realsexdoll.com

Another photographer forum newbie, and remorseful Ebay buyer

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Another photographer forum newbie, and remorseful Ebay b

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

At which point you can ship her to me. I'll pay shipping! :wink:

Unknown2
Former Member

Post by Unknown2 »

You will be able to get some (if not all) your money back, keep the doll and sell it on here. Guarantee someone will show interest very quickly...or you can keep her as a test doll as been suggested.

Unknown2

onenrmlone

Post by onenrmlone »

Thanks for all of the thoughtful replies all.. very much appreciated, even if just for the moral support! ;)

To answer some of the questions asked, yes, I assume she is a Racyme. That is, in fact, listed as the Brand on the Ebay listing.

I suppose there isn't any way to really know the quality of the TPE, other than seeing how long she holds up, but then again it seems like TPE damages easy in general, so even then I'm not sure how I'd ever know. Does anyone know what the quality level of Racyme dolls generally is, also as far as being BPA free and all that? She's got a pretty strong Latex smell for sure. Being my first ever doll, of course, I have no benchmark to judge her against.

No, I have not yet sent her back. She's still sitting on top of my washer in the pose shown above.. LOL!

In my initial conversations with the seller, where he said he'd refund me $150 if I decided to keep it, he did say he would send me a label for return shipping if that is what I finally decided to do. Also, when I submitted the actual return request on Ebay, there was an address listed at the bottom of the instructions in City of Industry, CA. Perhaps the seller does have a rep there that deals with all US returns and such, to avoid the multiple int'l shipping, which of course would make no sense at all. Assuming the returned item is still sellable, then they could relist as coming from there, and not pay once again to ship it over here.

That also gives me a little more peace of mind.. I'm in Southern California myself, and if the worst case were to pan out that the seller disputes the return, and wins the argument, then I would offer to simply drive up there and pick the doll back up again if I ended up paying for it anyway. I think at that point I wouldn't be eligible for the $150 anymore.. lol

I'm still waiting on a response from the seller regarding the return request.. it's been almost 24 hours, and nothing so far. Maybe they'll up their offer further now that they know I am serious, and I will decide to keep her after all. Will update as my saga continues.. stay tuned, Dear Readers! ;)

Spencer

onenrmlone

Post by onenrmlone »

samara78 wrote:You do not need to send the doll back file with ebay and paypal. Show them the proof you have collected. They will issue the refund. Do not deal with the ebay guy directly. Go only through paypal or ebay. They will give you a refund. You will get to keep the doll as well. File a claim immediately! Do not wait.
Thanks Samara... your recommendations do somewhat line up with what I am thinking/hoping. Not that my original plan was to order an expensive purchase and then force a refund without returning the item, but then again, I am not the one using bogus photos to advertise inferior products. Perhaps if that outcome happened more often, it would no longer be profitable for shady vendors to operate this way. Yeah, I know, and if magical unicorns were real, the world would be a happier place... :D

Anyway, so yes, I have formally submitted the request through the Ebay system, complete with photos and descriptive evidence. Sent it just before I started this thread, in fact. The Auto-reply states that the seller has until the 22nd to reply and come to agreeable terms, at which point I can then contact Ebay directly and bring them into the conversation. I'll keep you posted.

onenrmlone

Post by onenrmlone »

TTNLBTPD wrote:Honestly, I'm not seeing that much difference. The face looks to be the same. Its hard to tell with body given the skin tone difference. Are you sure you didn't just get wrapped up in a glamor photo? Very few dolls look like the professional photos taken by the manufacturer / vendor. If you got a good deal I'd keep her. Get a better wig and some makeup and you will have what's in the other picture.
Hi TTNL,

Yes, I'm pretty sure that I didn't. The title of the thread mentions I'm a photographer... am actually a professional with decades of experience, so I know what I'm looking at in a photo. Don't take the shot I posted above as reference of my photographic abilities. by the way... that was a quick snapshot I took, doing my best to show the obvious difference in body shape and proportions between the two dolls. I was actually surprised at how dark she came out in that photo... she's quite a bit fairer than that, although probably still a shade darker than what is represented in the seller's photo. I didn't mess with the lighting or do any photoshop to try and lighten her any, because I figure if anything it highlights the differences between the two even further.

Anyway, the body is definitely different.. the funny thing is the advertised dimensions match neither the dimensions of the WM155 nor the dimensions of what they sent, so more evidence for my argument against the seller.

Spencer

onenrmlone

Post by onenrmlone »

Update: Still no reply... I guess it's their weekend now, so I shouldn't expect to hear anything until late Sunday my time at the earliest.

They have until Wednesday before I can bring Ebay in directly, so there's a little time yet.

onenrmlone

Post by onenrmlone »

Well, here we are. The 22nd, and no reply from the seller. Time to bring Ebay in, and see what happens.

onenrmlone

Post by onenrmlone »

Whoops... just checked my Ebay account, and now I see a reply from two days ago. Not sure why I didn't get a notification that I'd gotten a message.

Anyway, in our earlier messaging, I told them that a refund of $450, half of what I paid them, would be the minimum acceptable refund for agreeing to keep the doll. Surprise, surprise, they are now readily agreeing to my terms.

All things considered, not a bad outcome. I will keep her for awhile, at least until I get another doll and get some of the girl/girl photos out of the way... lol. Shouldn't be a problem recouping my investment if and when I do decide to let her go.

Thanks again to all on here for their advice and support, and I look forward to working with a legit distributor for my next purchase. We'll see how ugly the taxes are and go from there.

-Spencer-

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

it does seem I got what I paid for.
Vendor used bait and switch!
I wish I had seen this thread earlier and you could have got her for free!
I have helped people do this twice so far on Ebay scams
It is the only way to teach them a lesson
All you had to do is tell the vendor she must get shipped back to CHINA not the USA and they will not do it.
Love,
The BCD Girls
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS