www.wmdolls.com

Earrings question?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
d011user

Earrings question?

Post by d011user »

Can someone advise me on attaching earrings to TPE dolls (WMDolls)? I'm assuming that if i try to "pierce" her ears by poking small holes, the holes will eventually rip through her earlobes, ruining them? Can you share your experiences? Also interested in experiences with rings, bracelets, and necklaces, i.e. how likely are they to damage/stain the TPE skin.

p.s. I will be posting photos of my first doll soon: she just arrived Friday...
Doll Fiancé: Alexis Nicole: WM156cm H-cup Head #122 Hairstyle 10
eBay 6000g/KK breast forms (mounted on four BB&B body pillows)

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Earrings question?

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

It really depends on the head you choose. Some heads have more ear area and supple ear lobes. If so, then it is very simple to pierce with the earring posts. Again, Make sure there is enough material to structurally support. Install earrings last after dressing , moving or poses (reduces risk of snag or tear). Take out prior to rough play......As long as you are not too rough they should not tear.

If there is not much room then look for clip earrings.

Congrats on your new arrival!
:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

Gundam
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gundam »

I had a bad experience with earrings and it wasn't due to them ripping through. It seemed to be the extra weight caused tears where the lobe touched the head. I removed them before the tears got worse and I don't see the tears unless I am looking for them.

My advice, put them on for photography stuff, then remove them. I left them on or months before I realized what was happening.

Tim1111

Post by Tim1111 »

Along with the other advice you've received, go light on the weight of the earrings you choose. Heavy earrings are likely to tear the TPE, and long dangly ones are more likely to catch on something. I'd also be very deliberate when laying a doll down with earrings in, so that the backs don't get pushed into the head behind the ears and cause indents into the TPE or cause tearing to the ears.

I haven't ventured down the path of jewelry as of yet, so I don't know if the same jewelry that causes staining on human skin also causes it on TPE skin (that discoloration is usually caused by sweat interacting with the metal).

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

If you use lightweight earrings, you'll be fine for the full sized dolls. I've had Brie in earrings for days with no damage and I've seen no problems by poking holes though the TPE. If it got out of hand its an easy enough area to apply a little bit of heat to melt the TPE and reseal the holes becuase they aren't really big holes, unless you're going for plugs, which should be possible for doll's ears but probably not a good idea.

Be careful on loop shaped earrings or anything else that could get caught by hair or your fingers if you decide to keep them on for 'play time'. Advise removing them first or be careful not to touch around her ears or have the side of head brush against anything that might tug on them. In these scenarios, it could pull the earring through the lobe becuase TPE is not as strong as human skin.

I'm not sure if the heads for smaller dolls (100cm range) have as much meat in their earlobes though so if you get a small doll, get equally small earrings.

d011user

Post by d011user »

Thanks all - great advice and very helpful.

Just FYI - my doll is a full size (156cm (5ft1) H-cup Sex Doll) Head: #122.

Her lobes are fairly small, so I will try (**try**) to just keep the earrings on for photo shoots, and quiet evenings at home, sitting down watching tv and stuff like that.

It is the large hoop-y earrings i'm interested in, so will plan be careful...and will try to pierce with a small needle.

I didn't know about TPE melting under heat and melting back together - how would you apply localized heat to part of a doll? I guess I could experiment with the extra block of TPE that RLSD sent with the doll.
Doll Fiancé: Alexis Nicole: WM156cm H-cup Head #122 Hairstyle 10
eBay 6000g/KK breast forms (mounted on four BB&B body pillows)

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

To repair ear holes, heat the bottom of a metal spoon with a blowtorch, then lightly touch spoon to earlobe. TPE can melt really fast so don't get the spoon too hot or you might melt the lobe right off. Test it warm, then progressively work up the heat a little bit at a time until you get the TPE to melt (it should give off a little smoke, too.) You can also test on your spare TPE block until it melts, then apply to your dolls ear. The heat trick works to repair a number of small tears and holes in TPE, but for larger holes melting can make the problem worse. This is the torch I use to heat my spoon. Make sure you do this in a ventilated area as TPE fumes are mildly toxic.

You shouldn't really need a needle to pierce. The earring's spike is able to punch through TPE on its own. Though if you heated a needle to TPE melting temperature you could make a small, permanent hole in the ear that you reuse for earrings each time, like a real ear peircing.

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

Be careful on loop shaped earrings or anything else that could get caught by hair or your fingers if you decide to keep them on for 'play time'. Advise removing them first or be careful not to touch around her ears or have the side of head brush against anything that might tug on them. In these scenarios, it could pull the earring through the lobe becuase TPE is not as strong as human skin.
Good advice, but....
With the experience that I have gained so far, I will tell you that an accident will happen sooner or later :|
I only use clipon earrings or plain earrings with a clipon attachment.
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

I've used some earrings the last couple of weeks: all went well. Only had one break of when I had her in bed, but doll was fine. Lesson learned: you can have earrings, just take them off when you bed her ;)
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

INFORMATIONS