sexyrealsexdolls.com

Roughness on skin / surface of doll

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Roughness on skin / surface of doll

Post by 7kantara »

Hi All

Quick question! I've had my TPE doll about 10 months. Been very careful not to damage her. However, a couple of 'Rough' areas have developed on there skin / surface. They are impossible to photograph and I can only describe them as a lack of smoothness in these areas compared with the rest of her. One on a thigh and one on her hip. I've tried oiling and cleaning etc., but no improvement. Best I can describe the areas is that they look like very, very small goose bumps. Alway stored in her own spare soft bed so no problem there I guess. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Roughness on skin / surface of doll

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, I've seen a similar thing on a couple of my dolls, it's hard to say without actually seeing it though. Sometimes it can be the finish from the factory but if it's occurred since you have had your gal then it could be a few different things but the most likely cause is having some material dragged over the area or your gal being dragged over something, so basically caused by friction. You could try rubbing some Vaseline onto the affected areas and let it soak in over several hours otherwise if it's bothersome you could try what I'm currently learning to do and that is repairing tears and smoothing tpe with a hot air rework station. I've posted about it today so you should be able to see what I've done.

7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 7kantara »

Hi Arthur
Sorry for delay in reply been trying out the Vaseline treatment as you suggested. Looks like its working to some extent and the roughness is "Healing". Will keep at it for a few days more but its definitely getting better!! Thanks!!!

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Yeah, typical abrasion, being moved across bed sheets it enough to cause this as well as normal use.
I keep my main high mileage girl in a crotchless body stocking to help prevent it, but about two months ago I noticed at the bum where the stocking doesn’t cover a considerable amount of abrasion or wear.
Cleaned it completely free of all contaminants with mineral oil and reflowed the entire surface with my heat gun / SMD reflow station.
Let it cool down and immediately powdered it with non scented talc.
It’s like brand new.
In fact, it is brand new.
I’ve seen many a video where the factory is flowing the entire doll in this fashion.

INFORMATIONS