realsexdoll.com

Complete newbie, looking for some advice!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

hirotagawa

Complete newbie, looking for some advice!

Post by hirotagawa »

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, from the UK, and I know very little about dolls (but hoping to change that).

So, I don't actually own a doll (yet), but I've wanted one for years. I just assumed that they all cost several thousands which is beyond my budget, then I discovered that it's possible to get dolls around the £1000 range, so I'm seriously considering getting one. And when I say seriously, I mean that over the last few days I've actually come so close to purchasing one...like, just a few clicks away from an order being confirmed...

However, the sites I was browsing were siliconesexdoll.co.uk and the like. After looking on this forum and uklovedollforums.co.uk it has become apparent that if I had relented and actually purchased one, it would've been a rather expensive mistake. I'm not sure how big of a mistake it would've been - I've read a few horror stories about people spending hundreds/thousands and then receiving a blow-up doll, but these seem to be mostly from eBay or Amazon? I guess I would've actually received a TPE doll, but perhaps it wouldn't look like it does in the pictures and it would be poor-quality TPE, perhaps only lasting a few months before tearing or falling apart. Is this pretty much correct, or am I just being naive?

Anyway, a day or two ago I found http://www.jydoll.com, which appears to be the 'official' source for the doll I want to purchase (it's their 125cm 'Elena' doll, http://www.jydoll.com/index.php?main_pa ... ducts_id=8). I figured I should get some advice before actually going ahead with the purchase though, so here I am!

I probably won't actually buy until January/February next year, I want to get Christmas out of the way first - the last thing I want to do is be a cheapskate to family and friends for Christmas just so I can save a few pounds for what is - essentially - a luxury item for myself. I'd feel a bit guilty doing that hehe :)

I'm fairly sure I want to get a TPE doll (I don't want to spend much more than £1000, especially since it might cost another few hundred getting it through customs), so I gather I'll have to take good care of it - I read that TPE isn't as durable as silicone, but one post on ukldf mentions that official JY dolls are made of good quality TPE, so I'm a bit more confident about ordering from jydoll.com.

I've got a few more questions (regarding customs and packaging and whatnot), but those can wait - this post is starting to get a bit long...

Anyway, I'm glad to now be a part of this community!

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Complete newbie, looking for some advice!

Post by Lemminkainen »

Welcome to TDF hirotagawa.
I hope you find the doll companion that lights your fire. :glou:

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi! And WELCOME!

JY isn't in anyone's good books for the moment because in the past it was said that they copied dolls of WM and indeed the 140 looks rather the same.

Copies have in the past been atrocious quality.

JY and Maiden Doll appeared in the past to be the same but now are different, I believe.

Maiden Doll TPE shows early signs of disintegration.

Being wanting to search out sources of good quality and weed out the bad as well I had been curious about JY and eventually I got one to experience for myself. Their TPE seems to have some advantages, possibly more resistant to abrasion and feels very nice. Great. But . . . and there is a but. I left my JY lady posed in quite an extreme position admittedly for four days. When after that I moved her back to the rest position, her TPE split at the joint of leg with hips.

JY says that this is a very rare problem.

Perhaps I should have moved her back to the rest position after every night. Perhaps I should have moved her when she was still bed warm rather than house cold.

So really I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether she's recommendable quality or not until my wife goes away next for a while and I'm able to test her again and see if she'll split on the other side with as extreme movement.

So my advice is to look around more on the forum and see what alternatives you might identify and which might take your eye.

If you're within striking distance of Gatwick airport my girls will welcome you to tea and show you differences between TPE and silicone.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

hirotagawa

Post by hirotagawa »

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

And also thanks haremlover for letting me know about your experiences with JY - I'll definitely try holding out for a little while longer and getting the highest quality doll I can. I did notice that jydolls.com isn't listed in the approved vendors on this forum, I'm guessing that's for precisely the reasons you stated!

Also, I'm down in the south west, unfortunately not so close to Gatwick, but still - it's amazing of you to offer! A lot of places on the 'net can seem unnecessarily hostile these days, it's great to find a place like this that just seems so friendly and helpful. Suffice to say if I ever find myself heading towards the London area I'll be sure to get in touch! By that point I (hopefully) will have started my own harem ;)

Just one other thing - something I read just a few hours ago (on this forum, in fact) got me a bit worried - someone mentioned that dolls under ~136cm being imported into the UK might be seized at customs? Could this actually happen? That would be a bit of a nightmare (and perhaps a good reason for me to use a UK vendor). That said, I really - really - like the look of the Elena JY doll...

Anyway, thanks again, I think I'm going to enjoy it here :)

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

Hello and welcome aboard! So you're in the U.K? You won't have any issues with the Elena JY doll as she's big breasted (UK Customs are concerned only with flat chested, young looking girl dolls (Elena is a young woman). I'm a senior member, and absolutely have great respect for Haremlover. I recommend you slow down (I know, it's hard to do) and research JY, compare Elena to others her size, and really take your time. I've a YL 148 that I left in a sitting position over the weekend, and cringed as I straightened her out as the creases were deep (she survived & is fine). YL did start out using others` molds and should've been more upfront about it. They have their own molds now and are on the rise as a contender in the market. I'm preparing to order one myself (after much research). Please PM me and I'll point you in the right direction to research JY yourself. Word of warning: whether you buy the top of the line doll or the bottom (whatever they are), all solid dolls require a lot of maintenance and loving care. More than you realize, but on more than one level, it's worth it.
Cheers, Meso. (pronounced Mee-so)
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

CORRECTION ON MY LAST POST!
I meant to say JY Dolls started with purchased molds, not YL.
YL Dolls is a superior manufacturer and product to the majority of $4000 & under choices we have. I know, because I've been through the gambit and a YL has proven itself over and over.
Me choosing my next doll as a JY has nothing to do with any disappointment with my YL. I love her totally. My choice is solely based on doll measurements and weight. My Amy wants a little sister.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

hirotagawa, strange as it may sound, you might want to start with an inflatable doll or torso doll at first, even though they are not your dream purchase. There are components of doll ownership (like, say, car ownership) that go along with the aesthetic enjoyment of looking at or using a doll. Specifically storage and cleaning.

If you start below your budget and expectations with an inflatable (or a fleshlight, etc.), it will give you the opportunity to learn if you have the interest and time for doll maintenance. You'll also have to decide where you want to store your purchase.

If it all works out, you can then take the next step and aim for the kind of doll you really want. If not, you've not spent a ton of money on a doll you've come to regret.

Good luck! If you do make a purchase, please share your ordering experiences, and photos/details of the unboxing and doll itself. As you've seen, the forum has a real consumer advocacy aspect to it, helping members and lurkers alike identify the quality sellers and manufacturers.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

INFORMATIONS