www.wmdolls.com

WM Skin tone variance and a hope for a standardization

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

WM Skin tone variance and a hope for a standardization

Post by DexterQuest »

I ordered two WM dolls with "Tan", but they were wildly different colors. The first one was barely tan, but it was acceptable. The second one was too tan, and I got a bit upset. At least she is still attractive to me. It's just an unhealthy tan that would turn skin to leather and cancer if continued. I try not to think of these things, but my biggest complaint is the consistency. I wanted all my girls to be sisters, but they don't really look the part and so now they are step sisters.

WM Dolls should work towards having a reliable color palette within a small variance. All the manufactures should come together for a color standards compliance and have at least 8 consistent colors we can pick from any vendor.
  • White ("Pale")
    Fair ("Natural")
    Pink ("Blushing")
    Golden Tan ("Honey"/"California Tan")
    Medium Tan (middle between fair and tan)
    Tan ("Dark Tan")
    Cocoa
    Black ("Chocolate")
For my third WM doll, I'm telling the vendor to please do a "medium" golden/honey tan. I have a reference picture and I would encourage everyone who makes an order to send a set of photos for the color you are hoping for in contrast to what you don't want.

First I sent the picture complaining about how the "Tan" was so different.
1467_tan_compare.jpg
1467_tan_compare.jpg (364.54 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
The response was that every doll will be different. Skin tone consistency is my only real complaint between these two wonderful dolls. It would be nice of their inserts also matched too.

Here is what I've sent to the vendor for my new order. I would encourage everyone send in something similar for future orders. You might have one order that went well. And don't want you guys to be surprised with a second order. Definitely send in pictures of your existing doll if you are hoping for a color likeness.
OrderColorReference.jpg
OrderColorReference.jpg (217.24 KiB) Viewed 4243 times

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: WM Skin tone variance and a hope for a standardization

Post by Nord »

Wow that looks way too different to just be blamed on "every doll is different". I can understand if there is a slight difference, especially if ordered a whole year or more apart, but not that exteme, unless they officially announce that they are adjusting their skin-color options for whatever reason.

I did have a similar experience with WM, as I originally ordered my doll with a head with closed eyes, I decided to get the matching head with eyes open as well about 2 months later. I had the "natural" skin color on both, but the new head with opened eyes was noticeably more pink, although it depended much on the overall lighting in the room. I didn't care much though because there will be makeup and wig on top of it anyway. Not anywhere close to your example though!
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

It is all in the eye of the beholder.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

If the "same" color can vary, that's one quality control problem.

Not even attempting to produce a doll in the color you ordered would be another, separate quality control problem.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

That's two different vendors and they may have had different names for colors, so I'm not sure its a fair complaint. But in my opinion SRSD ordered or WM made you a cocoa doll in error, becuase that shouldn't be considered tan in any vendor's catalog.

Before placing an order, check out other dolls offered from your vendor using the name they supply for the skintone. If they have dolls in 'tan', or whatever color you want, tell your vendor you want the same skintone as <dollname> from their website. Pegging it to one of their dolls helps you define your wishes to them and when it arrives if its not a reasonbly close match then either WM or your vendor has let you down. Good vendors will replace if you're not satisfied.

Also, always always always ask for factory photos - your issue could have been solved before she left the factory by showing you your second doll was way too dark.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

My 1am Tan looks an aweful lot like the one on the left so yeah... might be vendor specific?

That does look pretty damn dark though.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

JunkGuy wrote:Also, always always always ask for factory photos - your issue could have been solved before she left the factory by showing you your second doll was way too dark.
The factory didn't send me the color I asked for. By a huge "coincidence", the factory didn't send me the pre-shipment photos I asked for either.

You should always ask for factory photos, and you should be very suspicious when you don't get them.

alanseveneleven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by alanseveneleven »

Sorry this happened to you Dex. Tan is my top choice as well and this will likely keep me away from going to WM. Quality control is one thing, telling you to take a hike when it's their fault is another.

You should protest that your 2nd doll is beyond tan and abnormal. WM should replace her for you. If WM doesn't come through I will be scratching them off my next place to shop. You should do the same friend.

LJ69
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by LJ69 »

That is totally shit that you can get two such vastly different TAN dolls. Ridiculous. I have 5 dolls all NATURAL skin tone and I am always extremely diligent in making sure that I emphasize exactly what I want, especially when ordering from people who English is not their first/main language. I always send photo examples of what I want.

So far I have been fortunate in that all 5 dolls are very similar in body tone. I say fortunate after seeing your bad luck but in reality it should be pretty simple. Manufacturers should know that we want to mix-and-match different doll bodies and heads and have a duty of care to make sure that a WM TAN doll is the same tone as an OR TAN doll or a YL TAN doll. Considering as WM OR and YL all come from the same Jinsan factory then it should be an easy task to keep the same skin tone consistency.

Alas we live in a flawed world and mistakes happen but you should never have gotten such a vast contrast in skin tones. Simply unacceptable.

sakurafan1217

Post by sakurafan1217 »

Has anyone had this issue with RealLoveSexDolls?
That's where I plan on ordering my doll from, I'm looking at this model.

https://reallovesexdolls.com/lifelike-r ... l-delight/

Sense this is a pre-made model they order all the time, they should have the color set right?
Has anyone ordered a "Tan" doll from RealLoveSexDolls and had a problem?
Kinda has me worried, because like DexterQuest called it, the goal should be "California Tan", not Indian.
My Dolls:
Remy & Kyra WM160A
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=146319
Ashley WM140A (My first doll)
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=94403
Ana WM82B Torso
viewtopic.php?f=240&t=128927

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

I didn't have a problem with skin tone, but areola color. I ordered from RLSD and the factory photos they sent had dark brown areola and nipples which wasn't present on the 165K model I was basing Brie on (i.e., I pegged it to one of their models.) I asked if they could recolor and they did, no questions asked. This is why you want factory photos and, when possible, features to match the dolls from the vendor's website for comparison purposes.

RLSD also now offers an on-site factory inspection by someone getting paid by them, so they can make absolutely sure everything about the doll is exactly what you want before they ship, not just the things you can see in factory photos.

If you have concerns, go with a vendor that offers a satisfaction guarantee and buys back the doll if it doesn't match what you had in mind. RLSD will and I'm sure there are some others that do as well.

JCnine
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JCnine »

sakurafan1217 wrote:Has anyone had this issue with RealLoveSexDolls?
That's where I plan on ordering my doll from, I'm looking at this model.

https://reallovesexdolls.com/lifelike-r ... l-delight/

Sense this is a pre-made model they order all the time, they should have the color set right?
Has anyone ordered a "Tan" doll from RealLoveSexDolls and had a problem?
Kinda has me worried, because like DexterQuest called it, the goal should be "California Tan", not Indian.
I've heard mostly good things about RLSD. You might want to check out this guys thread. He ordered that exact preconfigured doll so it should give you a good idea of what she will look like when she gets to your doorstep! http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=71297
Pics of my beautiful Yumiko, Eris, and Kammie!
viewtopic.php?t=177041

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Good post, DexterQuest. Asking for all companies to agree on standards may be requesting too much, but for individual manufacturers to demand certain naming conventions from their vendors seems fair, and a good way of ensuring the protection of their brand.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

RC3291

Post by RC3291 »

Wow That's a lot of difference. I'd guess someone made a mistake between the vendors and manufacturers. What head is one the doll on the left?
Holly 150cm of 6ye joy from BCD

Sexy Sex Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Sexy Sex Doll »

every vendor has different names on the Jinsan skin colour, agree that vendors should unify their naming convention
SSD Massive Sex Doll Models Collection
- Free shipping
- We help EU customers to handle Import Duty and VAT
- FREE Gifts

Review on SSD
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=84705
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=86570
First i like to thank Sexysexdoll for the whole transaction process. It was by far the best purchase experience with a vendor i ever made.
They have a really good relationship to the manufacturers, get fast in contact with them to solve problems directly or change something shortly.
Biggest recommendation i can give!!
Free Take Care Kit For Big Sex Doll Purchase
*Limited Time Only*

INFORMATIONS