It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:53 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Keeping the doll warm
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:31 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RedMage wrote:
Can bob7892 or someone else who sleeps with their doll every night, give a little insight on winter temperatures and what is required? I bought mine primarily for snuggling to help me sleep better and I have an electric blanket, but my house can get fairly cold 50-60F. Is this basically a guaranteed nightly activity of warming the bed/doll up so she doesn't turn me off skin to skin contact completely? What about after you turn it off? Do they cool down pretty quick?

Also, any suggested changes to long term maintenance requirements when you're constantly changing her temperature and sleeping with her? Maybe not specifically on topic of temperature, but I want to take care of my snuggle bunny :? .

To be honest this will be my first winter with a tpe doll , my previous doll was silicone , They do hold their heat well :thumbs_up:
It's a bit of a case of trial and error , I have a central heated home , so in winter my home never gets below 18 C :D
If I don't warm my doll she feels a little bit cool to the touch , and I find myself moving away from her in the winter :(

As for maintenance I am still experimenting ,she is heated 3-4 times a week in the summer , and I have been giving my doll an oil rub once a month , and I find this keeps her in top condition , If I didn't heat her at all I would probably reduce this too an oil rub every two months .

It all depends on the blend of tpe used as well , a WM may be different from a 6ye , This is just a guess but I would presume the more you heat your doll the quicker it will dry out . Humidity will also have a lot to do with it as well .

If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories viewtopic.php?f=113&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:54 pm 

Fantastic Plastic wrote:
SynthetikReality95 wrote:
RoyFolker01 wrote:
Is keeping the keeping the doll warm necessary?

Depends on what you like.

I hate humans, I like dolls... therefore I LOVE sliding into cold pussy. Plastic is my fetish. Your taste might be different :)

I'm not really in the I hate humans category, although most hate me more than I do them.
But I am totally in agreement with this statement, I like the cool smooth feeling my doll has when slipping inside her.
It's a very doll like attribute that appeals to me as well.
And I always find it very enjoyable to cuddle with a cool doll in the warmer summer months also.
FP

Interesting thank you for sharing I started this thread in order to get a little insight opinions and maybe even some experience to win I receive my first doll this year

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

bob7892 wrote:
RedMage wrote:
Can bob7892 or someone else who sleeps with their doll every night, give a little insight on winter temperatures and what is required? I bought mine primarily for snuggling to help me sleep better and I have an electric blanket, but my house can get fairly cold 50-60F. Is this basically a guaranteed nightly activity of warming the bed/doll up so she doesn't turn me off skin to skin contact completely? What about after you turn it off? Do they cool down pretty quick?

Also, any suggested changes to long term maintenance requirements when you're constantly changing her temperature and sleeping with her? Maybe not specifically on topic of temperature, but I want to take care of my snuggle bunny :? .

To be honest this will be my first winter with a tpe doll , my previous doll was silicone , They do hold their heat well :thumbs_up:
It's a bit of a case of trial and error , I have a central heated home , so in winter my home never gets below 18 C :D
If I don't warm my doll she feels a little bit cool to the touch , and I find myself moving away from her in the winter :(

As for maintenance I am still experimenting ,she is heated 3-4 times a week in the summer , and I have been giving my doll an oil rub once a month , and I find this keeps her in top condition , If I didn't heat her at all I would probably reduce this too an oil rub every two months .

It all depends on the blend of tpe used as well , a WM may be different from a 6ye , This is just a guess but I would presume the more you heat your doll the quicker it will dry out . Humidity will also have a lot to do with it as well .

I'm pretty sure my doll is a WM, because that seems to be what RLSD sells, at least from my research. But I will admit I was a bit overwhelmed so I'm not even sure what the differences would be between the two. :lol:

No worries Bob, I guess we will trial and error together then. But thanks for the reply and info all the same. I was actually thinking along the same lines...just uptick the baby oil maintenance a little to account for the expansion/contraction of the TPE and likely loss of moisture in her natural oils when that occurs. I really don't want to think I will move away from her at night though...that's the best part. :|

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 pm 

A little cuddling warms her up before you know it. If she's too cold, just start slow :fadein:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

EQ8t wrote:
A little cuddling warms her up before you know it. If she's too cold, just start slow :fadein:

Haha, I foresee this will be what I end up doing...because I'm not going to NOT cuddle her every night... Dangnabit, I will warm her up by sheer force of will and body heat, even if its the last thing I do before my balls shrivel up from the cold and retreat inside :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:28 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

A warm doll can lead to funky mold, be sure to sanitize the bits often.

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:02 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

abracadabra wrote:
A warm doll can lead to funky mold, be sure to sanitize the bits often.

I don't think mold cares if your doll is warm or cold 8O as long as it's got moisture and something to feed on eg your jizz
it will be away 8O
The most important thing is to keep her private bits clean and DRY . That's why air pumps are recommended for non insert models :D
It is also just as important to check insert models cavities for any moisture as well :D

If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories viewtopic.php?f=113&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:25 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

It's kinda weird that the insert dolls buttholes are fixed, only making one hole removeable sorta defeats the advantage of its selling point. Right ? I usually dont aim for the brown eye anyways butt .....

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:08 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

abracadabra wrote:
It's kinda weird that the insert dolls buttholes are fixed, only making one hole removeable sorta defeats the advantage of its selling point. Right ? I usually dont aim for the brown eye anyways butt .....

I see what you did there... :lol: . I usually don't in real life, but on dolls its much more sanitary seeming.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm 

EQ8t wrote:
You all may have seen I'm a little obsessed with the gadget side of this hobby. I've posted elsewhere about the whole drying cavities out with an aquarium pump.

Now, I wanted a new electric blanket because this one I have is heating up unevenly. My lady's calves were too hot the other day even with my temperature control device in effect (the rest of her was fine). And Broven tried this device with success, however his blanket doesn't turn back on after the AC plug has its power turned off/on by the temperature control device. The Biddeford blanket I have has an analog on/off switch (a real switch, not an electronic button). So it does turn back on when the plug receives power.

Some of the Sunbeam blankets have the old-style switch that should work, if they don't have some modern safety device. But I had a Sunbeam before and it heated unevenly after a while too, before it stopped working. Based on my experience and reading reviews, the life expectancy of these blankets is dismal, especially given their cost.

So, I found this!
https://heattrak.com/products/large-heated-stair-mat

It's a 10" x 48" heated mat for melting snow on steps. It puts out 120 watts of heat, similar to an electric blanket, a queen blanket puts out 150 watts. In a concentrated space this will be more heat, so I'll use LOTS of padding on top of it. And I would NEVER use this without this temperature control device I have as a safety. This is a little short for a full size doll but I'll start it at her collar. With all the padding I'll use, it should spread out the heat nicely. I'll monitor it closely the first several times I use it!

Since it's meant for outdoor use, I expect it to last indefinitely. It has warnings about enclosing it and so on but controlled use should be fine, I'll watch it. Findings will be reported...

Yes, I know I'm crazy :whistle:
If anyone has been wondering about this, I did get the heating mat. However, it seems I jumped the gun because the thing is well designed, and since it's made to melt snow, it only operates when it detects a temperature approaching freezing.

It's really well made...and I threw out the packaging before testing it. So it's not going back, I may hack it up and override the temperature sensor. In the meantime, I bought another Biddeford electric blanket with mechanical switch, that works with my temperature sensor device...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:34 pm 

I’d like to have one of those thermostatically controlled heaters, but for now I just throw an old king size heating blanket, folded into two layers, over her comforter. I don’t let the heating blanket touch her. It takes a few hours to warm her up, though, even set on 8 out of 10. Maybe Mr. Happy is impervious to the cold, but sliding in her even without heating her first doesn’t seem cold. And after just a little action, she feels nice and warm inside.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:23 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

EQ8t wrote:
If anyone has been wondering about this, I did get the heating mat. However, it seems I jumped the gun because the thing is well designed, and since it's made to melt snow, it only operates when it detects a temperature approaching freezing.

It's really well made...and I threw out the packaging before testing it. So it's not going back, I may hack it up and override the temperature sensor. In the meantime, I bought another Biddeford electric blanket with mechanical switch, that works with my temperature sensor device...

Funny, I was just wondering what became of this last night. Sucks that it doesn't work as we hoped, but wow... that's a really great design for melting snow! It seems they have put some thought into it. Though now that the weather is getting cold at night, I suspect Anna Marie hovers somewhere near freezing most of the time. It's like wrapping up a piece of squishy, sexy ice in my arms at bedtime. lol.

Anna Marie's Doll Album
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. -Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm 

Yeah, the marketing material on Amazon and their own heattrak website didn't mention that temperature switching feature. And it's a nice feature when it comes to energy conservation, so that's weird to omit it.

It has a very high manufacturing quality. I'm hoping I can hack into the sealed relay and find the bypass location...

I just got this blanket, if you want to get one that works with the temp control device's on/off:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DDH756O

It has thick wires, which I'm counting as a plus since it might be less likely to break down. Like QL57812 mentioned, I use a lot of padding too, so the thick wires don't matter for that.

Cheap right now at $33. On the top of the white control box where you can't see in the photo, it has a manual rocker power switch. And no safety feature preventing it from coming back on when plug power activates!

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:07 pm 

QL57812 wrote:
I’d like to have one of those thermostatically controlled heaters, but for now I just throw an old king size heating blanket, folded into two layers, over her comforter. I don’t let the heating blanket touch her. It takes a few hours to warm her up, though, even set on 8 out of 10. Maybe Mr. Happy is impervious to the cold, but sliding in her even without heating her first doesn’t seem cold. And after just a little action, she feels nice and warm inside.

I have used a folded electric blanket, too (I bought one especially for that purpose) but was also disappointed/surprised at how long it took to make her feel warm. Putting my body against hers takes maybe 5 minutes to accomplish the same thing - and it's a lot more fun - so I haven't been using the blanket anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

As much as I hate to - my electric blanket was considerably more expensive than that one - I'm gonna have to invest in that. Or one like it. Not having a physical on/off switch has been more of a pain in the ass than anything. To the point where I'm not bothering with it very often now. As Auto says, most of the time I'm just using body heat. But I do miss having her all kinda toasty warm when I get into bed.

Let me know if you run into any short-comings with the model you linked to.

Anna Marie's Doll Album
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. -Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next