dollstudio.org

Head comparison Maid-Fong - DS Sandy - Jennifer - WM No. 31

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Head comparison Maid-Fong - DS Sandy - Jennifer - WM No.

Post by DarkOne »

Very informative! I liked seeing the connectors, No idea that DS girls had a hole on the top of there heads.. I would have been a little mad if I had learned that out on unboxing day of the DS I will eventually buy.

Great seeing the heads side by side too.

While DS heads cost a lot more then WM/YL TPE heads, I'll note that WM doll heads have a very nasty habit of having tears where the ear connects to the face, because they mold the ear first, then mold the head and the TPE cools between the two stages leading to poor adhesion between the ear and head. These tears just open up with extremely little force and have been reported by several WM doll owners. I suspect this is a problem with a lot of TPE dolls, the TPE must be kept very hot and so must the mold, whenever the TPE takes two paths through the mold if it cools too much it won't bind correctly when it comes back together (gets a cold skin on it that won't bind with other cold skinned TPE)

I was very impressed by the details in the DS/WM/YL heads however. they definitely have the faces and makeup down wonderfully. Maid-fong has some ways to catch up IMO. Something about the mouth, eyelashes and eyebrows don't look quiet as high quality as the others. The big seam on the head is kinda a huge turn off too.

It looks like the YL doll head might need a little more lipstick on the bottom of her lip? does not quiet cover the entire lip.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

DarkOne wrote:Very informative! I liked seeing the connectors, No idea that DS girls had a hole on the top of there heads.. I would have been a little mad if I had learned that out on unboxing day of the DS I will eventually buy.

The hole in no way affects the doll's beauty or usability. It's there to allow you to hang the doll with the head attached. You can also hang the doll without the head attached. DS has kits for both, and they're dirt-easy to use/
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

deadpringle wrote:
DarkOne wrote:Very informative! I liked seeing the connectors, No idea that DS girls had a hole on the top of there heads.. I would have been a little mad if I had learned that out on unboxing day of the DS I will eventually buy.

The hole in no way affects the doll's beauty or usability. It's there to allow you to hang the doll with the head attached. You can also hang the doll without the head attached. DS has kits for both, and they're dirt-easy to use/
Yea.. but I take my girls wig off for baths.. although a VERY short wig works too for baths... I kinda like my dolls bald head, She is hot no matter what she is wearing.

a hole might be a little more off putting however. I wonder if DS could make a little head plug? Just a sorta mushroom shaped chunk of silicone with a very flat top to blend in.

Then again, I guess one of those skin colored skull caps (for wigs?) might work just as well. Course, not sure if you could get one in a perfect match to DS.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Why does DS dol the only one that looks like she's wet/sweating? What you been doing with that head? :razz:

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

DarkOne wrote:
deadpringle wrote:The hole in no way affects the doll's beauty or usability. It's there to allow you to hang the doll with the head attached. You can also hang the doll without the head attached. DS has kits for both, and they're dirt-easy to use/
I kinda like my dolls bald head, She is hot no matter what she is wearing... a hole might be a little more off putting however.
I don't think DS is operating under the assumption that anyone is wanting to have sex with a bald doll. Bald girls are not usually highly sought after mates. :)

How about putting a hat or baseball cap on her?

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

deadpringle wrote:
DarkOne wrote:
deadpringle wrote:The hole in no way affects the doll's beauty or usability. It's there to allow you to hang the doll with the head attached. You can also hang the doll without the head attached. DS has kits for both, and they're dirt-easy to use/
I kinda like my dolls bald head, She is hot no matter what she is wearing... a hole might be a little more off putting however.
I don't think DS is operating under the assumption that anyone is wanting to have sex with a bald doll. Bald girls are not usually highly sought after mates. :)

How about putting a hat or baseball cap on her?
That would look weird in the bath lol.
Maybe I am in a small minority, At first I found the bald look to be really off putting but it really didn't take me long to warm up to it. Now I find her nearly as sexy bald as with hair. Its just another state my doll exists in.

It can be rather nice snuggling up to a bald girl too, No hair to get in your face and on TPE dolls the back of the head is incredibly soft and kissable, much softer then a real head. Not sure how soft silicone heads are (Would mainly depend on how thick the silicone is over any 'core')

I'll likely just keep a very short wig for bath time then. I only had my doll bald in the bath because she came with a very long wig that I didn't want to get wet, and was a pain to keep out of the way when cleaning her. (By bath I mean like 2" of water to dip the sponge into while cleaning her with the sponge)

The short wig works in the bath though.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

deadpringle wrote:Bald girls are not usually highly sought after mates. :)
You might want to watch Persis Khambatta as Lieutenant Ilia in Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979), http://vintageruminance.tumblr.com/post ... -khambatta , http://www.parkeology.com/2013/01/point ... -khambatta , http://www.themakeupgallery.info/hair/scifi/stilia.htm

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Dollstudio wrote:
You might want to watch Persis Khambatta as Lieutenant Ilia in Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979), http://vintageruminance.tumblr.com/post ... -khambatta , http://www.parkeology.com/2013/01/point ... -khambatta , http://www.themakeupgallery.info/hair/scifi/stilia.htm

Sandro
Actually, that's the first example of what comes to my mind with my previous statement. :) That, and Amber Rose. Bald chicks just don't do it for me.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

deadpringle wrote:
Dollstudio wrote:

Sandro
Actually, that's the first example of what comes to my mind with my previous statement. :) That, and Amber Rose. Bald chicks just don't do it for me.
Sure, but to each their own right? I am not saying I really prefer the bald look, but a hot chick who loses her wig, is still a hot chick. And I am sure some people out there really do prefer the bald look, or at least consider it a desired choice along with other hairstyles.

I find it interesting how much value our cultures place on a full, healthy head of hair, to the point where some people spend thousands of dollars trying to restore there own, or cover it up with wigs/extensions/etc. someone who is bald or balding is often stigmatized as ill, cancer patient, extremely old, etc, especially in women. Some men however start shaving their head bald even at very young ages (20's and 30's) just as a hairstyle.

Spend a week with your doll bald and see if you still think the bald look is so bad! Especially once you see how soft there head is to cuddle up with, with no wig hairs getting in your face.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

@deadpringle: I think I get your point. Even if some people (like me) like bald heads, it's clearly not the common ideal of female beauty. And that's what most doll manufacturers are after (Doll Sweet's Fleur and Serena left aside).

@DarkOne: If you don't like women with holes in their heads, you could close it with a plug. Sculpt the hole with clay and mold it with pigmented silicone.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

Dollstudio wrote:@deadpringle: I think I get your point. Even if some people (like me) like bald heads, it's clearly not the common ideal of female beauty. And that's what most doll manufacturers are after (Doll Sweet's Fleur and Serena left aside)
It's a self-looping issue, because even though it's a matter of perception, there is such a thing as "mass perception." You bring up mature heads from DS, which is another perfect illustration. I for one am absolutely nuts for mature women. The slight wrinkling of the eyes, the slightly heavier bodies. I don't know why exactly, but mature-looking women drive me nuts. Maybe the cougar/cub thing, I dunno, but I'm sure there are plenty of men out there who find older women unappealing. I guess it all depends upon consumer demand.

INFORMATIONS