yldoll.com

YL148 First Doll - First Impressions

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Synth
Active Poster
Active Poster

YL148 First Doll - First Impressions

Post by Synth »

Wow. Guys. (n gals)

After waking up from what I can only describe as a corn starch, liquid-based lube, energy drink and tpe fume haze of the past 2 days... I am completely blown away. There is SO much to say about her, and I thought some of my impressions could help other prospective doll admirers. I have had two extremely fun, yet frustrating nights with this gal. (More on that later) I don't usually spend my time writing a post this long for a forum, but the way I feel right now is like screaming pure exuberance from a mountaintop.

THE FUN

First, I have to give Jeff at Booty Call Dolls a mention because of his excellent customer service and professionalism. He was patient with answering my million questions, and made the entire process essentially painless. While he doesn't have the flashiest website, his attention to detail with my order was outstanding. He really eased my anxiety about the decision and helped me figure out what would suit me. Without his advice I'd probably still be on the fence, or purchasing something I'd be disappointed with. Thank you, Jeff.

Secondly, Eric and the team at YL have created a stunning work of art with these dolls. I have noticed a lot of things that don't necessarily come across in photos that truly add to the experience and take the immersion to a whole other level. Her skin feels so silky smooth with a little powder. It's almost supple enough to trick my brain, and I could powder massage her body all day every day If I had the chance, as she is an absolute treat in my hands. All of the interest points along her beautiful curves serve a function beyond exciting my eyes. Her collarbones, neck, pelvis, lower back and stomach all have thoughtfully placed indentations perfect for gripping or supporting her. Her breasts and thighs are soft enough to glide between, offering unbelievable teasing play. (as good as real)

Her weight is awesome. Ideally, maybe she would be just 5-10 pounds lighter, but I think this is a great balance between ease of moving her and using her pressure to my advantage. The learning curve with her doesn't really seem too bad, either. This forum is simply amazing for sharing experiences, and I must say so far I have definitely been blessed with all of your tips, tricks and suggestions.

THE FRUSTRATING

Here are some things I thought were initially very awkward that killed the immersion for me. However, I'm quickly realizing that a lot of these are easily remedied just by experimenting and practicing with her.

I had a hell of a time penetrating her on the first night. I think it was partially that some of the lube I have wasn't the greatest, but also she is TIGHT. I mean crazy tight. I'm probably slightly above average size, nothing more. I have an insert doll and I'm so thankful I went that way due to ease of cleanup and also interchangeability. However, with the factory insert I found it nearly impossible to stay inside her even with her legs spread all the way apart. Knowing that her legs will wear more quickly that way, I wasn't too excited if that was the only way I could fit in there at all. However, being an industrious one, I'd planned on doing some trial and error with several fleshlight inserts just in case. Something about the texture and size of the stock insert was just too scratchy and rubbery for me. Even with it inserted per George's video, there was no way I could stay in there to actually build any momentum. Luckily for me, between her blowjobs, her ample breasts, and her silky smooth thigh gap, she certainly rewarded me many times for all of my efforts.

On the first night, I was so worried about damaging her as well. So anytime I bumped her neck, fingers, or feet on anything it really took me out of the moment. Her joints were so stiff from the factory that moving her around was a ton of work. I'm quite fit and in my early 30's, but I was sweating buckets. The dehydration the next morning was real, folks. She completely wore me out but somehow I woke up happy after a short nap...

This is no surprise on the forum, but her oral cavity has some practical issues. Her mouth and "throat" feel very nicely textured and of course I love the sounds that she makes trying to take me all the way in. It feels really good, which is why this is a bit of a choice to make whether to use it often. The design would ideally have a way to remove the end of the insert for cleaning. As it is now, the detailed texture in there will make it much more difficult to clean. Even flushing water, diluted soap and a small towel in there probably will not cut it. I know this because I have some fleshlight inserts that do not get completely clean without flipping them inside out and flushing every rib and cranny. Also, her face is very, very pretty. Stunningly pretty you guys. With a little bit of mood lighting her eyes really sparkle and her skin glows, and that really adds to the realism and the immersion. This immersion is ruined when you're about to pop her eyeballs out of her skull, so maybe I can get her a nice blindfold...

If I have her sit on me the feeling of her weight squishing me into her is amazing, but the design of her skeleton definitely creates two pressure points in her hips that really smash into my pelvis the wrong way most of the time. This feels a little unrealistic, but I don't see how it could be improved very much with the current generation of dolls. I think the first manufacturer to re-think and re-design this will REALLY be onto something. I don't have any experience with Ruby13 but I'd imagine that this is one of her best points? Perhaps?

Her initial smell. Wow. She absolutely reeked. I mean, I went to work the next day after a shower and I smelled so strongly of her for the next 6 hours at least. I don't think it's a smell anyone would really recognize but it was gross. When I came home for lunch I was pleasantly surprised that after airing out for a day she wasn't quite as bad. Then I started moving and playing with her again and BAM. Wow she is so stinky again. I think she's certainly getting better, though I've been spraying a light mist of diluted essential oils on her wig and that smells great. She did leave a small oily spot where her arm was touching my sheets, but as far as I can tell that's it and the color isn't staining her skin either.

Her fingernails were a bad design. I trimmed them about as short as I could and will probably just remove them after some very minor damage. She has a teeny cut/scratch on her left breast now from one of her nails. Of course there are also the other well known issues with her neck being rather creaky and not very poseable, and some inconsequential little birth marks and skin tags.

DAY 2

Lots of experimenting with different positions and inserts. Trying things for a little bit, making a little modification and trying again. My Jessica Drake Heavenly fleshlight volunteered in the name of science, and I think I will be able to trim it so it stays in place and that beautiful vulva barely pokes out to cover her built in one. Keeping both the outside of the insert and the inside of her cavity dry and well powdered seems to be the key to having it stay well put. I've been looking closely, and so far I haven't noticed any issues with her skin and the fleshlight material interacting. If I figure out the right shape to trim them, and I think I have a good idea based on the BoyToy insert, this will open up a ton of realistic options.

Tonight there were times when she truly came alive. This is close to what I imagined, and I haven't even F&@ked with my imagination yet. I found several positions where she is maneuverable and we can still maintain closeness and intimacy. It feels really nice to kinda "scissor" her. There are a lot of ways to get tangled up with her that would be next to impossible with a real woman. Because she's poseable she can hold in ways that would tire out anyone but a sexy russian spy from a bond movie. Even the parts of her that I thought were awkward or fragile at first ADD to the experience and invite love and attention. Her hands can touch your face, shoulders or chest. Her legs can swivel to grip your back so you can't fall out and you can just rock together. Putting a pillow under just one side of her lovely ass allows her to gyrate her hips back and forth. She can do a side plank and twist her ass so she can bounce off of you in a sideways cowgirl. If you're feeling lazy you can put her leg up and (gently) rest your face against her soft foot in missionary position. This whole cohesive experience is unlike anything else I've ever had with a myriad of sex toys. I do not see her as a replacement for a woman, but this is a whole new thing that's *unreal* She has infinite patience for all of the lovely experiments I'm going to perform on her supple little body, and that might be the hottest part about her.

There were still some frustrating things about the second night, but mainly because I'm still trying a lot of new things. Moving her actually feels great.

If I accept that I'm going to be responsible with her, I do not have any form of buyer's remorse over this purchase. Well, other than maybe not jumping on a 155 D Cup! Haha. There will be more time in my life for other dolls if I decide that's what I want, so there's no rush. Thank you all, collectively, for what you've done here.

Sorry for some of the graininess and poor color balance on these photos. I'll need to work on a lighting setup.

*UPDATE* DAYS 3/4

We are like pb&j. I gave her another shower and it was much easier and less scary this time. After some more careful powdering, I decided it was time to put on her nude body stocking, and HOLY SHIT. This thing is a game changer even though there is a minor trade off in not being able to feel all of her skin. She moves so effortlessly in it and there are less worries about scuffing up her back, shoulders, thighs, arms, hands or feet. Her joints are much more supple now and the play became very fluid and dynamic. This can be immersive as hell if you're able to plan a move or two in advance. My hands are really just swimming all over her entire body now, and she is accepting in pretty much any position I can think of. I see her lying on my bed from across the room and it's hard to tell she's not real sometimes. If she's positioned in an interesting way with her weight kind of asymmetrical (best way I can think of it) then she rocks and jiggles in very delicate ways that are kind of chilling.

The first two nights I didn't really care for snuggling with her at all and decided her cuddle game was weak. Too cold, too heavy. I think I'll stick to my cat's A1 cuddle game. The body stocking changes everything here. She is a relentless snuggle kitten in that thing because she picks up body heat much faster. The only problem is then I can't sleep because I end up doing her two more times. This is as ridiculous as being with an actual nymphomaniac and it's fun to role play that she's the one asking for it so much.

One happy customer indeed.
IMG_8627.JPG
IMG_8627.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 5875 times
IMG_8632 (2).JPG
IMG_8632 (2).JPG (2.69 MiB) Viewed 5875 times
IMG_8643 (2).JPG
IMG_8643 (2).JPG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 5875 times
IMG_8647 (2).JPG
IMG_8647 (2).JPG (2.36 MiB) Viewed 5875 times
IMG_8653 (2).JPG
IMG_8653 (2).JPG (2.56 MiB) Viewed 5875 times
IMG_8657 (2).JPG
IMG_8657 (2).JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 5875 times
IMG_8760 (2).JPG
IMG_8760 (2).JPG (974.01 KiB) Viewed 5875 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: YL148 First Doll - First Impressions

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Hello synth! Sexy lady you have there! :thumbs_up: Thank you for the comprehensive review as it really shows potential purchasers what to expect. I had the same difficulty with the removable insert. It feels GREAT when used as a toy outside of the doll. But when installed, it becomes so tight that I can't stay in. My junk is VERY average, so if size is an issue then it might be the size of the rest of me. :oops: It could be that by having to open her legs so wide, it could be squeezing the insert and making it tighter. Spreading the legs seems to make the opening appear larger at the expense of making the rest of the insert tighter. But I'll do some more experimenting as I'm determined to make his work! :twisted:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Synth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Synth »

Stewie! What do you think about custom fitting some other kind of insert? I think i'm getting pretty close to something that works. I'll post some more pics when it's complete.

Edit: I mean I basically rolled her over and had my way with her right when I woke up this morning, so it's possible. I have faith!

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Congratulations!

Excellent write-up. YLDoll makes superb dolls.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Synth wrote:Stewie! What do you think about custom fitting some other kind of insert? I think i'm getting pretty close to something that works. I'll post some more pics when it's complete.

Edit: I mean I basically rolled her over and had my way with her right when I woke up this morning, so it's possible. I have faith!
I've been thinking of trying that as well. I'm going to modify my current insert a bit to see if that will help. One thing I had in mind is beveling out the opening in the shape of a funnel in order to better "hit the bulls eye" which is difficult with an internally fitted insert as it's not always easy to see what's going on down there. That may also make it less tight as air will be able to escape a little better. The last one you showed looks really good! :thumbs_up:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

stones
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by stones »

Fantastic and detailed review, thank you.

Synth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Synth »

Here's what I was able to come up with after a bit more pruning. I'll post a pic of the final shape of the insert and how I cut the fins once it's done. I think I may be able to make it even thinner. It looks like it would be even harder to fit in her this way but I promise that's not the case. The lips on the fleshlight girl series are super super soft.
IMG_8761 (2).JPG
IMG_8761 (2).JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 5825 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I like it! :thumbs_up: I may have to try this myself.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Excellent write up! Thank you! She looks lovely and you have the patience to find the best way to keep her (and you!) happy! Well done!
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Synth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Synth »

Oh! And as far as her size. 148 seems like a fairly realistic size. Some of her proportions are a big exaggerated in the TNA department. (Thank her maker. My god she has a crazy delicious apple bottom.) I was holding her up in front of a mirror and she doesn't look weirdly out of proportion compared to me, just petite with bodacious curves. I'm nearly 6 feet tall and a medium athletic build, for reference.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

I'm about the same height and although my 135 seems a bit small, there ARE real women this size so she is definitely realistic. :thumbs_up:

Synth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Synth »

I was considering a WM140 at first when I saw the general price point, but then i found the lovely lovely YL135 and nearly bought one. After talking to Jeff a few times on the phone though, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed paying just a bit more in the grand scheme of things for a bit taller doll. And then right after I bought her YL had this great sale on the delicious 155 D Cup. I'm not even pissed about that though, because I'm pretty sure I'd be just as happy with any of the YL line as my first doll.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Hey very good review Synth! I am happy to see that she pleases you :) She is gorgeous!

Jael (my YL148) is as cute and strong as she was on her first day 3 months ago ... but yes, we need to be really careful. So far, the only issue I have with the TPE dolls is the fact that the skeleton sharp joint is eating the TPE from inside out, so we need to be extra careful with positions that would put too much weight on the knees, wrists and elbows. But I am pretty sure that those issues will be fixed in few years from now. We are here, on the forum, the pioneers of this world. This is a really young market ;)

Enjoy her and post more pictures! Taking pictures of her is another hobby that is worth trying out, this is very fun ... but also expensive since you always want to get new outfits and wigs :)
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

very artistic photos!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR