dollstudio.org

Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM w/ ZO-A13 & ZO-A21 - revisited

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM w/ ZO-A13 & ZO-A21 - revisited

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

this is an follow-up to the Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads post. This delivery from last September had a number of flaws. After some discussion, Z-Onedoll agreed to send a replacement to make things right. The replacement shipment arrived recently, as mentioned elsewhere.

This Unboxing will quickly go through the issues encountered with the original shipment, but it's basically another Unboxing of the same doll - a Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM with ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads. The structure will follow the original post.

Since this is a replacement for a flawed shipment, it's safe to assume that Z-Onedoll double-checked everything and this is the best you can get from ZO.

1) Shipping & Packaging.

Shipping and packaging is largely identical with the first shipment. Again the package was shipped with Fedex International Priority, which is a waste of money as it is not faster than the cheaper Fedex International Economy, and, according to ZO, Fedex denies the existence of their Money-Back Guarantee Policy. I paid $300 for freight and Fedex delivered a $150 service - wasting money like this should be avoided.

The carton had a big tear on the side, but the contents was not affected, thanks to a lot of padding inside the carton.
Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM body style with Z-Onedoll ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads - revisited - Dollstudio
Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM body style with Z-Onedoll ZO-A13 and ZO-A21 heads - revisited - Dollstudio
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3901-dollstudio.JPG (698.91 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
The carton the doll is shipped in is as well huge as heavy. It's size is 160x44x30 cm, so you should not try to carry it alone:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3902-dollstudio.JPG (829.1 KiB) Viewed 3012 times

2) Padding & Wrapping.

Inside the carton there is a lot of padding, but it looks a bit chaotic.
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3903-dollstudio.JPG (617.54 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
The doll travels inside a sleeping bag, similar how Doll Sweet has recently started to ship their dolls.
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3904-dollstudio.JPG (575.09 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
However, there is a major difference: Z-Onedoll has additional padding in the carton, Doll Sweet has not. So as of today, Z-Onedoll's packaging is better than the packaging used by Doll Sweet. That's something new!
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3906-dollstudio.JPG (703.37 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
Similar to Doll Sweet, ZO puts heavy metal parts unprotected into the box.
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3905-dollstudio.JPG (677.51 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
That is not good, as things like this fly around the carton like a bullet.

Inside the sleeping bag, the doll is additionally wrapped in a large plastic bag:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3906-dollstudio.JPG (703.37 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
As the box is much too large for a doll that travels with head removed, the upper end of the carton is narrowed with additional padding:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3907-dollstudio.JPG (741.45 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
A smaller carton would leave the doll less room to move around, and it could save shipping costs as shipping fees are charged by volumetric weight if volume is bigger than the measured weight.

The neck was intact, only bent downwards a bit:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3909-dollstudio.JPG (533.95 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
As the ZO skeleton appears to be rather robust, skeletal damage during shipping is not to be expected and did neither occur in the first nor in the second shipment - unless you count dents in the doll's skin surface a shipping damage.

(continued in next post)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Unboxing Z-Onedoll ZO-160 SM w/ ZO-A13 & ZO-A21 - revisi

Post by Dollstudio »

First impressions of the body:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3910-dollstudio.JPG (394.7 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3911-dollstudio.JPG (406.55 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
Skin surface is good - no loose skin scrapes, no tears, no bruises.

Body makeup looks pretty colorful. Skin tone has a touch of pink.

Skin surface looks a lot better than in the first shipment. Only one flaw catches the eye immediately: A huge dent in the left upper arm:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3914-dollstudio.JPG (479.85 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
This was probably caused by the metal back bolt that flew around in the carton unprotected.

3) Configuration.

Some components of the order were changed intentionally and based on recommendation by David Lee from Z-Onedoll. Instead of the insert version, ZO suggested the variant with fixed/built-in vagina, and a wig was not available. Also I asked ZO to equip the doll with the back bolt to allow hanging from a doll stand. The recommendation from ZO were helpful and I'd suggest anyone to consider carefully what ZO suggests. Usually, there is a good reason for any recommendation.

This is how the hole in the back looks like where the back bolt is supposed to be screwed in:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3926-dollstudio.JPG (406.91 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
Except for these changes, the configuration for the replacement was identical with the first order.

What I got largely matched the ordered configuration.

But there is a big bummer that was pointed out by another owner of a ZO-160 (the one with big breasts): her weight.

First I assumed the weight'd be off by the typical 5-10%. The ZO-160 with big breasts is specified to weight 31 kg, so the variant with small breasts should be 1-2 kg more lightweight. I assumed to have purchased a doll with a weight of 29-30 kg.

Boy, was I wrong!
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3920-dollstudio.JPG (607.22 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
The measured weight for the body is 36.8 kg (without head). This is off by more than 20% from what I expected.

I put both ZO-160 SM dolls on a scale; together with the neck connector, a head and a wig, the measured weights are 40.4 respectively 40.7 kg. This is bad, very bad.

As I mentioned in another thread, I consider a deviation of 5-10% normal, 10-15% might happen occasionally, 15-20% is starting to get really problematic and 20-25% are not acceptable anymore.

David Lee explained what happened:
The weight problem is becuase when we check the weight, it was the doll without heating. […] Now the doll with heating wires in inside, we have to increase the silicone thickness to wrap the wires and less the inside foam thickness. […] As mentioned before, our current dolls are usually made with wires inside whether it is with heating or no heating.
So the advertised weight was measured with a doll you can not even purchase. All ZO dolls have the internals required for heating and sound, no matter what you order.

In the meantine, ZO has corrected the specified weight of the ZO-160; she is now supposed to weight 35 kg (+4 kg). There are still no specs for the ZO-160 SM, but she still has smaller breasts and should weight 1-2 kg less, because less silicone is needed. So even compared with the updated specs, both dolls I got are about 2 kg heavier than the bustier model.

To put it politely: I would not have bought a 40+ kg doll with small breasts. It just is too heavy for posing and taking pictures. If I'd be willig to accept a heavier weight than max. 31 kg, I'd had chosen the ZO-162. About 10 kg more weight than I expected, that doesn't make me happy. And I doubt that there will be many customers that will accept this weight, which makes me even less happy.

4) Accessories and Scope of supply.

This time, I got a different outfit:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3980-dollstudio.JPG (592.96 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
The scope of supply is similar:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3978-dollstudio.JPG (578.47 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3979-dollstudio.JPG (531.75 KiB) Viewed 3009 times
A power adapter was supplied. I have no idea what to do with it as the ZO I ordered does not have any means to plug her to a power socket.

5) Manual / Documentation / Instructions.

Completely unchanged. Still no documentation and no reference for the recommended range of movements.

That's bad.

(continued in next post)
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

MORE!! LOVE that outfit!
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

6) Heads.

I'll make separate posts for the two supplied heads ZO-A13 and ZO-21. Relevant posts:
In advance: Yes, this time I got two "oral capable" heads.

For comparison: This is the original thread with details about the issues encountered with the two heads.

7) Neck connector and Skeleton.

This time, the neck is clean:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3918-dollstudio.JPG (406.8 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
This is a big improvement, especially regarding the first impression the doll makes when unpacking her.

Neck thread without M16 connector:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3962-dollstudio.JPG (448.15 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
Also, the skeleton is good. The joints are slightly stiffer than in the first one.

Again, I ordered a standing skeleton and got one. This is how the soles of the feet look like before the doll stands on her feet:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3923-dollstudio.JPG (439.24 KiB) Viewed 3005 times
As the first doll, this one stands flawlessly.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

8 ) Silicone blend, Skin surface and Skin tone.

Skin tone is slightly different than the first doll; it appears to have more pink in it. However, differences are marginal unless you expect a high-end doll.

The silicone is firm and has no noticable smell. But the surface feels a lot more oily and looks significantly more shiny than the surface of the first one. Thusly I powdered her soon. If white residue is visible in later pictures, it's not dust or manufacturing residue but corn starch from powdering.

As mentioned above, the skin surface is much better than the skin of the first doll:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3927-dollstudio.JPG (408.63 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
During first (superficial) inspection, no major flaws were detected - except for the huge dent in the arm.

Also, as well finger as toe nails sit tight and do not fall off like leaves from an autumn tree.

At the beginning of the Unboxing…
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3912-dollstudio.JPG (374.25 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
and a while later:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3961-dollstudio.JPG (428.1 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
From first impression, firmness of finger & toe nails is now good enough. This is another improvement.

On the sides of the nipples, the body makeup already starts to fade respectively rub off:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3963-dollstudio.JPG (418.14 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
Overall, body makeup appears to rub off a bit less easily than on the first doll. However, it's still much to volatile compared to other silicone dolls.

(continued in next post)
Attachments
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3961-dollstudio.JPG (428.1 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

9) Lady parts.

The lady parts of the doll variant with insert were unacceptable for a sex doll. The variant with fixed/built-in vagina looks much better:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3921-dollstudio.JPG (393.16 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3922-dollstudio.JPG (468.62 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
The vagina looks actually quite nice from the outside.
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3964-dollstudio.JPG (421.62 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
The anus also looks better. Though, it still gives me the impression that something might tear very soon:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3965-dollstudio.JPG (412.05 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
At a later point I might do an endoscope inspection.

10) Range of movements and Poseability.

Identical with the previous dolls. Overall quite good.

(continued in next post)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

11) Standing skeleton.

As in the first doll, the standing skeleton works out of the box. Joints are tight enough to support standing.

Considering that this is actually a 40+ kg doll, the standing capability is quite impressive.

However, the downside of the standing skeleton design is that the soles of the feet look terrible after a letting her stand a couple of times, and the lower legs start to bend under the weight.

Not sure if this photos shows clearly what happens:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3996-dollstudio.JPG (490.88 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
This bending of the right leg started after about ten days of standing. I don't know if the ZO dolls with standing skeleton are supposed to stand for weeks or months - there is no manual where I could look this up. Since there is no warning against letting them stand permanently, this is how I "store" her - standing, like a mannquin. If the bending of the legs continues and might cause damage at some point - there should be a clear warning.

But what matters in the first place is that the ZO-160 SM can stand:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3981-dollstudio.JPG (547.5 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3984-dollstudio.JPG (687.69 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
Here, both ladies meet:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3987-dollstudio.JPG (604.2 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3991-dollstudio.JPG (615.15 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
Getting dressed with the manufacturer supplied outfit:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3995-dollstudio.JPG (632.93 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3994-dollstudio.JPG (518.88 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
The pink skirt is the supplied outfit from Z-Onedoll; I don't know if you can order it, or if clothes are always random.
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-3999-dollstudio.JPG (623.22 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
Say "hi"!
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-4008-dollstudio.JPG (542.04 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
On the left arm you can see the dent which is the only superficial flaw of this doll's skin:
unboxing-zo160sm-a21-a13-revisited-4009-dollstudio.JPG (523.73 KiB) Viewed 2975 times

Conclusion.

Z-Onedoll targeted in this replacement some issues with success, other ones with not so much success, and certain issues were ignored completely. Almost everything is equal or better in this replacement doll; I noticed only one worsening (glued on eye lases onto the eye balls on both replacement heads).

Completely ignored was the request for some kind of documentation. The customers still need at least a diagram of the permitted range of movements. We still need to know which poses are allowed and which might harm the skeleton or the silicone.

Successfully fixed were the finger and toe nails; they don't fall off anymore during unpacking or the day after unpacking. The eye lashes are also tighter, but still loosen after scratching them off from the eye balls. Someone should check things like this when the doll is completed.

Slightly enhanced is the body makeup. It does not rub off immediately, but still is not as robust as one would expect from silicone pigments. There is still room for enhancement.

The replacement doll was a lot cleaner. The silicone skin surface is better, there is not residue from manufacturing and the cuts are much more precise. Cleanness is as one would expect from a a product for a couple of thousand dollars.

The two heads in their oral variants are OK; ZO-A13 is much better than before, but still has more flaws than any other commercially available head I have seen. ZO-A21 is beautiful as well in the oral as in the non-oral variant. However, considering that the oral canal is not sealed at it's bottom and faces a fiberglass structure, I don't dare to recommend them for oral sex to anyone. If you want to try oral with these heads, at least use a condom as it is impossible to clean the internals of the head properly. Personally I clearly prefer the non-oral variant, even though a slightly open mouth usually looks more attractive. An advantage of a slightly open mouth would be to ship a tongue together with the head; however, ZO does not have a tongue for their heads.

Both heads have plenty of room for improvement. The way they are molded doesn't utilize the potential of silicone. E.g. the teeth could be molded separately; they would be clean white and look just prettier this way. Also, I'd like to see more consistency in regard to similarity with the promotion photos and details like the looks of the eye brows.

Unchanged is the weight issue. Both dolls are totally off in regard to their specified weight and their measured weight. In the meantime ZO has updated the specs for the heavier model ZO-160 by four kilos - but both dolls are still more than five kilos heavier than the heavier model is specified after the update. It's as simple as that: A current silicone doll with small breasts and a body size of 160 cm must not weight over 40 kg. It's not state of the art. And specs just must not deviate by 15-25% from the product that is actually available for purchase.

Generally, I believe Z-Onedoll is steering in the right direction with all the enhancements made. But there are still a few things to to to catch up to the competition:
  • Most urgent issues to address are documentation, weight, and consistency of production quality. It should be avoided that eye lashes are glued in a total of five areas onto the eye balls in two heads with a total of four eyes. End control should catch eyes that stick to the eye lashes.
  • Next desirables would be a real silicone pigment based body makeup and a ZO-A21 mold that closer resembles the promotion photos.
  • In a third level of suggestions, the oral canal could be enhanced from a "tube" to a more realistically shaped mouth cavity, a tongue option could be added, teeth could be molded separately in a differently pigmented silicone and glued into the mouth in post-production.
If ZO manages to improve in these areas, I envision a bright future for this innovative company and their products.

Sandro

INFORMATIONS