dollstudio.org

Unboxing DS Doll 145

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Unboxing DS Doll 145

Post by Dollstudio »

Today I'd like to continue our Unboxing series with another silicone doll: DS Doll 145 by Japanese-Chinese company Doll Sweet.

The 145 model is the smallest doll by DS Doll; it is not compatible with the broad selection of head sculpts by this manufacturer, but has a selection of eight specially designed heads. We appreciate the decision of DS Doll to take care of head/body proportions; as most of you will know, this is not self-evident for all Asian doll makers.

Shipping of this doll took a different route than most other Chinese dolls; she went not through HK, but through Incheon (South Korea); that's probably because DS Doll is located in Dalian, Liaoning province, which is just across Korea. Surprisingly, shipping was pretty rough, so you might want to consider the wooden crate for these expensive dolls if you want to avoid any residual risks.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4186.JPG (94.2 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
In this case, we ordered the carton box. Padding is basically the same as with most other dolls from China: Simple, but sufficient. The contents was unharmed:
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4192.JPG (82.22 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
The first surprise: DS Doll does neither put clothes on their doll, nor wraps her in foil or a blanket. She is totally nude, and there is not even underwear in the box.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4194.JPG (91.31 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
The body looks gorgeous. This is the 130 cm body (body height without head) with normal breasts. Also, DS Doll makes the same body with larger breasts (DS Doll 145 plus), but the smaller ones look more natural.

But looking natural doesn't mean it feels natural. This silcone body is hard, really hard.

Probably this is the downside if you want to make the doll poseable, and need to keep the price competitive.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4195.JPG (94.98 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
The scope of supply is rather limited. The doll comes with a head, an insert, and a short set of instructions. That's all, no repair kit, no powder, no comb, no blanket, no clothing. Very, very minimalistic. But I think that's OK as most of the gifts other Chinese manufacturers add to their doll's packages have no real value, anyway.

Regarding the repair kit: The is no real need for that as this doll is made of silicone; silicone dolls do not require proprietary glue, just something like Sil-Poxy. This is one of the major advantages of silicone.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4197.JPG (79.06 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
That's everything that comes with this doll: A wrapped head, and a bag with instructions and a small insert.

The wig is already on the doll's head. I'll post a dedicated article about DS Doll's heads as these heads are something really unique.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4198.JPG (86.82 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
DS Doll closes the vaginal opening with a plug. Around the opening, there is no sculpted vulva. This opening is just a hole, everything that makes it a vagina comes with the insert. Some of the newer TPE designs are totally different, leading to a more realistic look; also, most high-end silicone dolls show more details in the lady parts.

So please be aware: DS Dolls are good at many things; they have an amazing diversity of head sculpts, they are extremely poseable, they are very lightweight, they can stand on their own feet without damaging the soles, and they (optionally) can move the fingers. But they might not be the best sex dolls on the market. However, there is a vagina, and an anus, so you can have sex with them, as well, if you feel like it.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4199.JPG (70.83 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
Hands are padded separately (as are the feet):
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4200.JPG (83.06 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
The hands are quite beautiful. With the "phalanx" option, they come with wires in the fingers which make them perfect for posing:
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4207.JPG (72.41 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
If you order the "tight joints" option, this doll becomes a fully poseable mannequin. The range of movements is just amazing. In this price segment, there is simply no competition if you want a poseable doll.

The second and biggest suprise were the seam lines around the hips. All current silicone dolls have seam lines, and usually they are cleanly trimmed to a fine line that is almost invisible and can only barely be felt. But this doll had a thick seam line around both sides of the hip that looks and feels as if the mold slipped for a bit.

There is also a small hole with a diameter of about 4 mm which Steven explained:
The small hole is dowel pin, it is for keep location of the joints and bones inside the doll. That is inevitable.
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4204.JPG (68.56 KiB) Viewed 11497 times
(Cont'd in next post)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Unboxing DS Doll 145

Post by Dollstudio »

However, the rest of the body is flawless and looks quite sexy:
Unboxing DS Doll 145
Unboxing DS Doll 145
dollstudio-unboxing-dsdoll-145-4209.JPG (69.96 KiB) Viewed 11484 times
And btw, not only the fingers are sculpted very detailed, the feet are as well:
Image courtesy of Doll Sweet
PIC_20141226_151931_635.jpg (56.93 KiB) Viewed 11484 times
Last but not least I'd like to point out a special service of DS Doll that is quite rare among Chinese manufacturers: DS Doll sends you images as soon as your doll is complete:
PIC_20141226_151857_5EB.jpg (71.16 KiB) Viewed 11484 times
So you know before shipping what you will get. This are original photos of the doll you will receive, no generic pictures.

Also there will be a second set of images before shipping; they show padding of the carton, and how the box looked before shipping. Images like this might become valuable if anything happens during shipping, they are the only prove that the shipment was packaged properly. It should be self-evident, but it is not. So praise to DS Doll for their thoroughness!

-Ira
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

didn't know DS did a 130cm doll. Would be perfect dimensions for my storage locker when i need to replace my current 135cm tpe doll. How heavy is she?face options? thanks for the honest, informative post, something i feel is lacking from some manufacturers out there.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

130cm is without the head :wink: with the head, she's 145cm tall :D
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

AlexKnight wrote:130cm is without the head :wink: with the head, she's 145cm tall :D
got that,she still would fit in her storage locker when guests show up, without head. :wink:

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

Really enjoying this series dollstudio. Thank you for it.

Dollstudio praises the quality and posability of these dolls but indicates a lower grade for the quality of the SEX. Any DS owners care to take up the issue of sex with these dolls? What is it like?

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi james1969,
james1969 wrote:didn't know DS did a 130cm doll. Would be perfect dimensions for my storage locker when i need to replace my current 135cm tpe doll. How heavy is she?face options?
Her body height is 145 cm including the head. I am not sure if it is recommendable to put a silicone doll for long-term storage into a locker. Usually it's better to put her on a doll hook, like this one from Doll Sweet:
DS Doll hook. Image courtesy of Doll Sweet
DS Doll hook. Image courtesy of Doll Sweet
hook_05.jpg (12.9 KiB) Viewed 11452 times
I am only aware of one manufacturer of silicone dolls who actually recommends the "lying position in her original shipping box" for storage for an extended period is Maidlee Doll. Please ask other owners for long term experiences. There are differences between TPE and silicone dolls, storage is one of them (to my knowlegde, there are no TPE dolls with a neck bolt, and there is only one with a stand - Poey).

This doll is really lightweight; the model we unboxed is 18 kg, the "Plus" model with bigger breasts is about 20 kg. The package was declared with a total weight of 30 kg, but it was actually around 26 kg. It's really hard to beat DS Doll in regard to weight (Anatomical does, and 4woods does as well, for some exta $$$).

Here are the eight faces of DS Doll 145:
Head options for DS Doll 145
Head options for DS Doll 145
ds_145_heads.jpg (49.31 KiB) Viewed 11452 times
For details on the heads, please visit our page about DS Doll 145, or the manufacturer's offcial site at http://www.dsdoll.us/heads.html.

Also you might be interested in looking at some videos before considering to buy one: http://en.dollstudio.org/node/452 (introduction). There are more vides liked at the bottom of our page about DS Doll 145 (about feet, hands, breasts, legs, head, and poseability). It's a lot of fun to watch! ;-)

-Ira

james1969
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james1969 »

18kg? my 1am doll weighs 27 kg. at 135cm height. and no neck bolt or stand available from any tpe vendors , ive asked around,why at present shes boxed.Weight reduction with bigger measurements would be ideal. :)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

james1969 wrote:18kg? my 1am doll weighs 27 kg. at 135cm height.
That's one of the other nice things of silicone: Silicone dolls can have foam cores, TPE dolls can not, because they are produced at high temperatures. Foam cores allow to reduce the total weight for about 20-30%.

-Ira

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

Very nice, down to earth and profesional review :) :thumbs_up:

DS are improving constantly , the chinese forum says new silicone formula on new dolls, the video shows incredible softness on the tummy, breast and all over the body, oven you can feel and twist the skin

it looks like memory foam kinda like ...

the video here:

http://121.41.38.114/dsdoll/video/new_silicon.mp4

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Their new silicone looks very soft indeed, do you know when they changed to this?
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi Dollstudio, great interesting review. I´ll probably get my new DS doll at the end of next week. Can´t wait!
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Superb review. Thanks for taking the trouble to do this.

Is she actually measured at 145? When I measured my old 158 she came to be slightly less - but when I measured her perhaps she wasn't standing up straight!

This is a unique among dolls - the ability to have a blank - and this means that when she's shipped she's truly a mannequin or sculpture rather than a sex doll and also that when viewed by friends, she's a toy person rather than a sex doll. This psychological advantage enables one to be much more open about having a doll around the place as sculpture . . . and together with the weight advantage of silicone enables one to have a larger doll that then does not need to be hidden.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS