www.ordoll.com

How to counter color fading?

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
bluefield02
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

How to counter color fading?

Post by bluefield02 »

Hello, I recently purchase an Ordoll and its been close to a month now, but I notice the color on the nipples (was suppose to be dark brown) seem to fade overtime where as the nipple of the doll is close to the color of the doll itself. Is there anything I can do to counter this?

ILoveCoffee

Re: How to counter color fading?

Post by ILoveCoffee »

bluefield02 wrote:Hello, I recently purchase an Ordoll and its been close to a month now, but I notice the color on the nipples (was suppose to be dark brown) seem to fade overtime where as the nipple of the doll is close to the color of the doll itself. Is there anything I can do to counter this?
Somebody has been kissing and sucking on their doll's breasts! :whistle: It is an easy fix. Use powder matte makeup with a medium makeup brush to re-vitalize the nipples and areola. Look for an inexpensive makeup palette such as LA Colors in your local pharmacy or discount store. They come in different color ranges. This is part of normal maintenance if you play with your doll.

You can also use the same technique for other parts of the body. I color Sanae's vulva and labia this way to make her look more realistic.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Coffee
  • Sanae
  • RLSD 140 D
  • #33 Head
  • Brown MannequinFan Eyes (or Deep Blue or Deep Green or Light Green or "Mia" Green or Light Blue)
  • Auburn Hair (#10), but several more wigs
  • Medium Skin Tone
  • French Manicure Nails
  • Stand up Feet w/ MF screw caps
Visit Sanae's Doll Album at http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14809
Proud member of the Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force since 2017.

bluefield02
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bluefield02 »

Thank you for the quick reply. i'll do this

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

ILoveCoffee, you mentioned about doing this to put the color on but what about it coming off easily? i mentioned something earlier about some of the better lipgloss etc. that are suppose to stay on really good . i just wonder how easy the make up comes off the breast?

ILoveCoffee

Post by ILoveCoffee »

timetraveler1 wrote:ILoveCoffee, you mentioned about doing this to put the color on but what about it coming off easily? i mentioned something earlier about some of the better lipgloss etc. that are suppose to stay on really good . i just wonder how easy the make up comes off the breast?
It just depends on how much you "play" with them. Anything will come off if you suck on them enough. The matte powder, in my opinion, looks more realistic, and it's fun doing the occasional touch up.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Coffee
  • Sanae
  • RLSD 140 D
  • #33 Head
  • Brown MannequinFan Eyes (or Deep Blue or Deep Green or Light Green or "Mia" Green or Light Blue)
  • Auburn Hair (#10), but several more wigs
  • Medium Skin Tone
  • French Manicure Nails
  • Stand up Feet w/ MF screw caps
Visit Sanae's Doll Album at http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14809
Proud member of the Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force since 2017.

Apogee

Post by Apogee »

Incidentally, when I ordered my doll, I think I had chosen 'natural' as a nipple areola color and she arrived with nipples and breasts of the same color. Which means it almost looks like she has no areola at all if it weren't for the erect nipples to indicate they're there. I don't mind it though, but have been toying with the idea of coloring them up some how.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Actually with the way some colors come off and stay on tpe material , maybe some experimentation might work with dark brown colors to see what will actually fade and stay on a dolls arola area . i had something black fade onto the fingers in a small area and is still on it been about a month or more , so maybe somehow the same can be done with a brown color ?

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

What kind of paint/dye does the factory use to color the areola? Whatever they use seems to be the best looking and longest lasting option, so I'd think it would be for sale pretty much everywhere dolls are sold. To the contrary, I've looked at many doll websites and haven't seen anything of the kind. TPE repair kits for physical damage, yes. No paint/dye.

I've searched TDF, and there are many questions that touch on this, but the answers all sound speculative rather than definitive - along the lines of, "You could try x, y, and z...". Has anyone asked the manufacturers? Are the manufacturers refusing to answer? Is it a case of "planned obsolescence", where they'd rather you buy a whole new doll?

I just want to buy whatever the manufacturer is using. "Shut up and take my money!" :)

Stevo85

Post by Stevo85 »

timetraveler1 wrote:Actually with the way some colors come off and stay on tpe material , maybe some experimentation might work with dark brown colors to see what will actually fade and stay on a dolls arola area . i had something black fade onto the fingers in a small area and is still on it been about a month or more , so maybe somehow the same can be done with a brown color ?
That reminds me of the time I put lipstick on my doll. I bought a crayon type for ease of use. The stuff wouldnt stick so I couldnt touch it let alone kiss her for the duration it wason. Wich bummed me out a bit.

When I removed it several days later though, some of it had been absorbed into her lips. Leaving pink residue that lasted for quite some time. Although I now regret not counting it.

Ill apply it again sometime and keep closer track.

Like you said, using it with different colors may have a favorable effect on the nipples and the labia.

That reminds me: What kind of paint do they use to color the labia and nipples? I assume they use the same to apply the semi permanent lipstick on a newly made head?
Kind regards,

Stevo

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Stevo85 wrote:That reminds me: What kind of paint do they use to color the labia and nipples? I assume they use the same to apply the semi permanent lipstick on a newly made head?
I just asked ORdoll, but wasn't understood. So then I rephrased, asking if the color was paint, dye or makeup. The answer was, "make up the color". I don't know if that means "some unstated type of makeup" or "mix up some unstated ingredients", but I don't want to keep bothering her.

A Google search for "TPE dye" turned up this page. I don't have the chemistry background to understand it, and I don't know what brand/formula of TPE is in the current generation of OR dolls... but even so, this is really interesting:
Liquid Colorants

Liquid colorants can be used successfully if the carriers are compatible with (SEBS) or (SBS) based TPEs. Mineral oil carriers work well with most of the Dynaflex and Kraton TPE’s. Paraffin oil carriers are compatible, but they have a slight plasticizing effect and can soften the TPEs. Aromatic carriers cannot be used because they will attack the materials styrene end blocks.
I've seen mineral oil suggested as a carrier before, and that is what's pulling the dye out of doll clothes and causing unwanted stains, so it stands to reason that it can cause wanted stains too (as suggested above). Maybe a mixture of clothing dye and mineral oil (and/or Vaseline, for stickiness) would be worth trying on a sample chunk of TPE. I guess my main concern would be that the dye is non-toxic/edible. Maybe food coloring instead...

The bit about how paraffin oil has "...a slight plasticizing effect and can soften the TPEs" is also very interesting to me because my doll is not as soft as the videos led me to believe - but that's a whole other ball of wax.

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

ZZZZ wrote:What kind of paint/dye does the factory use to color the areola? Whatever they use seems to be the best looking and longest lasting option, so I'd think it would be for sale pretty much everywhere dolls are sold. To the contrary, I've looked at many doll websites and haven't seen anything of the kind. TPE repair kits for physical damage, yes. No paint/dye.

I've searched TDF, and there are many questions that touch on this, but the answers all sound speculative rather than definitive - along the lines of, "You could try x, y, and z...". Has anyone asked the manufacturers? Are the manufacturers refusing to answer? Is it a case of "planned obsolescence", where they'd rather you buy a whole new doll?

I just want to buy whatever the manufacturer is using. "Shut up and take my money!" :)
Yeah ZZZZ, I'd like to know this answer as well. Whatever the factory uses seems to hold up for awhile anyway, so I'd like to find what it is too; it wouldn't be a big deal to do a touch up every few months. Most of what I've read on TDF comes from photographers, who just want it to look good for pics. I want something that will hold up & stay in place after kissing. I don't think dry makeup or lip gloss would be a good option for what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know what the factory applies, and if so, where to get it?

charliedoll

Post by charliedoll »

The tip about using powder matte to color the nipples and lips is fantastic!! She has never looked better and the nipple color is even better than when I originally got her. I did get a few strange looks when I went to walmart to buy the make up, but what the hell. Next time I might order it online. The great thing is if you want to change colors you can! Great recommendation I will keep on using!

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

ILoveCoffee wrote:
bluefield02 wrote:Hello, I recently purchase an Ordoll and its been close to a month now, but I notice the color on the nipples (was suppose to be dark brown) seem to fade overtime where as the nipple of the doll is close to the color of the doll itself. Is there anything I can do to counter this?
Somebody has been kissing and sucking on their doll's breasts! :whistle: It is an easy fix. Use powder matte makeup with a medium makeup brush to re-vitalize the nipples and areola. Look for an inexpensive makeup palette such as LA Colors in your local pharmacy or discount store. They come in different color ranges. This is part of normal maintenance if you play with your doll.

You can also use the same technique for other parts of the body. I color Sanae's vulva and labia this way to make her look more realistic.
Hmm...
LA colors face powder or eye shadow?
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_asi_1?r ... 1502850568
TY
D

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

charliedoll wrote:The tip about using powder matte to color the nipples and lips is fantastic!! She has never looked better and the nipple color is even better than when I originally got her. I did get a few strange looks when I went to walmart to buy the make up, but what the hell. Next time I might order it online. The great thing is if you want to change colors you can! Great recommendation I will keep on using!
Could you share with us a picture of the results and the EXACT La Color product you used (eye shadow or face powder)?
TY

INFORMATIONS