www.wmdolls.com

How long is your doll's neck bolt?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

How long is your doll's neck bolt?

Post by JunkGuy »

This is an open question for any Jinsan doll, or any other manufacturer who is using same skeletons, not just WM.

honestj sent me one of his magnetic neck adapters to try, and while it works great it leaves Brie's head sitting a little higher than it did previously. Its not noticeable unless I lift up the cowl of neck skin around the base of the head where I can see a small gap that isn't present when using factory screw. Playing around with both his adapter and my original factory screw I find that I can't screw either all the way into the head - the threads get too tight. So I wonder if perhaps factory gave me a shorter neck bolt than most to compensate.

Obviously, to make good fitting adapters we need to know the typical size. My factory bolt is either too short, honestj's too long, or they come in various sizes and factory picks the one that fits best.

Calipers are preferred but we'll take estimations to nearest 1/16 inch or nearest millimeter. Only inches or millimeters is sufficient, but I have supplied both because my digital calipers make this trivial. Please also indicate head and year, so we can see if there's any correlation between bolt length and head or year of head or skeleton design. Pictures are not required (I included them just to show what I mean.)

My head is WM #74, September 2016 build. Neck bolt is 1.592" / 40.44mm in length.
Inches
Inches
size_in.jpg (115.45 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Millimeters
Millimeters
size_mm.jpg (112.08 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: How long is your doll's neck bolt?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Well, he sent you his version of Indigo20.
We wish you luck.
Can you not cut it shorter?
BCD

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

I have heads from 2013 and heads from 2017, and lots in between. WM, OR and YL. With no exception they are all exactly 40mm.

I did have a few problems with the screw being to long for one head back in 2014, but it was the resin core in the head that had the fault in the end. I sawed off about 10mm and it was all good.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Mine is a fraction of a millimeter shorter (~40.34mm). It was sent with a 2017 OR 156cm H-cup doll, head OR-001. It's shorter than I'd like, because if I screw it all the way into the neck, there's not enough sticking out to catch the threads of the head. I just have to guess how far to screw it in, and I can't see what's going on when I start spinning the head on. Really interested in that magnetic system.

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

The original M16 neck bolts are comming with some tolerance.
The bolts are around 40mm.

My original magnetic M16 head connector fits in all TPE dolls.
There was never a problem.
For the case that there are older TPE heads with smaller thread depth I provide shorter top sections for these heads.
So far only forum member Mannequin Fan had that situation.
Connector.jpg
Connector.jpg (91.49 KiB) Viewed 1782 times

piacere
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by piacere »

Mine is exactly 40mm, is for a 100cm wm doll, head 103, late 2016 model. fits perfectly but i think there would be room for even a longer one. (you know small things like big things :)) joke
It is not how fast you go, but how you go fast.
It is not how slow you go, but how you go slow.

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

If have two of exactly the same calipers JunkGuy :)
On my WM body and my two heads I have self made magnetic adapters.
All three threads are conical at the end and the depth of all three is a bit different.
So there´s no point were the bolt really stops.
The M16 bolts I got seem to have a smaller diameter than "good quality" M16 bolts or screws you get here in Germany, so the depth you can screw it in varies.
It wedges because the tap and die or whatever they use for manufacturing seems to be conical, too.
The benefit is you can screw the bolts in until they don´t wiggle anymore.

honestj
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by honestj »

The neck bolt on my 2017 WM is almost 40mm.
P1210117.JPG
P1210117.JPG (80.09 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

INFORMATIONS