www.ordoll.com

request to ordoll for video on lifting dolls

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

request to ordoll for video on lifting dolls

Post by timetraveler1 »

I have seen on the forum many people complaining about dolls being to heavy and or asking how to lift dolls etc.
I think it would be a good idea for ordoll to create a video showing different full size dolls and a man carrying them , what is the best way maybe up to 15 feet.
I think doing this would really help a lot of people who may be carrying dolls wrongly which is causing them problems . 8O :cry:
:D it would be good to have the video on this forum area and also on your doll web site .

I hope you also think this is a good idea and do it to help customers and future customers . :D

subcom117
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: request to ordoll for video on lifting dolls

Post by subcom117 »

A 15 foot doll?? :lol: I don't have a chance of lifting her.

OK, all kidding aside, as you posted this, I was just searching and reading threads about how to safely carry our gals. YouTube has many videos about lifting and moving patients, some of which are immobile, that are applicable. I do think it would be helpful if manufacturers and/or vendors would provide videos to teach us how to properly and safely lift and carry our gals.

For that matter, I would appreciate seeing a video demonstrating the range of motion of the joints in the doll. The joints on my doll are very tight and, not knowing exactly how far they are expected to move in each direction or how much effort it should take, I think I am being overly cautious from my lack of knowledge.
timetraveler1 wrote:a video showing different full size dolls and a man carrying them , what is the best way maybe up to 15 feet.
timetraveler1 wrote:I have seen on the forum many people complaining about dolls being to heavy and or asking how to lift dolls etc.
I think it would be a good idea for ordoll to create a video showing different full size dolls and a man carrying them , what is the best way maybe up to 15 feet.
I think doing this would really help a lot of people who may be carrying dolls wrongly which is causing them problems . 8O :cry:
:D it would be good to have the video on this forum area and also on your doll web site .

I hope you also think this is a good idea and do it to help customers and future customers . :D

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

up to 15 feet , as in carrying up to 15 feet of distance !! :D 8O :whistle: :roll: :wink:

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

the silence is deafening on this matter !! 8O i think i even hear crickets ! :lol: :wink:
but seriously it would be nice if a doll company and or vendors showed the best way to carry dolls to prevent damage and making it easier to move a doll around .
I have heard some people carry the doll like a bride next to your chest in your arms , "But" yeah you knew there was going to a but in their somewhere lol , i wouldn't get through a doorway that way from one room to the next , i have a place that's keeping an eye out for me a used (cheap) but in good shape wheel chair , then i only have to move her into the wheel chair and move her out of it in another room . which will be and no pun intended "a load off my back!!!" :D :wink:

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Greetings -
It would be helpful to see - at least some pics of different carry styles.

The first thing that comes to mind, is the different techniques that firemen use. The 'bridal' carry is what I do most - Nikki is only 45# so it's not that big a deal. But after moving her around half a day for photos she begins to feel like carrying a barbell around the house. And yes, you have to plan ahead for doorways.

You could do an over the shoulder I suppose. But I would be concerned about her fingers getting dorked up. But I couldn't do that with Shelby. As I wrote in a another thread - It's quite disconcerting to have your girls head fall off while you are carrying her. It's like, crap, do I stop and put it back on, or just take her where I was going and come back for it? :-)

You definately would not want to do the 'drag' by the wrists, or ankles - for obvious reasons.

I know people use a wheelchair. At the point I get a full-size gal I'll likely go with a 'hand truck', assuming I have a girl that can stand reasonably well. Call it the 'Hannibal Lector' design.

The only other carry I remember is the hug - where you hug her back under the arms and walk backward so her feet are dragging.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

as of now i carry her by picking her up under her arms (arm pit area) and lift her and carry her , it hasn't cause any problems under her arms . she is usually in a sitting position .

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

timetraveler1 wrote:as of now i carry her by picking her up under her arms (arm pit area) and lift her and carry her.
Don't.

This is nothing specific for OR doll and I think it has been adressed many times on the forum. Carry your TPE doll (and probably silicone doll too) bridal style. There are tons of photos or videos when you google it if you need step-by-step instructions.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i did find this with illustrations on this web page on bridal groom or lifting a woman .
http://www.wikihow.com/Carry-a-Girl

and this :

http://www.wikihow.com/Carry-Your-Sleeping-Girl-to-Bed

I guess i will try it to see if i can and through a narrow doorway carefully . otherwise i am still looking for a cheap wheel chair at a second hand store .

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

The only thing I can add on is next
The most important for your own health is "always lift with your legs / knees and never lift with your back"
Even if you want to just pick up a piece of paper.
An error that makes the great majority of the world :cry:
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

symmes

Post by symmes »

Virgin_Doll wrote:The most important for your own health is "always lift with your legs / knees and never lift with your back"
A while back I had some minor back pain that suddenly flared into such bad pain that I literally passed out from it. (I think I was out for just a few seconds.) The ER doctor said that I'd most likely suffered from a series of what he called "micro-injuries" from things like bending down to pick up a pencil incorrectly. Thus, your comment about picking up paper correctly is well supported by that particular doctor and my own experience! I've since replaced my office chair with a more ergonomic model and I am much more careful about how I bend to pick things up.

coolumbia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by coolumbia »

Virgin_Doll wrote:The only thing I can add on is next
The most important for your own health is "always lift with your legs / knees and never lift with your back"
I often envisage myself doing something to my back and how the situation will play out when a paramedic turns up 8O

INFORMATIONS