dollstudio.org

This DS-163 with Youyi & Jiayi heads travels to Europe

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

This DS-163 with Youyi & Jiayi heads travels to Europe

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

this Doll Sweet DS-163 body style with Youyi & Jiayi heads travels to Europe:
2017-12-08 165819.jpg
2017-12-08 165819.jpg (159.36 KiB) Viewed 958 times
2017-12-08 165907.jpg
2017-12-08 165907.jpg (194.75 KiB) Viewed 958 times
2017-12-08 165852.jpg
2017-12-08 165852.jpg (169.38 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Youyi head:
2017-12-15 172335.jpg
2017-12-15 172335.jpg (219.26 KiB) Viewed 958 times
2017-12-15 172658.jpg
2017-12-15 172658.jpg (219.54 KiB) Viewed 958 times
2017-12-15 172709.jpg
2017-12-15 172709.jpg (240.01 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Jiayi head:
2017-12-15 173851.jpg
2017-12-15 173851.jpg (225.16 KiB) Viewed 958 times
2017-12-15 174134.jpg
2017-12-15 174134.jpg (217.7 KiB) Viewed 955 times
2017-12-15 174141.jpg
2017-12-15 174141.jpg (216.43 KiB) Viewed 958 times
Configuration as depicted in the factory photos: skin tone 'LPink', more tight joints, with finger bones (maniphalanx), with finger & toe nails glued on, vagina insert type 'B', no pubic hair.

More information about the DS-163 body style: http://eu.dsdolleurope.com/node/13

Doll Sweet's 2nd head for free promotion is still on! http://eu.dsdolleurope.com/node/4216

Sandro

https://twitter.com/dsdolleurope/status ... 8927557632
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Re: This DS-163 with Youyi & Jiayi heads travels to Europe

Post by nukeno »

Dollstudio wrote:Jiayi head:

Congratulations to the new happy owner!

But is this really a Jiayi head? I assume it is...
However mine from 2015 looks slightly different.

Which leads to my actual question: Has DS changed some of their head designs lately?
I noticed changes or at least a change in appearance on other heads like the Nina or Yolanda ones as well.
Which is kinda sad and kinda confusing as I'm particularly interested to buy a further DS doll with a Yolanda head in 2018.
But I like the "old" style. Is it possible to get the older style still?
PIC_20150911_150406_9C7_H.jpg
PIC_20150911_150440_5C9_H.jpg
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@nukeno: Interesting, the customer asked the same question. I will check with DS.

Since I have seen a couple of DS heads and even have some on stock twice, I can only point out that no two heads look absolutely the same, even without changing the mold. There are always subtle nuances if you look closely, and on top of that, even a slight change of angle can make a difference. So there is a combination of the configuration and manufacturing work.

Factors that influence appearance, weighted subjectively what imho makes the biggest influence:
  • Wig - hair color and hair style, including how you place the wig onto the head (e.g. high/low forehead - a 'high' forehead can make the appearance 'intelligent' or 'awake', a 'low' forehead can make her appear like an ape);
  • Shape and thickness of eyebrows - those massively influence how a face is perceived. Depending on her eyebrows, Kayla can look anything from lovely to angry. A customer analized this even further and discovered that thicker eye brows can make female face appear gender neutral, so he ordered a female head for a male doll. I will post pictures of this later.
  • Eye color - some combinations, e.g. green eyes and brown skin, just do not work with all heads (e.g. the brown Emily head with green or blue eyes; in LPink or Yellow skin tone, green or blue eyes are just fine);
  • Skin color - just compare my Alisa in brown (her name is Aung) with an Alisa head in LPink, they appear like two different heads;
  • Angle you look at the head respectively take the picture (e.g. top view vs. bottom view); even a few degrees can change if the face looks more grimly or more smiling;
  • Lip makeup and shape of the lips - subtle, but obviously a mood indicator;
  • Position of the bunny teeth - since these are manually glued into the mouth, every DS head with teeth looks slightly different. I encountered this massively with a Tyra head - one variant looked very sweet (end was lost during shipping), and the replacement looked aggressive; probably just because the lower teeth were placed a fraction of a millimeter forth.
I guess there are even more factors that can change the appearance, but at least those I mentioned are recurring.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

That's true of course.
But I've remembered seeing something on the exdoll.com page a while ago I was wondering about and looked it up again just now...

I didn't bother to run the page through google-translate back then, but did it this time and it says:

"To Kocho's fans brother fans:
Kocho undoubtedly approaches perfect in the eyes and hearts of all of us. Therefore, we are cautious about the modification of her makeup. From the details of the eyebrow modification, modification of eye makeup, the details of the re-cut, I can not remember how many iterations of the final shape. Maybe you would say that it seems to have changed little from the original, but what I want to tell you is that this is exactly what we are after. She glanced at it in the first place, Stand in front of you, you will be pleasantly surprised to find that it is more pink skin than the original, more fresh eye makeup, lip contour details and so on, all reveal the spirit of Chung Ling. If you and I are one of the younger fans of Kocho, this is one of the most not to be missed in this century. Attached below the three release version of the makeup according to contrast, although I think it still can not show its very cute ^ _ ^ "

So it seems as you've said, that it is just a different make-up (although it's a permanent one and not easily changed like on a TPE doll, if one doesn't like the newer one).
However, what still confuses me is the use of the word "re-cut"...
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

Anglian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anglian »

I know I am biased (see my avatar) but I DO like the Youyi head and I hope to see her on TDF when she arrives at her new home.

<=========

Anglian and Sarah (DS158 with Youyi head !)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

As far as I understand it, "S妆容版" means "studio level makeup". This has not been officially announced for western customers. It's a new multilayer coating technology which is available for selected heads, e.g. Mohan. These S-level heads are significantly more expensive, and they look absolutely incredible. We believe that S-level makeup (and other new attributes) are the first indicators that DS is planning to climb up into the high-end segment. However, much of this is still in a testing stage. There will be product announcements when everything is ready, so please don't hold your breath.

Sandro

INFORMATIONS