www.textiledoll.com

Soft night head "Cartoon"

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Re: Soft night head "Cartoon"

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Great idea and a very cute face!
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

ohlongjohn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ohlongjohn »

I'd actually love a head like this with open eyes. The normal head worries me. I'd be afraid to damage it. Something like this but with open eyes would be perfect.

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

ohlongjohn wrote:I'd actually love a head like this with open eyes. The normal head worries me. I'd be afraid to damage it. Something like this but with open eyes would be perfect.
Talk to Jury, he may well be able to do something along those lines for you. However, you shouldn't be concerned about the perceived fragility of the standard head. I did manage to damage Signe's head through my own complete stupidity, but frankly a silicone or TPE head would probably have suffered equally badly in the same situation. The standard heads are tougher than you might think as long as you take due care - which this lunkhead failed to do. Anyhow, thanks to Jury's superb repair job, Signe is back as good as new. I think the cartoon heads are a brilliant addition to, but not replacement for, the beautiful standard heads. After all, who could fail to fall in love with this ?
Signe portrait.jpg
Signe portrait.jpg (543.93 KiB) Viewed 4739 times
Not me, that's for sure.

Textile Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Textile Doll »

Signe slightly damaged, so I had to make a maxillo - facial surgery. :D
Heads is strong enough, she is made of synthetic resin. But her eyelashes fragile, as any doll, including silicone.
For this purpose, i made soft head, that night is not worried about the safety of face..
Can be made head with open eyes. But I do focus on realistic faces, and do not give much attention to soft heads. :painting:

anataus

Post by anataus »

In my opinion a fabric head should be a must for a fabric doll
Normally people purchase fabric doll for cuddling , an hard head , even if very beautiful , is not appreciated
However the most important feature is the feeling to the touch
Of course a fabric doll can not be as realistic as a TPE/SILICONE doll but she must be soft and smooth and warm but not that soft and that smooth. :) ...the right compromise
That's the reason why TDB's are so popular even though they are a kind of monsters in comparison to the textile beauties
You are not that much intersted in the quality of the seams when you lies with your doll :D

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

anataus wrote:In my opinion a fabric head should be a must for a fabric doll
Normally people purchase fabric doll for cuddling , an hard head , even if very beautiful , is not appreciated
However the most important feature is the feeling to the touch
Of course a fabric doll can not be as realistic as a TPE/SILICONE doll but she must be soft and smooth and warm but not that soft and that smooth. :) ...the right compromise
That's the reason why TDB's are so popular even though they are a kind of monsters in comparison to the textile beauties
You are not that much intersted in the quality of the seams when you lies with your doll :D
I'm afraid we are going to have to disagree on this one.

Do most people purchase a fabric doll for cuddling? Maybe that was the case previously before Textile Dolls became available. No other fabric doll commercially available has such a highly developed skeleton and possesses a degree of humanistic realism that can, with care in posing, achieve degrees of photo-realism approaching those of a silicone or TPE doll. I have two TBDs. If I wanted a doll for cuddling they already do a great job. It was her beauty and poseability that was instrumental in my choice of a Textile Doll. That she turned out to be a great cuddle too is a happy accident.

Signe has shared my bed for the night on numerous occasions and her 'hard head' has not proved a problem or made her in any way less cuddly to me than my TBDs. In fact, I would venture to say that the effect of a hard skull cushioned by hair is closer to the feel of a real girl in that situation than would be a TB or other soft headed doll. If you have a real woman partner too try gently tapping your knuckles on the top of her head in the middle of the night :uhoh:. When you have recovered from the knee to your vitals which will undoubtedly be her response :bad-words:, you might think that the action felt pretty similar to doing the same to your Textile Doll rather than the unrealistic softness of your Teddybabe.
anataus wrote: Of course a fabric doll can not be as realistic as a TPE/SILICONE doll
Maybe not, but she can certainly get into the same ball park - to a much greater extent than ever previously possible with a fabric skin doll.......
DSC01230.JPG
DSC01230.JPG (580.9 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
DSC01103.JPG
DSC01103.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 4679 times
DSCN0028(N).JPG
DSCN0028(N).JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 4679 times
DSC01028.JPG
DSC01028.JPG (656.43 KiB) Viewed 4679 times
....... and I'm sure a more skilled photographer could achieve so much more than my humble efforts. Textile Dolls skeleton also enables them to achieve some poses not available to some types of high-end dolls. For example, a Textile Doll can sit cross legged in a way that Realdolls cannot.

Choice is a great thing and to have both types of head available is a real advancement which should keep everyone happy, no matter what their priorities. However, I for one fully understand and support Jury's wish to concentrate his efforts on producing his beautiful fabric and resin head sculpts.

Still, there you go ... vive la differance.

anataus

Post by anataus »

Well , maybe Textile dolls can be a price valued alternative for photography but claiming that they can even compete with Silicone / TPE dolls in terms of quality, regardless of the price...I'm afraid we are going to have to disagree on this one.

Do you think that Michelangelo could sculpt his masterpieces using clay instead of Marble ?

The standard head is fine , because it is made of resin, thus it is not fit for cuddling :)

If the manufacturer assume that " beauty " is his first priority then he is bound to fail
I dont know how many textile dolls there are around, I dont think that many since it is a new brand

If some one will post something like
"The doll is handsome, no question, but well the boobs are not squeezable , the feeling to the touch is so and so...and so on " The initial enthusiam shall fade away

The manufacture should focus on the "cuddling" features photography features are optional
Important options which can make the difference but options
my two cents

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.Image
anataus wrote:Well , maybe Textile dolls can be a price valued alternative for photography but claiming that they can even compete with Silicone / TPE dolls in terms of quality, regardless of the price...I'm afraid we are going to have to disagree on this one.
I would wish to make it clear though that my evaluation that Textile Dolls might approach TPE/silicone dolls referred only to the degree of realism that could potentially be achieved photographically, not to any comparison between the desirability of the materials employed. Such a comparison would be pointless since it would entirely subjective, depending on the importance to the purchaser of factors such as weight, price and the envisaged role of the doll.

BTW - the boobs are very squeezable :D .

anataus

Post by anataus »

I understood what you meant but in my opinion it would be a mistake to trade off photography and cuddling properties
In an other thread where all members were celebrating the new star of fabric dolls I wrote.. her face is wonderful but it is not fit for cuddling , being hard
I was therfore happy to see that the manufacturer is introducing also a fabric head
Now I extend my concern to the body
It is well shaped, out of question but is it warm ? a nice feeling to the touch ?
These should be the top priorities for a fabric doll
In other words my question is:
If you switch the light off which fabric doll would you prefer to lie with ?

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

anataus wrote: If you switch the light off which fabric doll would you prefer to lie with ?
Even from a purely personal point of view it is difficult to give a definitive answer. In a direct 'lights out' sensory comparison between a Textile Doll and a Teddybabe Deluxe the most honest opinion I can give is that they are different but neither is necessarily better than the other. Each has their own qualities, but like cuddling two different flesh and blood girls the experience with each may be perceived differently.
The plush skin of the Teddybabe has an inviting warmth and silky softness that is second to none, the Textile Doll feels different having a very slightly cooler, slightly shiny effect. Think the difference between wool and lycra clothing. On this aspect I would rate the Teddybabe very slightly ahead.
On the other hand, the density of stuffing of the Teddybabe can make cuddling uncomfortable. Her breasts in particular can feel like hard ungiving lumps which discourage you from holding her close. The Teddybabe would seem to rely to a considerable extent on the density of stuffing to maintain its shape and structural integrity. The Textile Doll's structure and shape however is primarily maintained by its articulated skeleton. Her 'flesh' is consequently softer and more yielding than the Teddybabe's and she can be held close without discomfort.
So, I would say that the Teddybabe's skin feels a little better, but there is something in the way that the Textile Doll's body and limbs move in a very similar way to a real girl which, together with the softness of her body make cuddling her a sexier and more realistic experience. As regards the head, again I can only speak from my personal experience but, since in holding her close the feel of her head is generally cushioned by the softness of her hair, I have not noticed a problem. Again just my personal experience and others may well perceive things differently.
Suffice to say, I wouldn't throw either one out of bed. They're just different.

orlan

Post by orlan »

nice looking pics man. looks cuddly

notjoeaverage

Post by notjoeaverage »

I agree this is a great idea and a must have accessory

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Is a soft head still an option for a Textile Doll? I just see these same pics on the TD website.

Anyone have more recent pics?

It sure looks like changing the head is easy!

Space Cowboy

Post by Space Cowboy »

Is this thing on?

DenaMeier
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DenaMeier »

It is her weight that got my attention! 165 cm / 5 ft. 4 in. weighs 8 kg / 17.5 lb. Very nice and manageable for my not that strong self.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's Third Law
love just is - it can manifest from a completely surprising source. Imagination is key.
Love is in every bit of reality - be ready for when our creations can express and flow that love - myself

INFORMATIONS