It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 3 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Is this a good skeleton for a TPE doll?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:29 pm 

Dollstudio wrote:
TPE dolls are on the other end of this pricing range. Customers ask for dolls that cost rather $600 than $1200. Now consider that argument what a established manufacturer considers "commercially impossible" for a doll in the $6000-$8000 range. What could be realistically possible for a doll that costs only a fraction of this in retail?

What we need to understand is that TPE manufacturers are working with absurdly low budgets. 2/3 and recently even 3/4 of the retail price is eaten by shipping, handling and import fees. If a skeleton takes an hour to assemble and adjust, the resulting doll would be unsellable expensive.

Sandro

Hey Sandro,

That's actually a very fair point, and something i never even considered myself. It explains some manufacturer's reluctant approach to redesigning aspects that have been shown to have weaknesses. I understand it has to be financially viable.

Surely there must be a middle ground to be found somewhere where everybody gets what they wants... even though i do appreciate the very accessible price point of the entry level models.

my Sophie (1am Katie + wm56 head) http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85777
my Serena (same body + wm160 elf head) https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=88961
 AIM Send private message  

Page 3 of 3 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3