www.wmdolls.com

inflatable male mannequins (great muscles!)

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Aerial

inflatable male mannequins (great muscles!)

Post by Aerial »

:!: Has anybody seen these male inflatable torso mannequins?
http://www.inflatablemannequins.com/pro ... _type_id=1

Although they are just PVC (not latex), their muscle patterns look pretty real. (Watch this black one with the arms...)

I already managed to carefully heat-stretch the chest of inflatable PVC dolls (superheroes, alien) by hair dryer to improve their chest shape visibly, but I unfortnately yet saw no male inflatable lifesize dolls with muscles remotely like the above torsos. Has anybody made such male lovedolls?

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Re: inflatable male mannequins (great muscles!)

Post by Ricardo »

Aerial [latex trance rese wrote::!: Has anybody seen these male inflatable torso mannequins?
http://www.inflatablemannequins.com/pro ... _type_id=1

Although they are just PVC (not latex), their muscle patterns look pretty real. (Watch this black one with the arms...)

I already managed to carefully heat-stretch the chest of inflatable PVC dolls (superheroes, alien) by hair dryer to improve their chest shape visibly, but I unfortnately yet saw no male inflatable lifesize dolls with muscles remotely like the above torsos. Has anybody made such male lovedolls?
I've never seen a lifesized male love doll with realistic ANYTHING, except maybe the penis, but those are made of something different. I doubt if we'll ever see anything like that. Let me know if you do find something!
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Aerial

New: inflatable MALE full-body mannequins

Post by Aerial »

I just discovered that beside torsos now even full body inflatable PVC mannequins are made. They cost each 29.95$, and compared to cheap vinyl lovedolls their body shape looks pretty realistic.

http://www.inflatablemannequins.com/ite ... detail.htm

They have no hands (and bulge instead of genitals) and only come in monochrome black, white or silver metallic. There is no flesh colour version, but they have this lovely sci-fi Metropolis, superhero or zentai catsuit look and their already exciting body definition can be certainly enhanced a little further by heatstretching. I yet had no chance to examine their robustness (likely thin PVC) and would not recommend to illtreat them with full body weight, but as a decorative, meditation or hug item they are certainly interesting.

Image Image Image

Also female versions exist, however their breast shape looks artificial.

Aerial

I got now my male inflatable mannequins (review)

Post by Aerial »

I finally have ordered 3 male fullsize inflatable mannequins (silver, black, ivory colour) from the above company. Here is my review.

ordering:
I had asked for a discount but they refused, so I paid the regular price of each 29.95 US$ plus even 51.50$ for insured shipping to Europe (USPS Express Mail International) because about every 3rd uninsured parcel from overseas seems to disappear forever.

On 2010-10-14 I transferred 103.22€ through PayPal. On 2010-10-25(?) I found in my mailbox an envelope with 2 gibberish form cards from customs office. I phoned them how to pay, but they requested me to travel personally to the customs office and give them 2 hardcopies of the order form and payment receipt. So I had to go by train there (paid 2x 2.75€ for tickets) and pay >19€ VAT.

Possibly they forced me to come personally and re-open the parcel (that already was pre-opened by customs and re-sealed with printed adhesive film) because to my annoyance the parcel turned out to be underinsured with only 39US$ claimed value despite the bill inside showed the genuine price. So I am not sure if insured shipping was worth the afford (uninsured parcels are often even skipped by customs and so cost no VAT), but loosing the expensively paid parcel for unknowable reasons would be certainly the even greater annoyance.

packaging:
Inside the parcel was the bill, a pink instruction sheet and the 3 inflatable mannequins those were each faithlessly crushed into a tiny transparend plastic bag with printed sticker "Fullsize male with head and arms" (no brand name) closed with a piece of adhesive film. Each bag also contained a piece of patch foil and 2 tiny PVC tubings (about 4cm by 2mm diameter?) intended to hold the valve flaps open for easy deflation.

quality:
After unwrapping the mannequin dolls, their toxic chemical stench soon revealed that they were made of the typical cheap and flimsy Chinese soft PVC foil. This stuff releases the infamously well known antiprana smelling like chlorine mixed with xylene/ toluene and phthalate vapours that made me nearly pass out and forced me to vent the bathroom for many days. I also thoroughly washed them in warm soap water to remove surface dirt, but it will likely take weeks of venting until the solvent odour is gone.

The white ("ivory colour") mannequin had a pinhole in the left chest half that looked like when the foil was crushed by a hard and heavy object on a crossfolded spot. (Hypothetically it might be even result of a customs test for smuggled illicit drugs or whatever their sick mind may have expected inside such very lightweight inflatables.) So I patched it with transparent fishtank silicone glue. It also has slightly different head with wider foil strip as chin, which makes him stare at the ceiling in a strange angle. So it may be an older version, because it was the only specimen with a company sticker on the rear stand mount sleeve. The black mannequin has a welded patch (about 2x2cm) in the back, which was likely done in the factory.

By the crushed packaging they looked very wrinkled after inflation, so I very carefully heated them by hair dryer to smoothen them. (I don't recommend to do much heatstretching with them; unlike simpler dolls, most shape changes only make them uglier.)

construction:
Unlike my initial expectation, the awesome body of these inflatable mans contain neither cardboard pieces nor other solid reinforcements. So these ethereal beings of absolute balance weight each only about 470g. Their entire body consists of only one air chamber; the chest is vertically (from neck center to scrotum) devided by a central membrane that apparently is connected to some horizontal triangular "sails" welded to the chest front to form the abs and breast definition (without appearing also on the back). Only when underinflated, there is a strange wrinkle visible in the middle above his heart. The shoulders are made from 3 panels (additional triangle at the front) to make arms look more natural than the ugly 2 panel sausages of most inflatables. Only the head is a separate chamber.

Both chambers have fairly small inlet valves with the usual kickback flap inside. While this makes sense for the head (small volume), for the body it makes inflation unnecessarily difficult unless it is manually squeezed open, so I have cut the flap out with nail scissors and a drill. Unlike told by the instruction sheet, I can only warn not to inflate such poisonous stinking plasticized PVC items by mouth, so the flap is anyway pointless to "keep air in between breaths".

The impressive body shape is unusual and looks like a 1990th sci-fi robot. The head is too small and somewhat triangular when not overinflated; also the neck is unusually thin with a few wrinkles. The chest has only 2 abs/sixpack lines but looks nicely athletic; on the back you can estimate a spine in the wavy center seam. The arms are nicely defined but unfortunately lack hands (you may retrofit them with glued vinyl gloves). Instead of genitals there is just a bulge. The butt has fairly visible cheeks and the legs look a little thin with a little funny and shoe-shaped feet. Unlike most human shaped inflatables, the legs are not spread at all when normally inflated; the feet even touch each other (you may adjust them by heatstretching with a hair dryer at his crotch); also the feet tips point rather a little up than down. (The female mannequin version looks IMO much uglier and at least some variants have down pointing ballet toe feet like cheap love dolls). Although they can not easily stand by their own, they can lean against a wall and there is a plastic ring for a nylon string on their head (and the stand sleeve on their back) to hold them in place.

Like many Chinese inflatables, these mannequins are noticeably too small; instead of the claimed 68 inches (172.72cm, just like me!) they are only about 166cm when normally inflated, and due to the complex inner construction I also can not recommend to try to overinflate the body to that size because the chest support mechanism may easily tear (like it slowly happened with the shoulder blades inside my heatstretched "Gorgeous Gavin" bodybuilder) which can not be repaired without a degree in - eh - plastic surgery. Only the head may be safely expanded a bit more by heatstretching. Careful local heatstretching may be applied to finetune his breast shape, but do not mess with the arms and especially regard that the head position is stabilized by the left and right shoulder rims, so do not mess these up. (These patented guys are result of really complex designed engineer work and not just 2 halves of a cut out 2D outline pattern welded together.) But generally this perfectly defined body looks much better when only moderately inflated. The tiny wavy ripples at some seams (neck etc.) rather enhance their unearthly semi-organic robot appeal than spoiling it.

conclusion:
I see these inflatable beings with mixed emotions. The technical design is brilliant but the poisonous stinking Chinese PVC is awful. And the ways they came crushed into unlabelled plastic bags like cheap 1€ items reveals that they are obviously the same kind of sweatshop piecework like most other Chinese plastic products and that the big money is obviously made by somebody else.

The instruction sheet by the Inflatable Mannequins company has a note "Copyright 2004-2009 Advanced Sales Technologies, LLC", but the Chinese manufacturer seems to be Shunyi Development Co., Ltd..

But I hope someone will soon create inflatable entertainment robots looking like this. By employing the Babot mechanism, limbs reinforced by Tensairity structures and some additional air chambers controlled by a tiny electro-pneumatic unit it shouldn't be too hard to mass-produce a genuine lightweight inflatable machine-man that can walk and dance and perhaps do some exiting acrobatic things with a live weight of only several 100g to few kg.

Humper

Re: I got now my male inflatable mannequins (review)

Post by Humper »

Aerial wrote:I finally have ordered 3 male fullsize inflatable mannequins (silver, black, ivory colour) from the above company. Here is my review...
Thanks for the info. Sorry these guys turned out to be so ... sorry! Yet again, finding anything "male" oriented can be tough. If these inflatables were better made, they could be modified OR stuffed and modified.

H.

Aerial

male inflatable mannequins on eBay!

Post by Aerial »

Sorry these guys turned out to be so ... sorry! Yet again, finding anything "male" oriented can be tough.
They are not totally bad, but the stinky material is similar to the cheapest Chinese sex dolls. They are still an impressive appearance and may make dreams come true for the so-called robot fetish scene. Or imagine the white one with robotic flapping fancy angel wings mounted on his back, flying around in a large hall. This would look gorgeous during a rock concert and certainly can be easily simulated by attaching some nylon strings and a tiny battery operated motor (perhaps with propeller) on his back.

If anybody in Europe wants one - I just found the silver version for 25£ on eBay sold by dvgleisure:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0446428284

Here are his other items:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/dvgleisure/m.html

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

Just some more notes about the atrocious chemical odour. First I had to thoroughly vent the bathroom every day to avoid to faint. I also deflated them 2 times with open window (first even with hose at nozzle to dump solvent infested air outside). But after 3 weeks it slowly became bearable. After 6 weeks the antiprana got very weak and now (after over 2 month) it isn't even noticeable any more. Sniffing close to it, there is a little phthalate smell (which exists in all soft pvc), but nothing that feels like a sudden fist blow on ones nose any more. It is nice now to hold them in my arms and do some contemplation, which I strictly refused when they were new.

The white mannequin doesn't hold air too well (tips over after a week) despite I patched the pinholes with silicone glue. May be I overlooked another damage. But as a sci-fi robot being they do look gorgeous.

JamesGuyNow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by JamesGuyNow »

I hope they don't contain any toxins.

Aerial

Post by Aerial »

JamesGuyNow wrote:I hope they don't contain any toxins.
Soft PVC is generally fairly toxic. Beside the well known phthalate, it often contains lead, cadmium, TBT and there are especially all kinds of organic solvents (e.g. benzol, PAH) those cause the odour. I consider these solvents the most dangerous chemicals in real life use of PVC - fortunately they vent out after a while.

CuriousGeorgina
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CuriousGeorgina »

To add to the general contention, they also remind me of the classic gray aliens. Verrry creepy.

Aerial

Re: inflatable male mannequins (I now also got a female.)

Post by Aerial »

I just want to report, that after many months the nasty odour faded away.

Recently I bought now a female version of the inflatable mannequin (type BB03) from zgmxl (Z & L International GmbH) on eBay. While it superficially looks very similar, the foil is a smoother shiny silver metallic (like many inflatable pool sharks) and it lacks the stand attachment sleeve, so I am not sure if its was really made by the same manufacturer or factory or just a knock-off. Most important is, despite also these stink badly of solvents, the odour is fortunately less extreme (when brand new roughly like a 2 weeks long well vented previous specimen) and mostly disappears within a week.

While the male body's inner construction looks delicate and I would not recommend to overinflate it, the female version looked very deformed (chest etc.) when only inflated into range 1.0. So I dared to gently overinflate it and do mild heatstretching by hair dryer to smoothen her boob contours and outer upper arm rims. The most critical spot with overinflation seems to be the 2 vertical seams below their waist, but their center structure looks less vulnerable than the complex male abs. The head can even be safely overinflated fully oval until all seam ripple dissapears. It feels quite tight by this, but the unproblematic shape has no risky spots endangered to overload. The head even turned too round when inflated stronger, so I deflated it a bit. I expect that also the head of males can be expanded this way, but IMO they look much nicer with their original robotic shape (flat face and beard-like ripple pattern). Yet she seems to hold air well and the shape isn't too ugly although the breast contour was designed to mimic clothed ones.

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Thanks Aerial - it's always interesting to learn about other models and ideas/alterations like this one. :thumbs_up:

Glad the smell finally went away too!

Any chance of some pics or a link to your examples?

(edit) ah okay, found pics in the guy's ebay shop. the original sale ended
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Aerial

Re: inflatable male mannequins (tech. construction & repair)

Post by Aerial »

While the black and the silver mannequin are ok, the white man always suffered of ailments. He had several small leaks e.g. at a rear foot seam and shoulder (always where 3 foils mend) those were very difficult to find because they opened only when slightly slack and stayed sealed when tested under water (likely by water pressure) or when fully inflated. A drop of PVC glue worked well once the correct spot was identified. But by a poorly double-welded crinkled nape seam also his head stared to the sky like when he was praying for divine help or yearned to return to his home planet. After I tried to pull the crinkled part loose, structures inside started to split apart and so within some months his chest and back deformed and bulged out. So after some meditation I finally dared to cut a horizontal incision in one side of his back to examine the defect and understand the clever mechanism inside.

Their patented body contains a straight keel along the entire spine made from 2 transparent foils (one for each body halve) those each divide into several additional welded lobes attached to various spots at the front to shape it. Some lobes are rotated by 90° to e.g. make the awesome sixpack abs pattern in the male version. To prevent the foil from tearing out at seam ends, it is shaped curved in such a way that the end sections are "too long" and thus always stay a little slack (crinkle inwards) even when fully inflated. (The mannequin body has only one air chamber; only the head is separate to make its size adjustable or ease dressing by head deflation.) The keel is held between the welded ends of the left and right back halve those as separate foils protrude inside as the spine. Mine was torn loose at the nape and so the split worked its way down the the middle of his chest. With PVC glue I managed to re-attach the keel to the spine. Most difficult was to seal his surgery wound because the very low grade PVC foil tends to split by any jagged rim (worse than latex - almost like cellophane) which had to be cut out with round edges to prevent the crack from travelling. I finally patched it with a piece of a beach ball, which works fairly well (he still sometimes faints with soft legs by atmospheric pressure change). Seeing the flimsy material, it surprises even more how well the complex construction is engineered, because all those rounded rims at the forking inner supporting membranes and their inward folded seam ends make it function well and survive minor overloads without damage. Only sloppy sweatshop labour threw him out of whack and made seams fail in spots where they normally wouldn't.

While the original mannequins are made from cheapest PVC foil, the same principle can be certainly adapted for latex doll modification. I would suggest to make the keel from 2 pieces of sheet latex to connect them to the back as a T- rather than L-shaped glue joint to reduce strain. Thicker latex will stretch less and so permits to keep the body flat and expand more sideways when inflated a bit larger.

INFORMATIONS