www.wmdolls.com

TPE Glue?!

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
VeroTwilight
Active Poster
Active Poster

TPE Glue?!

Post by VeroTwilight »

Got my shiny new 165cm D-cup almost a month ago.
Right off the bat, I noticed a huge number of production failures: A half-dozen "bubble" all in vital spots, so today after noting another one that had gone from an innocuous bowl-shape to cone on the side of her knee, I decided to try and fix the hole with the TPE glue that came with her, following all the instructions.
Bad idea. The TPE glue behaves more like highly-corrosive acid. It turned a tiny hole into a gaping void that can never be pushed closed now. Seriously, wtf is this crap? I assume it's meant to "melt" the TPE so it can be pushed together and seal shut. But how can you do that if it turns a small wound into an unclosable hole in the process?

Anyone else got an actual glue for TPE? Since "welding" with TPE won't sit well with anyone.
Since the fingernails are attached with ordinary superglue, that might work. Though it's just as likely to melt the TPE as the glue.
Lunamaria (Luna) - 165cm D-Cup WMdoll.
Yuki - 166cm minus S32 Irontech.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TPE Glue?!

Post by JunkGuy »

TPE glue breaks down the polymer fibers so they can be reformed and does indeed make holes larger - the trick is to apply pressure to force the two sides back together while the glue dries so that the end result is smaller hole, or ideally, none at all. Believe me, I'm struggling with this on a tear on my doll - its like taking one step backwards before taking two forward. I've used maybe half the TPE glue supplied by factory and still haven't got it satisfactorily fixed.

The fingernail glue or superglues are designed to adhere acrylics to the TPE, not TPE to itself. It doesn't breakdown the TPE fibers though, so its not likely to provide as much bonding once it dries. It may also leave an acetate residue that interferes with future attempts to repair with TPE glue so use at your own risk.

MannequinFan has a repair kit that comes highly recommended. Do a search on the forum for that if you want the best results (I'm considering it myself if I can't get this hole on Brie fixed.)

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Yeah an injury that you cannot close very tightly while the glue sets in, you don't use glue. If you need to smooth a flat surface you need a cigarette lighter and a spoon. Heat it up, quickly and gently run it over the injury. Should smooth it out

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

gregleg
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by gregleg »

VeroTwilight wrote:Got my shiny new 165cm D-cup almost a month ago.
Right off the bat, I noticed a huge number of production failures: A half-dozen "bubble" all in vital spots, so today after noting another one that had gone from an innocuous bowl-shape to cone on the side of her knee, I decided to try and fix the hole with the TPE glue that came with her, following all the instructions.
Bad idea. The TPE glue behaves more like highly-corrosive acid. It turned a tiny hole into a gaping void that can never be pushed closed now. Seriously, wtf is this crap? I assume it's meant to "melt" the TPE so it can be pushed together and seal shut. But how can you do that if it turns a small wound into an unclosable hole in the process?

Anyone else got an actual glue for TPE? Since "welding" with TPE won't sit well with anyone.
Since the fingernails are attached with ordinary superglue, that might work. Though it's just as likely to melt the TPE as the glue.
Sorry, to hear that Vero :( . TPE glue does work. When you apply the glue to the damaged area you have to close/squeeze both ends together so the gash is sealed shut otherwise it will create a bigger gash as you experienced. Here's a video on how to apply TPE glue. I hope your doll can still be saved. Best of Luck!

VeroTwilight
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by VeroTwilight »

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Will give the hot spoon method (no pun intended, not at first anyway) a try after I get the necessary cleaning product.
Lunamaria (Luna) - 165cm D-Cup WMdoll.
Yuki - 166cm minus S32 Irontech.

INFORMATIONS