yldoll.com

new Viola doll

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: new Viola doll

Post by Samurai »

Im in the same boat and i am in the UK. Customs are inspecting the package. Looks like i am about to get a large customs bill. :evil:

oneatatime
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oneatatime »

Hang in there Sam, she's worth the wait. Typical girl, keeps you waiting. :) :)

Cheers

Legman-62

Post by Legman-62 »

I can't wait for the customs bill either. I've bben tracking her and seems she hit within 40 miles of where I live then moved on to Anchorage Alaska then Memphis Tennessee. Now she's here again in Vancouver. How does the shipping company make money moving her all around like that? Guess I'm impatient is all. Hee hee. Hope your friend makes it to you soon Sam.

YL Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by YL Doll »

Legman-62 wrote:I can't wait for the customs bill either. I've bben tracking her and seems she hit within 40 miles of where I live then moved on to Anchorage Alaska then Memphis Tennessee. Now she's here again in Vancouver. How does the shipping company make money moving her all around like that? Guess I'm impatient is all. Hee hee. Hope your friend makes it to you soon Sam.
Shipping companies, custom, banks and stuff like it... Let's say I am not a big fan of them ;) Always irritate me... They don't make any sense sometimes.

Let us know once she arrives!

Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Samurai »

Thanks for the support guys. :thumbs_up:

Its ironic realy, Eric contacted me to say Fed Ex wanted the true valule for customs declaration which would mean i would pay the FULL customs and Tax value, so a second option was avaliable.

Send with a different courier, It would cost a few bucks more but over all i would save a few bucks. (In theory)

So i opted for DHL and thats where the problems begain.

They took 2 days after getting tracking number before picking her up from the factory, shortly after i recived a telephone call from DHL informing me there was a tax to be paid, but it was a small amount £23 which i did not mind. So in the early hours of Monday she arrived in the UK and HAD "CLEARED CUSTOMES"

Tuesday "On Hold"

Wednesday "On Hold"

Thursday & Today "The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection. " "The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary. "

I contacted DHL and was told the only info they had was that above. And if any proplems they would call me, Customs can "Hold" goods for up to 30 days then either release or send back to the sender.

Honstly it has taken the Shine off the whole experience :( and the excitment has gone only to be replaced with frustration and anger :evil:

Its the not knowing whats going on, thats the problem,

Will i get the doll ?
Will she be sent back ?
Will she be seized
How much is the ransom for her release.
Will she be damaged?

But most importantly

Will i get her home for Christmass.????????????????

Ah i think i will just get :drinking: and ogle the dolls that have found a safe home. :mrgreen:

Sam... 8)

jarhead
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jarhead »

Samurai, I really feel for you. My doll (another make) made it Ok through customs, but I was shocked at the value the shipper put on the proforma invoice, $50 dollars and a description of "Plastic toys for play"??? such a low value for an item that had a ship weight of 40lbs and a box size of 44" x 16" x 9". How can customs not question an import that cost only $1.25 per pound retail made presumably with hydrocarbons (plastic toys) and be safe to play with???

On my next purchase, I will ask that the value be set to around $495.00. For that I will have to pay tax on top of the brokerage fees but I will have peace of mind if they drag me in on a random custom inspection.

Nicefellow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nicefellow »

Just curious. Does everyone having these same difficulties with the international shipping of the dolls, or are these isolated cases? Like you said Samurai, this would definitely detract from the excitement.

Legman-62

Post by Legman-62 »

Interesting how the customs and shipping works. Not that it makes sense but I guess they want us guessing. All in all I hope you get your item very soon Samurai.

Jarhead, I think your right about the set value. to be safe if there's questions. Glad the shipper was wroking for you though.

Legman-62

Re: new Viola doll she's HERE!

Post by Legman-62 »

Got her today! Wow! Ordered her last Friday night and at 2 pm she was at home. My first doll and I'm impressed. Thank you, thank you, thank you Eric.

Scared me a bit at how real she feels. Eyes, eye lashes, toes, fingers. Everything. Holy smokes. Once I get some nice clothes for her I'll take pics and do a thorough review.

I can't figure how the wig goes on tho. There's a elastic that goes around half of the wig then it's free with two catches? Maybe I'm too excited to figure it out!

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

Quit shaking and undress! Now reenact the Lt. Decker Vger scene! Then do the wig!
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

Legman-62

Post by Legman-62 »

Lmao! Ok, I'll do it.

YL Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by YL Doll »

Samurai wrote:Thanks for the support guys. :thumbs_up:

Its ironic realy, Eric contacted me to say Fed Ex wanted the true valule for customs declaration which would mean i would pay the FULL customs and Tax value, so a second option was avaliable.

Send with a different courier, It would cost a few bucks more but over all i would save a few bucks. (In theory)

So i opted for DHL and thats where the problems begain.

They took 2 days after getting tracking number before picking her up from the factory, shortly after i recived a telephone call from DHL informing me there was a tax to be paid, but it was a small amount £23 which i did not mind. So in the early hours of Monday she arrived in the UK and HAD "CLEARED CUSTOMES"

Tuesday "On Hold"

Wednesday "On Hold"

Thursday & Today "The shipment is pending completion of customs inspection. " "The status will be updated following customs inspection. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer if additional requirements are necessary. "

I contacted DHL and was told the only info they had was that above. And if any proplems they would call me, Customs can "Hold" goods for up to 30 days then either release or send back to the sender.

Honstly it has taken the Shine off the whole experience :( and the excitment has gone only to be replaced with frustration and anger :evil:

Its the not knowing whats going on, thats the problem,

Will i get the doll ?
Will she be sent back ?
Will she be seized
How much is the ransom for her release.
Will she be damaged?

But most importantly

Will i get her home for Christmass.????????????????

Ah i think i will just get :drinking: and ogle the dolls that have found a safe home. :mrgreen:

Sam... 8)
Sam, we have contacted shipping agent and were told that DHL is helping to deal with customs. They will contact you once there is update. We truly understand your frustration and anger. :( same our side..if you need any help, please contact us.
Eric

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

:haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:

uhh..

:haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4: :haha4:
;-P( | )q-;

Legman-62

Post by Legman-62 »

Hang in there buddy!

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

I was laughing at the other post, not the Samurai customs thing..sorry..

I can't wait for pictures of this doll!!

Congratulations!!
;-P( | )q-;

INFORMATIONS