www.yourdoll.com

Finding nice dresses for below size 0 dolls (4'10" to 5'0")

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Finding nice dresses for below size 0 dolls (4'10" to 5

Post by Diaval »

lilbitlonely wrote:
Diaval wrote:As you said, with Swap.com, I was greeted with the S/M/L for the size of a particular item.
At Swap, you can use their filters so that you only see women's size xxs/00 (or any other size).
Attached image: 3 steps separated by green bars - note the mouse locations.
You can also use this method to search for specific children's clothing sizes.

Oh, that is good that you can filter them. But the thing is since Swap is mostly private sellers, they do not have the actual measurements. More than likely, one would have to look up the manufacturer of the dress and find out the exact dimensions.
ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:Yeah most of the other items I have to get for my DS is girls size 4/5 or 6/7 but girls dresses I'm not sure about maybe 11-12.

I think $50 is not bad fro a dress if it's high quality, sometimes you get what you pay for.
It seems that for the 6YE 150cm B/cup, the children's sizes seem to work very well. As it is, even with adult sized 00 or XXS, it can run large.

$50 is kind of my upper limit. I have seen very nice dresses in the $20 category too. Second hand, even better deals are to be had.

TPEsnack wrote:
Jiyeon wrote:Diaval only thing to watch out for when purchasing cheaper clothing is some companies used low grade dyes that have a nasty habit of staining the silicon, mosty the reason i buy most expensive clothing is to prevent any damage that may result from that.
Thank you for this practical warning.

I suspect that secondhand clothes are less likely to have this problem (having been washed multiple times). I have noticed 2nd hand dolls with some outrageously ugly dye stains. So this is where it comes from!
Yeah, I thought I was getting away with this problem by going with silicone as it is well know with TPE. BUT as it turns out, it can happen to silicone too. Worse, I like darker colors! So yeah either I am going to have to go second hand, a better quality blend that doesn't bleed, or go lighter colors.
I figure a fun way of giving a finger to the man and laughing all the way to the bank would be for someone somewhere to start a clothing design, manufacture and online retail sales company that caters to this market niche, including fetish and lingerie for Junior Miss. Sizes only of course. I am sure the market and even the law allows for it in many places. *Just* a matter of will and money.
That is true and if the market keeps increasing for love dolls, then so would the need for clothing.
Diaval wrote:Depending on the cut, size 0 is also too small. In my case, I like smaller breasts so that compounds the problem. However, I think XXS or 00 sizes would work.
Judging by your doll's measurements, a size xs/0 would actually be too large for your doll. Size xxs/00 is smaller, but might still be a bit baggy on your doll.
Yes, sorry, I meant to say too large. That isn't my doll as of yet, but one I am considering.
My doll's measurements are 30-22-32 and size xxs fits her like a glove. (Size xs is more comfortable for her to wear.)
According to this (http://www.sizeguide.net/size-guide-chi ... chart.html) your doll should be about a children's size 8-10.

Here is a search I just filtered for children's sizes 8, 9, and 10 dresses/skirts. If you scroll down a bit, there are some decent outfits that would pass for adult style clothing.
https://www.swap.com/shop/kids-apparel/ ... 0%22%5D%7D
Thank you, I will take a peek.

Diaval

blondLab

Re: Finding nice dresses for below size 0 dolls (4'10" to 5

Post by blondLab »

OMG Gold Mine!!!! Poshmark.com has both new and used stuff and lots and lots of XS, size zero etc!!! And super cheap $4 and $5 each gets you lots of choices!!!

INFORMATIONS