sexyrealsexdolls.com

Sanitizing a new (used) doll

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
new_Guy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sanitizing a new (used) doll

Post by new_Guy »

I'm looking at getting my first doll and will probably be getting a used one from the sales section here.

What would be the recommended way to clean and sanitize a used TPE doll?

I keep seeing conflicting information with things like isopropyl or hydrogen peroxide.
I know drying everything out will be critical to prevent mold.

Do recommendations differ for cleaning the head?
I have also seen issues where people stripped off the makeup and nipple paint washing their dolls.

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Sanitizing a new (used) doll

Post by Tomoe »

new_Guy wrote: I have also seen issues where people stripped off the makeup and nipple paint washing their dolls.
That's just gonna happen, no way to really avoid it with TPE. Even if you don't wash your doll at all the colour will fade within around 6 months.
The good news is you can redo it yourself fairly easily with a brush and some powder-based makeup (eye-shadow). You can buy an eye-shadow palette with lots of different colours for not much money. I would recommend getting an eyebrow stencil to easily paint those back on when they fade/wash off - they're like $1.
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tomoe »

Oh, and regarding cleaning and sanitizing: Warm (not hot! don't wanna melt her) water with a bit of mild antibacterial soap seems to be best. After she's dry (pat her down with a soft towel, don't rub as it may damage the skin) apply baby oil and let that sink into her skin for 30-60 minutes. After that apply powder (I use corn starch) to make her feel silky smooth and non-sticky. Truly sanitizing TPE isn't really possible due to it's porous nature, and you definitely don't want to use solvents of any kind on her. I wouldn't recommend using alcohol either since that will dry out and damage the TPE in the long run.
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Hyrdogen peroxide to help sterilize and if you use proper V&O protocol, she will virtually mold free
Love,
The BCD Girls
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

new_Guy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by new_Guy »

V&O protocol?
I'm new here, not familiar with the terms and proper care techniques yet.

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

I agree with bcd. hydrogen peroxide to sanitize, but I personally won't use water to clean any part of the doll.
a good vinegar douche followed by peroxide and
once dried, baby oil.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I haven't thought of vinegar before but good suggestion. Make sure it's the clear variety.

Perhaps one wants to leave it Ph neutral. So then water after that and then hydrogen peroxide.

Best wishes

Harem

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

I do think that any of these sanitation scheme can work. You just have to do them regularly and make sure she is totally dry after.

lance uppercut

Post by lance uppercut »

new_Guy wrote:V&O protocol?
I'm new here, not familiar with the terms and proper care techniques yet.
I think this refers to the vaseline and mineral oil treatment that pretty much everyone is on board with.
Lenny: Look at all this, the great food, the party, the sunshine -- it's hard to believe one God came up with all this.
Carl: Well, there's probably a lot of gods.
Lenny: Yeah, and some of 'em's gotta be chicks.
Carl: Yeah, with like a thousand boobs.
Lenny: Ooh hoo! That's the God I'm gonna worship!l.

new_Guy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by new_Guy »

Does standard mineral oil from the hardware store work, or is baby oil recommended? I'm sure the baby oil has a better scent.

I'll have to do some searching, but any recommended links or articles on care?

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

There is a difference between sanitizing vs sterilization.

Both terms are relative to time, meaning it's only good until the cleaning process is over. Sanitizing is a technical term that means a certain allowable amount of microorganisms remain, and sterilization is removing ALL of them. For the most part, owners don't need to sterilize, only sanitize.

Try reviewing the suggestions on this thread:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... lit=Porous

TPE Is tricky to sanitize and can't be sterilized. TPE is porous and has countless little places for something (mold, mildew, virus or bacteria) to hide. However, its my understanding that Silicone is not porous and can be sanitized. Limited and short duration/use of hydrogen peroxide, or isopropyl is good when followed with a rinse. Even just a good medicated soap with hot water (as hot as you can stand) is usually good. Follow up with pure mineral oil and powder once dry. Perhaps some other members can share methods of cleaning. Baths and soaking is not recommended.

Inserts can allow easier clean up and can be a great asset on larger heavier dolls. Don't use anything but a brand new inserts.

If you sell/buy a Used doll: get silicone. If you go TPE-Use a condom or get an insert. Most of us don't mind an "experienced" gurl, but we don't want someone else's "experience" to come with her.

Best wishes in your search... :glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

new_Guy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by new_Guy »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:There is a difference between sanitizing vs sterilization....

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... lit=Porous

If you sell/buy a Used doll: get silicone. If you go TPE-Use a condom or get an insert. Most of us don't mind an "experienced" gurl, but we don't want someone else's "experience" to come with her.
Thanks.

I'll have to check out that link in a minute.

The used TPE doll with fixed vagina is my concern. I'm not 100% sure a doll is for me or for how long I would commit to having a doll, so buying new or trying to get a used silicone doll (about as expensive as a new TPE) is not really ideal at the moment. I found a very affordable doll locally, but it has a fixed vagina.

Kind of weird to think of using a condom with a doll when my ex and I didn't use them.

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

Eh, it's good practice for hook-ups, plus minimizes cleaning. I would encourage one with inserts as well though, for peace of mind and comparative ease of resale.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

I use germicidal disposable cloths , you name it, it kills it, then I give them a long shower with anti bacterial soap , and powder .
Works like a charm , I guess there is no kill like over kill.
Be kind Rewind .Image

tattooed dolls
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tattooed dolls »

I forgot to mention that I only have experience with silicone dolls.
Be kind Rewind .Image

INFORMATIONS