silicone Dolls
Aliel The Heretic
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Flex Seal: Good or Bad TPE/Silicone Barrier?

Post by Aliel The Heretic »

I have a 148cm Zelex anime doll made of silicone, but the doll body design is flawed in that if you choose the insert type vagina, and the legs are open, the inserts just pops out. So I was looking around for a way to fix this issue, and I came across the lovedolls.com Large Labia Vagina Inserts. They will fit the doll, and because of the outside labia I'm not going to have the extremely bad "gaping hole" issue with the doll.

However there is a problem. The insert is TPE while the doll is silicone. As we all know, platinum grade silicone degrades and is eventually destroyed by contacting the oils from TPE. This is why in other threads on this forum, users have stated that they have successfully used non-platinum silicone sealant to create effective barriers between the 2 materials to make them long term compatible. I've heard them use different materials, including flowable silicone windshield sealant (which seems to be the favorite so far. However for covering large surface areas such as every point of contact on an insert (except for the vagina cavity), this seems tedious and not too cost effective.
So I had this idea of using clear drying flex seal as a barrier between the TPE insert and the silicone doll. FS is an RTV (room-temperature-vulcanizing) silicone.

My question is, does anyone have any experience or knowledge :evidence: of using RTV silicone on TPE materials? Because I'm in uncharted waters here.
Attachments
L1_569bd21c-879a-4a60-8fe3-eaaf0210875b_1024x1024@2x.jpg
L1_569bd21c-879a-4a60-8fe3-eaaf0210875b_1024x1024@2x.jpg (33.29 KiB) Viewed 158 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Flex Seal: Good or Bad TPE/Silicone Barrier?

Post by seagull »

I've used RTV to make a temporary plug in a TPE doll for a month or so, came out with quite an oily feel to it but no obvious damage to the doll
For the purpose you have in mind, probably worth a try but I'd be monitoring it carefully :thumbs_up:

Aliel The Heretic
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Flex Seal: Good or Bad TPE/Silicone Barrier?

Post by Aliel The Heretic »

Interesting. Seems like it doesn't bond to TPE properly, but doesn't harm it either. Thanks that helps out a bunch.

INFORMATIONS