dollstudio.org

DS Doll silicone repair

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Maxbama
Apprentice
Apprentice

DS Doll silicone repair

Post by Maxbama »

I had a wire poke thru on a finger, what should I use to repair it? How can I get it ? Can I just get something locally? How do I repair it before it gets worse? LOVE the Doll, absolutely perfect, but I knew the fingers were a mistake with wires.

jiayi
Management
Management

Re: DS Doll silicone repair

Post by jiayi »

Clean the area throughly with acetone and use Permatex FlowableSsilicone Windshield Sealer pn81730. Clean off excess with acetone. Amazon or perhaps local auto parts store should have the permatex, Hardware store will have the acetone. I use cling film to hold the repair till cured (in 24hrs). This is the first DS finger poke I have heard of. The permatex makes a strong permanent repair. Good luck.
Jiayi

DS Doll Europe
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by DS Doll Europe »

Maxbama wrote:I had a wire poke thru on a finger, what should I use to repair it? How can I get it ? Can I just get something locally? How do I repair it before it gets worse?
In this thread you can find how-to instructions to do repairs: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 24#p802724

Which materials you can use for repair varies a bit on your location; please contact your vendor for more information. Generally, the Permatex repair silicone mentioned by jiayi might not be easily available outside the UK. More easily accessible is Sil-Poxy by Smooth-on; they have distributors all over the world. In Germany, some silicone adhesives by Wacker Chemie might be easier to obtain.

Finger pokes in DS dolls are rather unusual because the finger wires are enclosed with caps, so I'm not entirely sure what pierced through the silicone in your doll. Maybe you can take a picture and show us the injury?

Thanks,
Sandro

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

I've used Permatex (get it on Ebay) and also Evostick All purpose Flexible Silicone Sealant (clear). Both work fine for repairing DS Silicone

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

DS Doll Europe wrote:
Maxbama wrote:I had a wire poke thru on a finger, what should I use to repair it? How can I get it ? Can I just get something locally? How do I repair it before it gets worse?

Finger pokes in DS dolls are rather unusual because the finger wires are enclosed with caps, so I'm not entirely sure what pierced through the silicone in your doll. Maybe you can take a picture and show us the injury?

Thanks,
Sandro
Yes, we would love to know how exactly this happened too, so future DS buyers can properly evaluate if they want finger wires or not.

And yes as others have said, the permatex window sealant comes highly recommended. I believe sil-poxy is slightly more 'manufacture' recommended and may be softer.

Either way, one HUGE tip: Use ABSOLUTE MINIMAL AMOUNTS of glue. You can always fix it again later if it opens up, you can't easily remove too much silicone.

Iv never heard anyone complain about using too little silicone in a repair causing issues. I have however seen some very unsightly repairs that look like someone used a caulking gun to remodel the bathroom and repaired their doll while they where at it.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

AmberNicole
Doll
Doll

Post by AmberNicole »

We use Sil-Poxy and Dragon Skin for any Platinum silicone repairs! Use the Sil-Poxy to glue on real nails purchased from a store. These will offer protection. I no longer get finger pokes! :)

INFORMATIONS