It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 am

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: Keeping the doll warm
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 pm 

Sure, will let you know, I've only used it a few times so far but all good. I think they're dumping that red color at the $33 and only a few left. I didn't care about color so wtf.

As far as time taking to warm up, I think the bed can absorb a lot of the heat. I just realized last night, I might get a faster result by putting a folded up blanket underneath the whole "heating blanket burrito". I think the bed is absorbing a lot, and an insulator below her may help. And of course cover the whole wrap good, I use a comforter. Because yeah, it takes 2-3 hours to do it right...

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 pm 

EQ8t wrote:
Sure, will let you know, I've only used it a few times so far but all good. I think they're dumping that red color at the $33 and only a few left. I didn't care about color so wtf.

As far as time taking to warm up, I think the bed can absorb a lot of the heat. I just realized last night, I might get a faster result by putting a folded up blanket underneath the whole "heating blanket burrito". I think the bed is absorbing a lot, and an insulator below her may help. And of course cover the whole wrap good, I use a comforter. Because yeah, it takes 2-3 hours to do it right...

An insulating layer underneath is a great idea. My problem is that I can't wait 2 or 3 hours for her to be "ready" - I get too impatient and say f-it and just wrap myself around her.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

autolycus wrote:
My problem is that I can't wait 2 or 3 hours for her to be "ready" - I get too impatient and say f-it and just wrap myself around her.

Heheh. Is that really a "problem"? ;)

Anna Marie's Doll Album
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. -Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:23 pm 

Man I know exactly what you mean LOL....having a digital readout somehow helps me be patient.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 pm 
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

I'm curious if hanging just the body of a doll or standing her in a infrared sauna would be safe with out damaging her to warm her up before use. Anyone ever try that? or a regular sauna without putting water on the rocks?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:33 pm 

Has anyone tried using Mylar blankets to reflect the heat back onto the doll? Could work in theory.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M4GRQVJ/re ... il_4?psc=1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left
! use a heating pad works good ! :D thermostat controlled! when she is warm it cuts off :whistle:

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5