www.ordoll.com

Possibility of "furry" doll heads?

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
rizzo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Possibility of "furry" doll heads?

Post by rizzo »

Hey check this out:
https://www.the-doll-house.com/heads-wm ... build.html

Anyone want to throw in for a custom head?

rizzo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rizzo »

I sent an email to Bernal (the guy who does the art I like) asking him about his thoughts on it, and he said he would design the head and maybe front a few hundred $ if he could be the one who gets the royalty from the sales. Let's get this ball rolling.

WiRay

Post by WiRay »

rubherkitty wrote: Now here's something. One thing I miss about dolls vs a human female, and I've mentioned this before, is the soft peach fuzz hairs on a woman that is not normally shaven. Like fine hairs on the stomach, lower back and little side burn fuzz.
To be in the presence of a beautiful tanned blonde and see beads of water or sweat clinging to the fine wet hairs is quite a turn on for me anyway.
Mmm. Did I mention I like blondes? Youth did have it's advantages ... sand on the beach getting where it should not was not one of them though, lol

WiRay

Post by WiRay »

rubherkitty wrote:
I don't know how you would make a realistic furry. The hair would either have to be fake fabric or actual animal pelts. This would have to be coated on the inside w/ silicone and grafted onto a doll or just use the fur as a skin for a stuffed type doll.

Unless someone is up to the challenge to actually root in hair on a complete doll.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=226 Textile doll. Worth checking out, if you haven't already. Although the US maker might be better for this direction?

http://velourvixens.com/home.html

ImaAssManSkibbyDee
Former Member

Post by ImaAssManSkibbyDee »

rizzo wrote:I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in "furry" style heads (I personally would be) and if there are not many other people into it, what would be a good way to go about getting one made? Obviously it wouldn't have actual fur on it but at least the general look.
Something like this:
This is a really good idea, custom shapes etc. could bring a big client base to the market, every niche in sci fi has at least 100 fans willing to pay for something of quality designed in a likeness to characters that they love or at least lust after lol.

If I'm not mistaken that is "Sasha" from SexyFur... very nice model to select, i would be into this as well. I'd probably go for a Rogue the bat model though :haha4:

Jeremy Bernal*** One of my favorite artists.

NSFW Image below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hydra12345
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Hydra12345 »

RudyRay wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:I see nothing dumb about his idea. Why does everything have to fit some kind of normal to get a pass?
There are small full figure dolls and well as Ruby13's that would look good as furry's. Maybe he wants a tall skinny purple rabbit w/a green bunny tail? Who are we to judge.
Don't worry Rizzo you are not any different from the rest of us doll owners, you'll be surprised how many pictures of dolls being dress up in bunny outfits and masks on TDF.

I think there's a much cheaper way to do this. It's probably best not to buy your doll custom-made from the doll manufacturer because that would cost too much. Instead what you should do is invest in buying a furry head to fit over you doll's head just like the costumes people wear at those Anthrocon conventions. If you want to go further then buy the whole costume what ever makes you happy. The fun thing is you'll have the choice of having a regular doll oneday or playing with a furry doll the next.

I'll bet most here would turn into wild animals themselves after having sex with one of these dolls :twisted:
FURRY COSTUME.jpg
This has been what most sites have suggested. Anthro dolls in general would be a bit too expensive to make, but it would be nice to have a doll with a plush exterior, and silicone interior. A fur suit to cover a doll can be a bit much already on top of a doll purchase, and it can be difficult to find one that has access areas for... full usage.
A newcomer to the Silicone Valley

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

rizzo wrote:I sent an email to Bernal (the guy who does the art I like) asking him about his thoughts on it, and he said he would design the head and maybe front a few hundred $ if he could be the one who gets the royalty from the sales. Let's get this ball rolling.
Two things would have to happen for me to jump on this:

1.) The artist and the custom head maker need to enter negotiations on what this would take from each party and establish some clearly defined specifications, especially where it comes to actual fur vs painted / dyed TPE / silicone, things the prospective buyers can also agree they'd be willing to actually pay for.
2.) All of us that would be interested would have to agree on 1 head so that the costs don't stay high and they can just churn out several identical ones reusing molds, custom sized eyes or other custom components. This part is essential to get cost down but also becomes increasingly more difficult as the number of potential interested parties increases.

Imagine 5 or 10 people having to agree on 1 head unanimously that we would all be willing to buy. Everyone's tastes are radically different, as I saw in the x/s head design contest among my team. Could we even all agree on Canidae https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canidae vs. Leporidae https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leporidae vs. Felidae https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felidae vs. etc... (and of course there are anywhere from dozens to hundreds of variations in every instance, so while a fox inspired one might be attractive to me, a domesticated dog or wolf really isn't, and for everyone that can be different and conflicting)
Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

To breathe a bit of new life into this discussion, I just came across some examples of what a fur-less anthro head irl might look like. There have been a number made in the form of 1/6 scale BJDs. I feel like these are good examples that this can be done in a "cute" way still. Some look good, some kinda off I guess, but they're something...

Thoughts? I tried to stick with ones that had an actual 3d mouth rather than drawn, for more realism.

I located these on this page:
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/anthro,dearmine
and:
http://flickrhivemind.net/Tags/dearminedoll/Recent

There is one existing doll head which comes to mind as being somewhat close to these. It's not an approved vendor, and I won't name them, and have also mirrored the image with another provider. I'm not sure if even posting a nameless image is breaking the rule? I'm trying to step on zero toes here. I just want to show what I know of as the closest current head to these designs. Imagining if the lips and nose were replaced and the ears changed, of course...

Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

Lilith Un Rama
Doll MILF
Location: TDF DOLL QUEEN- On my throne of Bones DOWNUNDER-keeping Maestro Un Rama under some control

Post by Lilith Un Rama »

8O Some lovely catgals there, and that last elf one is similar to what Samara is working on to :thumbs_up:

Lily
Humans :
ALPHA DAEMON is ANUNG
BETA MALE PROVIDERS ...every other male on TDF... human or demon...Giggles...Love you all!

"Anung is Mine as I am his, but I am also my own legion of women with our own opinions...So if I growl at you or give you a frowny face, it is probably because you were being a goose and your post offended someone...namely me!

ImageImageImageImage

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

She Devil Lilith wrote:similar to what Samara is working on to :thumbs_up:
This sounds interesting and I might have missed it (and am having a hard time finding it in search), can you link it pretty pretty please (with a cherry 2000 on top?) :wink:

Or maybe it is top secret... Haha
Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

roninfiertze wrote:
She Devil Lilith wrote:similar to what Samara is working on to :thumbs_up:
This sounds interesting and I might have missed it (and am having a hard time finding it in search), can you link it pretty pretty please (with a cherry 2000 on top?) :wink:

Or maybe it is top secret... Haha
This one I think...

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... f#p1025476

Sam has taken it a step further with the eye colours to....

Anung :D

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

I've had some good dealings with George so when his new site is done and things calm down I may ask him what the cost of a custom order would be for something like this. Perhaps detachable ears that insert with pins into the head so wigs can work with modification.

I'm sure it'll be expensive... but it would also open up the possibility of others to get the head cheaper if he kept offering it.

Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

rizzo wrote:I sent an email to Bernal (the guy who does the art I like) asking him about his thoughts on it, and he said he would design the head and maybe front a few hundred $ if he could be the one who gets the royalty from the sales. Let's get this ball rolling.

Any update with this? JB is one of my favorite artists as well and this idea is very intriguing. Part of my personal hesitation is that I don't know how well I'd like a furry doll that's not, well, furry :razz:

Part of the appeal (for me) is the feeling of the soft fur. It's been suggested before, but if you haven't already take a gander at Coyote9's work. He's doing some great things.

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=252

http://velourvixens.com/

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

Nyarlat wrote: Part of the appeal (for me) is the feeling of the soft fur.

I did speak with another manufacturer and they suggested stippling the surface of the silicone to make it like a peach fuzz. Still would be very short though and not like actual fur. I agree that is more appealing, just trying to figure out how it can be done nicely.
Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

Nyarlat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nyarlat »

roninfiertze wrote:I did speak with another manufacturer and they suggested stippling the surface of the silicone to make it like a peach fuzz.
Hmm that's a good idea, and certainly a step towards progress.
roninfiertze wrote:<snip>, just trying to figure out how it can be done nicely.
That's the real problem. Trying to get a cost effective way to do something like this that would have potential for sales (we are dealing with businesses after all :razz: ) when the easiest and least expensive answer right now is to go plush.

And believe me, I am in no way bashing plush, I have four plush dolls right now and another on the way (from velour vixens as a matter of fact, based closely off of JB's Champagne :razz: ).. I love plush. It is interesting though to see if a furry doll could be done well with a silicone "base"

INFORMATIONS