yldoll.com

Hidden storage options for the YL Doll 150cm?

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Mountaines

Hidden storage options for the YL Doll 150cm?

Post by Mountaines »

delete

gooHero666
Ex-Member

Re: Hidden storage options for the YL Doll 150cm?

Post by gooHero666 »

Mountaines wrote:Hey all.

This topic really applies to most any doll, but I am specifically interested in the YL Doll 150.

If I ever own this doll, I would need to have the option to safely hide it away from guests, and visitors, etc. I am trying to figure out a workable solution that would allow me to store the doll to hide it without damaging it, and without arousing suspicion from people.

In all likelihood, the doll would have to be stored in a spare bedroom, which has a queen-sized bed and small closet. I am not sure how the doll could be hidden in that environment. Is it possible?

1) First of all, can anyone share the dimensions of the shipping box/crate that she comes in?

2) Secondly, aside from storing her in the original crate, are there any slimmer boxes that will safely store this specific doll? Would such a box be able to fit under any type of normal bed?

3) Given a choice is, is it better to store the doll vertically or horizontally?

4) Can the doll be hung vertically, such as from a typical closet clothes rack?
4a) Does the doll even have a hook or attachment to allow her to be hung vertically? Will this damage her boobs from gravity?
4b) Would the weight be too much for a standard closet rod?

5) Any other creative ideas for hiding her?
http://www.yldoll.com/shop/index.php?ro ... duct_id=62 Look at the bottom - you can buy a Hanging Hook Kit for 30$ I would imagine that you need a closet atleast 150cm tall (doll without head is approx 130cm?) and 1 meter wide. If your rack can manage the weight :-P already made room for mine.

I've reseacrhed bags and containers and so forth too. I don't really see any viable alternatives, than the hook kit ^_^
-:-

tootsie
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by tootsie »

If you have a closet, you can remove the head and place the body standing vertically inside it. Make sure you have the standing feet version to do this and then simply cover her body with a bed sheet to keep off dust, etc.

It is very easy to hide a doll now.

symmes

Post by symmes »

Mountaines wrote:If I ever own this doll, I would need to have the option to safely hide it away from guests, and visitors, etc. I am trying to figure out a workable solution that would allow me to store the doll to hide it without damaging it, and without arousing suspicion from people.
My doll (a 156cm OR Doll B-cup) is on order, and I'll need to deal with this myself, too, but it's not time-critical for me. I may just use the original shipping box myself; however, I've been tracking some other possibilities, so I'll share what I've collected....
2) Secondly, aside from storing her in the original crate, are there any slimmer boxes that will safely store this specific doll? Would such a box be able to fit under any type of normal bed?
Some options I'm considering include:
  • Storage beds --- Some beds provide explicit under-bed storage. See, for instance, this bed or this slightly less expensive Ikea model. These are pricey (especially the first one), but make for very inconspicuous storage. The Ikea one might not be fully secure against snooping, and even the other one would require adding a lock. I doubt if most "generic" beds would have enough clearance under them, and they certainly wouldn't be secure against snooping, but it'll cost you nothing but time to check out the options at local furniture store.
  • A Christmas tree bag -- Something like this would be inexpensive. (Presumably you'd use it with the styrofoam in the doll's original box, or maybe even with the whole box.) It's more camouflage than secure storage, though.
  • A golf bag -- I've heard of people storing smaller dolls in hard golf bags, like this one. As with the Christmas tree bag, this is more camouflage than security, although you might be able to add a lock. I'm not sure how big a doll you could fit into such a container, though; 150cm might be too big.
  • Flight cases -- Many companies make flight cases (aka road cases), which are used to cart equipment around the country (for musical acts, conferences, etc.). Something like this one would probably work well. This would cost almost as much as a storage bed, but be more portable. They can often be locked, but be sure to check on that detail before buying. I've seen one or two doll manufacturers offer shipment in a flight case for an extra ~$300. (IIRC, Z-Onedoll offers this option.)
3) Given a choice is, is it better to store the doll vertically or horizontally?
From what I've read, horizontal storage on a well-padded surface (like a bed, although if it's a firm bed an inch or two of memory foam may need to be added) is best. (If the doll lies on a hard surface for too long, her buttocks may deform.) Storing vertically is recommended only if the doll has standing feet, and in that case you must be careful lest the doll tip over. Standing, but leaning against a wall, may work in this case, but then you need padding against the wall.
4) Can the doll be hung vertically, such as from a typical closet clothes rack?
4a) Does the doll even have a hook or attachment to allow her to be hung vertically? Will this damage her boobs from gravity?
4b) Would the weight be too much for a standard closet rod?
Some vendors, like RLSD, offer a hanging kit for storage; however, the necks of Jinsan dolls (including YL Doll) are a weak point, so using such a kit is advisable only to provide stability for standing storage, where the feet take the weight. I've never heard of a doll's breasts being deformed by long-term vertical storage, but that may just be my ignorance.

Mountaines

Post by Mountaines »

tootsie wrote:If you have a closet, you can remove the head and place the body standing vertically inside it. Make sure you have the standing feet version to do this and then simply cover her body with a bed sheet to keep off dust, etc.

Would she stand up on carpet?

tootsie
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by tootsie »

Mountaines wrote:
tootsie wrote:If you have a closet, you can remove the head and place the body standing vertically inside it. Make sure you have the standing feet version to do this and then simply cover her body with a bed sheet to keep off dust, etc.

Would she stand up on carpet?
Yes, you always need a third point of contact so place the body leaning against the wall. I would use trash bags or piece of foam under her feet so they do not get dirty.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

this past week I had to build a false wall in the back of a closet. I'm taking over a business and the office is connected to the house. the secretary and maintenance crew sometimes use the bathroom in my house because I haven't built a restroom for the office yet. I have no idea if my privacy will be respected or not, and mom is having surgery tomorrow and I did the math on building a bathroom vs a concealed room, and it became clear adding a wall vs plumbing fresh water and sewer lines and walls was going to be my option of choice, having only 48 hours to do either.
I got lucky and cut the studs in the back of my closet at the base and carefully cut the sheet rock around the corners and pulled the entire wall off in one piece, without destroying the sheet rock on the otherside which is another closet.
then it was a matter of moving the wall towards the closet entry. once I moved it deep enough to not only house the doll but I had to have enough room to physically get her in there without getting jammed.
then I had to cut a door and reinforced the drywall so it wouldn't crumble on the cut edges. add some hindges from a bifold screen. they were the only ones I could find that would allow me to open and close without the drywall door to not bind on the wall.
I added some trim in a few edges to conceal a couple of seams.
when I get back home in a couple days I'll take some pics of the finished project.
I can say that I left with peace of mind, it's not likely should anyone get nosy that they would discover her.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

symmes wrote: Storage beds --- Some beds provide explicit under-bed storage. See, for instance, this bed or this slightly less expensive Ikea model. These are pricey (especially the first one), but make for very inconspicuous storage. The Ikea one might not be fully secure against snooping, and even the other one would require adding a lock. I doubt if most "generic" beds would have enough clearance under them, and they certainly wouldn't be secure against snooping, but it'll cost you nothing but time to check out the options at local furniture store.
I looked into this option the most heavily when considering, and eventually was dissatisfied with all options. I went to the local home improvement store, bought everything for $120 and built one myself that's 16" deep and can fit 3 dolls under my queen bed (or currently 2 + all clothes etc).

I didn't spent the money to add support rods to help lift it, I'm in my 20s and it's about 90 lbs to open with the mattress. It has no proper handholds installed, the design necessitating the use of 1 hand to lift the weight and the other to brace it (meaning I grab the lip on the side, 1 inch deep and lift it with 1 hand until I can get the other under, then prop it using a 2x4 I store underneath with a 2x4 under the lid as a catch). I consider it an added benefit. If I have a girl in my room, I doubt she will be able to lift that sucker if she is nosy enough to even notice it can be lifted, and since it stores literally everything, clothes, shoes, etc, she can tear my closet and cupboards apart and find nothing at all except for me, standing there pissed off that I have to redo my stuff.

I don't have to worry about my housemate snooping, he knows anyway. 8)

(Added hint, set up a desktop wallpaper of a very realistic looking doll with no manufacturer marking in the image, or edited out, and if your roommate's reaction is "Is that a girl? It almost looks like a doll." and you casually say "Yep it's a doll" and he quotes Jayne saying "I'll be in my bunk..." and walks out, you're in the clear)
Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

symmes,
Well said!
http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/088819- ... aQodNAQAAQ
Would work for some dolls with the head off, but not for a really busty doll. In fact, a YL 148 can fit in one above with her head on. I should know that since I am a 148 YL
Love,
Nyoko
Attachments
nyokogift.gif
nyokogift.gif (452.13 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

It's my understanding that eventually, YL will release a torso version in response to the many requests that have come in.

That is my hope, as it will allow me to buy and own this beautiful doll in a way that meets my current living situation.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Rimotev
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Rimotev »

I am adding mechanism to my bed, but can someone please tell me will 20 cm floor to mattress space be enough?
My doll is 157 cm high her bust is 87 cm.

Otherwise my other 2 options is that I can put her in the wardrobe standing (with standing feet) or hook her up to the wardrobe rail that is 140 cm high, I guess her legs will touch the floor but it won't be a problem?

INFORMATIONS