yldoll.com

Tips for a newbie

YLDoll is doll manufacturer based in China. Since 2013 we have been creating life size dolls made of thermoplastic elastomer known as TPE. The dolls are incredibly soft to the touch and when powdered feel very similar to human skin. These dolls are anatomically correct but can be used for other purposes besides sexual such as companions, film props, mannequins or decoration. Our dolls are very flexible and poseable by using stainless steel skeleton designs. Our team consists of excellent designers and production workers to provide excellent before and after-sale service. All materials comply with the National Health & Safety Standards which is harmless to humans and is environmental friendly. We offer OEM service!
Rollie87
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Tips for a newbie

Post by Rollie87 »

Hello everyone! :D

I've been lurking on this site for a little while now, and decided to purchase my very first doll about 3 weeks ago. She'll be arriving soon, and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips and tricks for doll maintenance and handling. I've already bought baby powder, mineral oil, and vaseline. Anything else I should get prior to her arrival?

I purchased a YL148 standing version. I was told she could stand for up to 2 months with no problems. Has anyone tried this? How safe is it really to keep her standing (while leaning on something) for long periods of time?

Thank you guys! :thumbs_up: I apologize in advance if I don't reply to any messages until later tonight (I sleep during the day)

-Rollie

Dolly Dearest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Tips for a newbie

Post by Dolly Dearest »

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.

* You may want to get a hair brush, but try not to brush her wig too much. Hair will fall off the cheap synthetic wigs like crazy.

* Some extra wigs. You may want to keep one wig as a "bed time wig", that one will get tangled, brushing it until it looks good again is not only very difficult, it takes a lot of effort. So buying more cheap synthetic wigs seems to be the better solution. You can keep them in nice shape as long as you keep them away from your bed.

* Some makeup, at least lipstick, to make your doll look as good as possible. Make sure you look up the right kind of makeup before you apply it to your doll. I think you are supposed to use powder based makeup, not water based... But I'm not entirelly sure about this. I'm sure you can find this info on this forum. (Maybe someone else can confirm this?)

* You have the measurements for your doll, right? You can start buying clothes for her before she arrives, so she won't have to be naked all the time. Unless that's what you want her to be, ofcourse. But if you want to sleep next to her at night, then you should probably put some clothes on her. A body stocking or something. Because her skin can feel really cold sometimes. Putting clothes on her helps. They work as a barrier between your skin and hers. Make sure you wash the clothes first though, try to avoid very dark clothes since they may stain her skin.

* If you are gonna put your doll in a leather chair or sofa, you may want to get some white sheets to lay down for her to sit on, just to be safe. Having her sit directly on the surface could possibly stain her ass or leave oil residues on the sofa.

* If you are planning on using condoms... buy some.

* And for the love of doll, don't forget to buy water based lubricant for your new squeeze!
My blog:
https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog
My doll videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7nBz ... 3Cw/videos
https://xhamster.com/users/dollydearest/videos
My dolls:
Vanessa, WM140 D-cups with heads WM #36, WM #46 & WM #233, tan skin (TPE)
Alice, WM100 D-cups with anime & lovely head, natural skin (TPE)
Isabell, Z-onedoll 160 with head A32, pink skin (Silicone)
Booberella, YourDoll 150 O-cups with heads WM #47 & YL #188, light tan skin (TPE)

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Welcome to TDF!

Care and Maintenance of TPE dolls

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=63812
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Greetings Rollie -
I'm no expert, but I don't know why it would cause any issue to leave her standing. But there are two huge caveats -
A. I would get the MF standing bolt covers - Mine arrived today and I'll do a review on them. But my (standing) Veruca is basically new, and she's already showing wear on her feet from the bolts. Not to mention wrecking pretty much any stocking you put on...
B. A 148cm is a pretty tall gal. Joint stiffness seems to vary GREATLY. My Nikki is excessively difficult to bend. The benefit is, she can stand or kneel all day long and I wouldn't hesitate to leave her standing (with boots on as she is not a standing version). But my Veruca 'standing version' is pretty easy to bend, especially the knees, so I wouldn't trust leaving her standing all the time. Go figure.

Assuming you want to leave your girl standing for space considerations, or worried about creases? My Nikki I've left sitting nearly her entire 1.5 year life. She shows NO signs of creases and her booty has not deformed at all. However, I just received Veruca, and left her sitting for a week. She showed major creases within only a few days. So I reworked things to lay her flat.

So I guess there's no perfect rule on this. You'll just have to see if you think it's safe. I don't risk anything anymore. My Nikki has a lot of miles and photoshoots on her. That's the reason her fingers are completely dork up at this point - my fault for not being careful enough in putting on clothing, and her numerous falls.

Rollie87
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Rollie87 »

Dolly Dearest wrote:Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase.

* You may want to get a hair brush, but try not to brush her wig too much. Hair will fall off the cheap synthetic wigs like crazy.

* Some extra wigs. You may want to keep one wig as a "bed time wig", that one will get tangled, brushing it until it looks good again is not only very difficult, it takes a lot of effort. So buying more cheap synthetic wigs seems to be the better solution. You can keep them in nice shape as long as you keep them away from your bed.

* Some makeup, at least lipstick, to make your doll look as good as possible. Make sure you look up the right kind of makeup before you apply it to your doll. I think you are supposed to use powder based makeup, not water based... But I'm not entirelly sure about this. I'm sure you can find this info on this forum. (Maybe someone else can confirm this?)

* You have the measurements for your doll, right? You can start buying clothes for her before she arrives, so she won't have to be naked all the time. Unless that's what you want her to be, ofcourse. But if you want to sleep next to her at night, then you should probably put some clothes on her. A body stocking or something. Because her skin can feel really cold sometimes. Putting clothes on her helps. They work as a barrier between your skin and hers. Make sure you wash the clothes first though, try to avoid very dark clothes since they may stain her skin.

* If you are gonna put your doll in a leather chair or sofa, you may want to get some white sheets to lay down for her to sit on, just to be safe. Having her sit directly on the surface could possibly stain her ass or leave oil residues on the sofa.

* If you are planning on using condoms... buy some.

* And for the love of doll, don't forget to buy water based lubricant for your new squeeze!
Thank you so much for the reply Dolly :D

A hairbrush and extra wig is now on my list of things to get. As far as makeup goes, I have a good amount of makeup my ex left when we broke up, so I'll put that to good use, same with some clothing that she left. So i'll give those a shot, hopefully they fit :P

How common is staining from clothing and leather chairs by the way?

Thank you again for your reply :D

-Rollie

Rollie87
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Rollie87 »

DollAfficionado wrote:Welcome to TDF!

Care and Maintenance of TPE dolls

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=63812
Thank you so much for the link! This will help me out a great deal! :D

-Rollie

Rollie87
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Rollie87 »

Agent D wrote:Greetings Rollie -
I'm no expert, but I don't know why it would cause any issue to leave her standing. But there are two huge caveats -
A. I would get the MF standing bolt covers - Mine arrived today and I'll do a review on them. But my (standing) Veruca is basically new, and she's already showing wear on her feet from the bolts. Not to mention wrecking pretty much any stocking you put on...
B. A 148cm is a pretty tall gal. Joint stiffness seems to vary GREATLY. My Nikki is excessively difficult to bend. The benefit is, she can stand or kneel all day long and I wouldn't hesitate to leave her standing (with boots on as she is not a standing version). But my Veruca 'standing version' is pretty easy to bend, especially the knees, so I wouldn't trust leaving her standing all the time. Go figure.

Assuming you want to leave your girl standing for space considerations, or worried about creases? My Nikki I've left sitting nearly her entire 1.5 year life. She shows NO signs of creases and her booty has not deformed at all. However, I just received Veruca, and left her sitting for a week. She showed major creases within only a few days. So I reworked things to lay her flat.

So I guess there's no perfect rule on this. You'll just have to see if you think it's safe. I don't risk anything anymore. My Nikki has a lot of miles and photoshoots on her. That's the reason her fingers are completely dork up at this point - my fault for not being careful enough in putting on clothing, and her numerous falls.
Thank you for the link to the bolt covers. I'll definitely have to look into getting a set.

I'm thinking of having her standing so I can display her next to a pair of display cases I have with anime figures. So, if anyone ever asks, she's a life size "Anime Figure".. not at all a sex doll :wink:
If I was to store her laying flat on my bed, would there be any risk of her getting any creases from my bed sheets? How easy/hard is it for creases to go away?

Thanks again for your reply!

-Rollie

Dolly Dearest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dolly Dearest »

Rollie87 wrote: How common is staining from clothing and leather chairs by the way?
I have never even read about staining from leather chairs, to be honest. It's just one of those things I imagine could happen, so I try to avoid it. :wink: I put a white sheet over my leather armchairs before I let my dolls sit in them, just to be safe.
My blog:
https://dollydearest9.wixsite.com/blog
My doll videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7nBz ... 3Cw/videos
https://xhamster.com/users/dollydearest/videos
My dolls:
Vanessa, WM140 D-cups with heads WM #36, WM #46 & WM #233, tan skin (TPE)
Alice, WM100 D-cups with anime & lovely head, natural skin (TPE)
Isabell, Z-onedoll 160 with head A32, pink skin (Silicone)
Booberella, YourDoll 150 O-cups with heads WM #47 & YL #188, light tan skin (TPE)

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Hey there - I've only seen creases where she is bent, and they seem to come out eventually. As for staining. I once put a leather dress on Nikki and it totally stained her - like immediately. It was awful to clean. But I have leather chairs and I once set Nikki in one for a few minutes while setting up a photo. It didn't seem to stain her, however, just like Dolly Dearest mentioned - the oil in her skin transferred to the leather - leaving oily butt prints to clean up. So now I just always use a white beach towel when I sit them on anything leather or fabric. Which I always seem to forget to do first. So I have to set them on the floor, make another trip, and pick them up off the floor, again. Mabey someday I'll get it right.

And cool idea standing her with your display case!

Rollie87
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Rollie87 »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that replied to my post. You've all been great help!

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:D WelcomeRollie87, here are some handy staters links for you too....this will help you find your way around here

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS