Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Waterproof?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Tengu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Waterproof?

Post by Tengu »

With the new neck-bolt attachment on the Realdolls, are they still considered waterproof? If you were to bathe a doll and get water into the attachment point, would this effect anything internally such as the skeleton, or is it sealed around this point? Thanks.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Waterproof?

Post by Jerry »

I have said this at least 30 times on this forum... but I guess I'll say it again.

1) The joints are made of steel, not stainless steel... just mild steel.

2) Steel rusts when wet.

3) When a doll is submerged water is forced in under the slight pressure due to the height of the water. (depth)

4) The water migrates through the hollow skeleton to the base... what's at the base? Steel joints.

5) The body is basically a semi-sealed system so it is trapped with some air.

6) Air + Steel + Water = RUST

Do I really need to say it again?
Jerry [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Synobyte07
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Waterproof?

Post by Synobyte07 »

WOW ! Jerry!

Your're about a Nine on the tension scale ain't ya ? (paraphrase from "The Burbs" movie)

I believe this post out did the one when that fella was trying to cut/paste that URL for the Superbabe make-up session.

I guess that two hours of sleep per night doesn't help after all!

So...is like steel a metal or something? [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img]

Just kidding !

etybonys [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_tongue.gif[/img]

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Waterproof?

Post by Bill »

Never submerge your Realdoll in water. Water finds a way to get in somehow. I've seen it many times.
Bathe her with a sponge.

Tengu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Waterproof?

Post by Tengu »

I was just curious because I have seen pictures of Realdolls in bath tubs. I have also heard of people soaking their Realdolls in hot water to warm them up.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Waterproof?

Post by Jerry »

And then... you never hear from them again.

Tense... yeah... guess I should take my medicine. If not I get bitchy. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Jerry

TheEvolutionaryScientist

Waterproof?

Post by TheEvolutionaryScientist »

Here's a bit of fuel...But surely if body 6 and 7 are molded all in one (up to neck or bolt-hole if you've got one). Then you can fairly safely place your doll in a hot tub (maybe with a seat?) Especially if you don't have the neck bolt. Yes? No?

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Waterproof?

Post by Bill »

NO! The water will find a way to get in when she is submerged. Maybe it is condensation from the temperature change but I have found moisture and rust in a joint that needed repair. Don't risk it.

TheEvolutionaryScientist

Waterproof?

Post by TheEvolutionaryScientist »

Oh damn! I'd really want to play with my doll in the tub. [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

guy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Waterproof?

Post by guy »

Put her in a Giant Zip-lock bag...
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist...teehee [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Guy

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Waterproof?

Post by Wolverine »

Zip locks are freezer safe also, for that fun in the snow! Image

Nada

Waterproof?

Post by Nada »

... Ok... Ok... It sounds like WE are getting a little DESPERATE here, with Zippy Locks and all that...

(Next thing you know,,, we will be Talking about SPECIAL "Dry" Wet-Suits for (SLD)s.) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So,,, how,,, about,,, a fairly inexpensive "Water Getter" for "After Aqua" (SLD) activities???

Alcohol is fairly cheap and if used carefully, with some proper and VERY required drainage and evaporation openings,,, MIGHT just FIT the Bill... (Sorry BillToo) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Obtw, it worked WONDERs in my "Display Only" Latex Lady and bled right-through her "skin", quite naturally... (See LLD for more details.)

... Nada ...
(Now,,, it is BACK,,, to them, there, Shadows... ) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Oops... Almost forgot... How's the HoneyMoon with Tia,,, WOLVERINE !!!

Wolverine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Waterproof?

Post by Wolverine »

DAMN Awesome ! My friend!! Image and How The Hell you been Doin' ?? Image Image

Nada

Waterproof?

Post by Nada »

Sounds MOST EXCELLENT,,, Wolf Man !!!

... Me ??? I am peachy KEEN and looking forward to some unusual HVG Doll Experimments... She is going to be a Foam Brick or some VERY EXPENSIVE goo or hopefully, Near PERFECT !!!

... Nada ...
(OBTW, during cards,,, my best friends LOVE dreaming and talking about "our" Latex Lady that I have named "Jeanie"... She is, mentally, dressed and un-dressed, by them, about a dozen or so times, each and ever evening.)

So,,, do you want to get the "Doll Word", OUT??? Simply,,, show an untouched one,,, OFF... [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*** Also Folks,,, with that "Alcohol Water Getter" idea, above,,, you can get a VERY INTERESTING "Pomader Effect" by adding your favorite perfume, Whiskey or Scotch, even. *** (I have not drank since 1990,,, but I still enjoy the aroma of a fine Blend.) [img]modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

INFORMATIONS