reallovesexdolls.com

First time Buyer, Having trouble deciding.

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Unkindled
Active Poster
Active Poster

First time Buyer, Having trouble deciding.

Post by Unkindled »

Hello there, new member here and on RLSD. I've known I wanted a Doll for a while now. I'm not good at...interpersonal relationships so a GF is out of the question. That and well most the girls around here who I get along with are already married with children. (Can you tell I'm also using this as a 'hello....it's me' moment?)

So at first I thought all dolls would be 7-8K because of Real Doll. But then an Ebay search lead me to RLSD and holy moley do they look good. From everything I've read about the dealers through on site reviews and browsing here their trustworthy and very consumer friendly. And best of all for my particular situation they do layaway payments. *falls to knee and gives praise*

I've narrowed down my choices to a few good pre-optioned dolls but I can't decide between them. Plus I wanted to get the Super Soft TPE because wow does that stuff jiggle. O.O Squishy booty. (Don't know if you can add that to the Pre ones I should ask them earlier during the day.)
So a few questions to anyone who cares.
- What color of clothing is best? (I've heard some colors can bleed into the skin) Or was that Silicone...
- How long does the Powder keep her soft for? (I have a fleshlight or two and they get powdered by the same stuff but their stored and covered completely.)
- I also want to sleep with the doll Not just sex but...well...actually in bed next to me I'm rather lonely so I just...I know that can sound weird but. Well theirs another whole topic here just suggestions?
- What should be 'under' during. I mean Towel wise. Since I want the Softer TPE.
- Wig Care? I have never owned a wig.

Storage wise I've already decided to invest in the closet bar (for some it comes free.) and the Dust Bags. Unless anyone has a suggestion for cheaper bags. That raises a point depending on the size how far off the ground should she be?

Cleaning I've read mixed things. The spray thing comes with most dolls. and I'll probably spring for the care kit too. But since I'm getting a non-removable vagina. (ruins the fantasy a bit to pull that out but that's just me.) I'm wondering the best method would be for cleaning? Here's what I was thinking my general break down would be.
- Remove head. (To clean if used.)
- Spray outside with Toy Cleaner wipe down with warm water.
- Dry outside with soft towel, Microfiber, pat down.
- Use Irrigator filled with warm water to flush out used parts.
- Use Irrigator with isopropyl alcohol (70% or should I water it down more.)
- Swish around, fingers or the end of the irrigator.
- Dry inside (Don't know what to use here a brand of soft Paper towel? That's my idea. I do have Microfiber cloths)
- Once dry brush with Powder.

I've used similar methods on my Fleshlights and all of them are still fresh and lovely. Aside from how easy the closet bar makes dressing I think it would make powdering her easier too.

The ones I'm torn between: 141CM F-CUP ZOE The amount of flexibility is outrageous. Imagine the Ultra Soft TPE on this one. Overall just very pleasing on the eyes.
161CM G-CUP CAMILLE. *motorboating* Demure looking, I could see her as a princess with the right dress. But like Zoe I don't like the lack of an enhanced mouth option.
155CM DD-CUP DAISY Daisy is the Frontrunner for me right now. Not only does she look great, and with a body that would benefit from the Ultra Soft TPE but she has the enhanced mouth option, but also an additional outfit. Torn between the Maroon Set and the Nurse Cosplay. Also I've always had a thing for Asian girls. Might get a pubic hair add on later but not a must have.

So any suggestions or answers are welcome. Thank you for reading.

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: First time Buyer, Having trouble deciding.

Post by CrashTW »

Unkindled wrote:Hello there, new member here and on RLSD. I've known I wanted a Doll for a while now. I'm not good at...interpersonal relationships so a GF is out of the question. That and well most the girls around here who I get along with are already married with children. (Can you tell I'm also using this as a 'hello....it's me' moment?)

-snip-

So any suggestions or answers are welcome. Thank you for reading.
Welcome Unkindled.
I am also an upcoming owner, though I have spent the better part of a year lurking here on TDF, researching and studying.
I actually just typed up a big long honkin' post as my first post to another new user that had similar questions.
You can review it here for a lot of general information for TPE dolls, which is what RLSD has:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p1089367

It touches on cleaning and maintenance for TPE dolls. Possible issues you can encounter such as tearing at high stress points, staining, compression or creasing, dirt and dust, mold, etc.
There are some great posts I linked in there regarding keeping your doll in top shape for a long time using Parrafin oils like mineral oil, vaseline, and baby oil. These things are bad for silicone, but turns out they are fantastic for TPE.

The questions are common place, and many users here have spent a lot of time investigating, troubleshooting, testing, and reporting back to the continued growth of the community.
I may just take the time to re-write all that information into a more easily browsed and better formatted post in the hopes it can help new users.

For powder, how long it lasts depends on how much you change the clothes of the doll, how much time you spent intimate with the doll, how much you are physically in contact with the doll, and other similar things.
The powder also "dries out" the TPE, which can lead to the tearing issues mentioned in the post I linked. So you find a good balance of oiling the doll up, which restores the "like new" condition of the material and powdering, which makes the doll feel soft and smooth.
The most common thing I find is members seem to have a weekly ritual of cleaning their doll(s) and powdering them, so say their Saturday afternoon is spent cleaning their ladies up and out, drying them off lightly, I think microfiber towels would be best for this to eliminate lint.
Note the vaginal, anal, or oral cavities, those you want bone dry and can use tampons, or an air pump from an aquarium, or a hairdryer with a SUPER LIGHT setting and a narrow nozzle attachment. For the hairdryer, just keep in mind hot TPE is bad bad bad. The material will melt if you go blasting it on high with a hair dryer. You do not want to get it around/above 50 C.

For cavity cleaning, warm water, not hot, with a mild antibacterial hand soap seem to be the most popular and recommended.
Then either tampons, air pumps, or a hot air blower with a low-low setting are common drying methods to ensure the cavities are completely dried out, and a coating of vaseline and allowing it many hours to fully soak into the TPE material. This inhibits any chance of mold. Vaseline also doesn't allow water to be absorbed, so water flows out much easier from the cavities.

You mentioned a toy cleaner that you have. I would check the ingredients on it first and compare it to the mineral oil thread started by a chemist here on TDF, it is linked in my original post I provided above. Many toys are TPR, not TPE. They are chemically different, and what is good for one is not always good for the other. I would hate to have you damage your new doll accidentally.

For under the doll. Wrinkle free sheets/towel is ideal. Light colors, white, flesh-tone, light pink, etc are the safest. I am a big fan of microfiber because TPE is technically made from oils, and anything "oil" draws lint and dust like a fracking super magnet.
I have not read many issues of lint and dust on TDF though, so the solidity of the material likely helps with that. I just have microfiber towels and such on standby for when I order my doll to further eliminate any possibility of it.

Keep in mind you can play mix and match with the heads and skin tones by ordering a "custom" doll. They are the same price, and RLSD has that option listed along the top.
You pick the body that a pre-made got you hot for but didn't like the head or want that upgraded mouth option, you can still have that body, pick a head that you really are drawn to, pick the skin tone, wig options, most of the pre-configured at RLSD list what skin tone they are, what head they are, what wig they are using, etc so if there is an option that doesn't do it for you you can use the "customize" to rebuild that pre-configured doll and change that option.

I know I sort of pointed you at another post instead of answering directly, and I do apologize for that. The information is heavily spread around TDF, which I think makes it difficult for new members to easily access or find.

One thing to remember, though, is everyone here at TDF is pretty nice and helpful. So ask questions until your fingers fall off and your keyboard explodes. You will get answers-a-plenty.

Edit: A couple typos and incoherent fixes.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Welcome!

Ultra soft TPE has had some issues I think. There were at least a couple of cases where the doll was horribly disfigured or damaged during shipping. Since it's soft it is extremely fragile and prone to flattening.

Like you I was all for visual and aesthetic in regards to what doll I should get wen I first started looking. If you want a long-term companion out of your doll, the practical side of things should not be discarded either.

Happy doll hunting!
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Welcome unkindled
To get super soft skin is a very dangerous game, especially when you choose the heavier ones. 141 is built like a tank, very durable but firm as standard. Joints are very tight. With supersoft it would provoke fast tearing. For your first doll and lifelike experience it's comprehensible that you want it soft. Then you should let her lying in the bed permanently. No standing option needed. Removable vag all the way.
155 is the easiest to move and rotate in your bed. Known as a bomb for sexual purpose, because of her thin waist and soft skin as standard. Joints are easy to move.
Since you don't want that, stay away from supersoft.
161&155 are for standard soft and both of them feels amazing
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

Unkindled
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Unkindled »

Yeah Booty Call Dolls sent me a big PM with a ton of info I'm still going over. The oil sounds like a good idea, so it would go Oil-wait for it to asorb-Powder. Also thank you Booty Call, I can't reply yet due to being new but I appreciate it.

The more I hear about the Extra or Ultra Soft options (are they two different things?) The more I'm turned off of them for a first time purchase. She will be my first and for a long while at least only doll. So maybe going with something easier to care for would be a better idea.

Good thing I like lighter colors. I'm gonna need to get a few more though. So that goes for sleeping too? Put a towel under her on the bed?

Also as I was looking for places where I could but the closet bar. I said this outloud and it would sound really weird out of context: "Is she 5 feet with or without the head?" ...

Where is that chemist post? Air pump, well just from a quick glance on Amazon their are some cost efficient options. Any particular model that works better then others. I have a hair dryer and attachments but I'd like to avoid heat if possible. So no Alcohol at all? Coat the insides with Vaseline? Could the afore mentioned mineral oil be used as well?

I generally have at least one day a week I know I'm gonna be free Might have to do it twice a week because I plan to sleep next to the doll.

Microfiber seems to be a very popular choice. Should go and price a set or two.

The head I like the most is: #73 so far. It doesn't have the upgraded mouth option, which sucks. Daisy's head which I think is 36 does.
Dr Dollinger wrote:Welcome unkindled
To get super soft skin is a very dangerous game, especially when you choose the heavier ones. 141 is built like a tank, very durable but firm as standard. Joints are very tight. With supersoft it would provoke fast tearing. For your first doll and lifelike experience it's comprehensible that you want it soft. Then you should let her lying in the bed permanently. No standing option needed. Removable vag all the way.
155 is the easiest to move and rotate in your bed. Known as a bomb for sexual purpose, because of her thin waist and soft skin as standard. Joints are easy to move.
Since you don't want that, stay away from supersoft.
161&155 are for standard soft and both of them feels amazing
Yeah I think I'm gonna pass on the super soft skin for now Too many cons not enough pros.

Edit: Question about sleeping with the doll. My Bed already has Memory foam. I think about 2-3 inches. I'll double check but should I still get a memory foam topper so her perky behind stays nice and round?

GTGuy
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GTGuy »

I have no personal experience of super soft tpe, but from what I've read it's not recommended at all. There are a few threads covering this, and most importantly several vendors here on TDF advise against supersoft. Besides, regular TPE is plenty soft. So, pretty much what everyone else said.

Regarding dolls, I was on the verge of ordering the WM155 as well but opted for the JY158 instead, just personal preference, but the 155 is pretty much considered a safe bet, I don't think you can go wrong with that.

Good luck!

GTGuy
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GTGuy »

Off topic: CrashTW, i think the wordcount in your fewer than 10 posts must be a TDF record! :haha4:

Seriously though, well done. You have very informative posts and I enjoy reading them, and learn stuff too. Keep em coming. :glou:

Unkindled
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Unkindled »

Also from all the other things I've read it sounds like the standing feet would be a good option for me as I have a shower not a bath, so washing her would be much easier with the feet. we could bath together. HAHA!

'Put plastic bags around her head and feet when washing her' again another of those lines that is really odd out of context.

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Your memory foam is just enough. You should only change her position from time to time to avoid flatening, if she remains in the same pose for a long period. Depends also on the grade of softness.
If your doll don't stay in the bed, standing option is a must. Can you imagine your dream girl only sitting or lying forever?
It's really worth the money to see her in full shape, besides from dressing her is so much easier ...
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

Dr Dollinger wrote:Your memory foam is just enough. You should only change her position from time to time to avoid flatening, if she remains in the same pose for a long period. Depends also on the grade of softness.
If your doll don't stay in the bed, standing option is a must. Can you imagine your dream girl only sitting or lying forever?
It's really worth the money to see her in full shape, besides from dressing her is so much easier ...
Yup. Most of my life I've gone with aesthetics first. Regretted it almost every time eventually. It usually comes with a cost of practicality and/or durability.

While getting an ultra soft TPE probably gives a pleasant experience in bed, I'm afraid, you'll come here couple of days after getting the doll to show pictures of tears, flat shapes and disappointment. Like the other people that got ultra soft TPE. Then, what could've been a start of something amazing for years to come ends up with you giving up on the hobby due to a bad experience.

Then we can only come to console you and say that we tried to warn you.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

Sounds to me best bet is sponge bath in bed, no point risking damage by lots of needless trips to shower.

Unkindled
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Unkindled »

Like I said I've decided against the super soft option. When everyone in the room goes, ehhhhh at the same time it's often a sign.

CrashTW
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CrashTW »

Unkindled wrote:Yeah Booty Call Dolls sent me a big PM with a ton of info I'm still going over. The oil sounds like a good idea, so it would go Oil-wait for it to asorb-Powder. Also thank you Booty Call, I can't reply yet due to being new but I appreciate it.

The more I hear about the Extra or Ultra Soft options (are they two different things?) The more I'm turned off of them for a first time purchase. She will be my first and for a long while at least only doll. So maybe going with something easier to care for would be a better idea.
From everything I can locate for information on the ultra soft TPE material, it is not a good buy for a first time owner. Consider that material still heavily in the "testing" phase. It will be tweaked and changed for some time and in a couple years may be better able to withstand transport, storage, and use.
The standard TPE is still quite soft, I feel, so it isn't the end of the world. I have around 11 different TPE sample rectangles/squares two of them are ultra soft. I used them for basic testing and study over my year long research spree.
Unkindled wrote:Good thing I like lighter colors. I'm gonna need to get a few more though. So that goes for sleeping too? Put a towel under her on the bed?
If you have wrinkle free sheets, or keep her on the blanket she will ship with, you do not need to do this. You mainly do not want her sitting on a wrinkle/crease in the bedding for eight or nine hours, or more if she stays in bed while you are out at work or away from home. That will lead to impressions on the TPE.
Unkindled wrote:Also as I was looking for places where I could but the closet bar. I said this outloud and it would sound really weird out of context: "Is she 5 feet with or without the head?" ...
Measurements are with the head attached on the spec sheets/doll measurements vendors often have on the sites. I had to ask myself as this was fairly unclear and not mentioned anywhere I could locate.
For the closet bar, I am uncertain. I am not planning to use or buy one. She can be stored safely in the box she comes shipped in, with all the foam and padding it comes with and her blanket around her. Many members do this.
Others leave their dolls out and standing, if they have the standing option.
I personally plan to machine my own storage trunk for the doll and use memory foam and dense foam inserts that I will cut to shape. I have experience with wood working and metal working, and a big box is not exactly high on the challenge chart of either of those materials.
Unkindled wrote:Where is that chemist post? Air pump, well just from a quick glance on Amazon their are some cost efficient options. Any particular model that works better then others. I have a hair dryer and attachments but I'd like to avoid heat if possible. So no Alcohol at all? Coat the insides with Vaseline? Could the afore mentioned mineral oil be used as well?
In the original post I replied with I had a link to my first TDF post that had a lot of information on TPE dolls, care, possible troubles, etc. It also included the URL to the chemist thread. I will post it here for you directly as well:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=77364

I have a hair dryer that works in "fan" mode, so I plan to use this. For air pumps, I am uncertain if any brand is better than another. I have never kept or cared for fish or other aquarium life so have never needed to purchase these products. I am sure some TDF members might be able to assist you with that though.

Alcohol on TPE is bad. It causes dehydration of the TPE, and TPE is very porous and full of good oil that keeps it stretchy and squishy.
One of my test TPE pieces I exposed to alcohol long term pretty much disintegrated, what didn't waste away went rock hard, and I mean rock hard. I could likely break a car window with the thing.
Using vaseline, or baby oil, or mineral oil, or Nivea Cream refreshes/resupplies that oil that slowly evaporates away. Powder speeds up the evaporation process, not in a way that it will dry out the follow day or the day after or anything, just speeds it up a bit. So you find a nice balance of oiling her up and powdering her up. A little refresh and diminish cycle of a sort.
Unkindled wrote:I generally have at least one day a week I know I'm gonna be free Might have to do it twice a week because I plan to sleep next to the doll.

Microfiber seems to be a very popular choice. Should go and price a set or two.

The head I like the most is: #73 so far. It doesn't have the upgraded mouth option, which sucks. Daisy's head which I think is 36 does.

Edit: Question about sleeping with the doll. My Bed already has Memory foam. I think about 2-3 inches. I'll double check but should I still get a memory foam topper so her perky behind stays nice and round?
I usually get weekends to myself, so Saturday is the day I plan to pamper the lady I decide upon. All in all, it won't take more than an hour or hour and a half in total to meet all the checks of a maintenance list. Not factoring in allowing vaseline or nivea cream or whatever you decided to go with to soak in. That can take a couple hours total, so you figure out a good time to allow all that to take place without a major disruption to your day/night/amorous activities.

I personally prefer microfiber because I hate lint. As I said, I have not seen a whole lot of posts here on TDF complaining about lint, but I figure better safe than sorry.

Your memory foam mattress meets the minimum suggested thickness for dolls to be on for longer stretches. I do not see an issue arising for you there.
-
GTGuy wrote:Off topic: CrashTW, i think the wordcount in your fewer than 10 posts must be a TDF record! :haha4:

Seriously though, well done. You have very informative posts and I enjoy reading them, and learn stuff too. Keep em coming. :glou:
I honestly do not try to make the posts long, however, I am very used to research and writing reports and/or manuals. This requires a high level of detailed writing to get a specific point across clearly. That leads to a high number of sentences, or in forum vernacular "stupid long posts".

I plan on reworking my original first TDF post, which I learned late yesterday evening the staff of TDF have decided to sticky due to the information available in it.
I plan to make it more comprehensive, add information I glossed over or skipped entirely, and improve the formatting so it is easier to read or locate specific information in.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Regarding sleep, I don't have memory foam, just a regular mattress and its not damaging Brie in any way after 6+ months. Granted, ultra-soft might be more susceptible than the normal mix. I try not to lay her on creases in the sheets either but she probably has and I've not noticed any lines showing up on her body so I'm not sure this is a terrible concern. Don't lay her on creases on purpose, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You definitely want to make sure your sheets will not stain though. The full pressure of her weight on her shoulders, ass, hips, or wherever else her pressure points are when sleeping would be very likely to stain if your sheets aren't tested first (Use the spare chunk and add a heavy weight on top of it to press it into your sheets for a few days, then check the chunk for stains.) Until you're sure, keep her on the towel she ships with.

While staining is likely most important worry, be concerned with hand placement as well. You don't want sheets to catch on her fingers or your rolling around to cause her to shift position and drag her fingers out of alignment, either of which can cause them to pop out of the palm socket and/or poke the wires through.

Also consider that dolls need a relatively thin pillow if sleeping on back, and no pillow at all if sleeping on chest (flatter chested dolls only). Their necks don't have the range of normal humans.

Unkindled
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Unkindled »

JunkGuy wrote:Regarding sleep, I don't have memory foam, just a regular mattress and its not damaging Brie in any way after 6+ months. Granted, ultra-soft might be more susceptible than the normal mix. I try not to lay her on creases in the sheets either but she probably has and I've not noticed any lines showing up on her body so I'm not sure this is a terrible concern. Don't lay her on creases on purpose, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You definitely want to make sure your sheets will not stain though. The full pressure of her weight on her shoulders, ass, hips, or wherever else her pressure points are when sleeping would be very likely to stain if your sheets aren't tested first (Use the spare chunk and add a heavy weight on top of it to press it into your sheets for a few days, then check the chunk for stains.) Until you're sure, keep her on the towel she ships with.

While staining is likely most important worry, be concerned with hand placement as well. You don't want sheets to catch on her fingers or your rolling around to cause her to shift position and drag her fingers out of alignment, either of which can cause them to pop out of the palm socket and/or poke the wires through.

Also consider that dolls need a relatively thin pillow if sleeping on back, and no pillow at all if sleeping on chest (flatter chested dolls only). Their necks don't have the range of normal humans.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I plan to keep her on her towel at first till I can get more sheets of proper color. Pink, white etc. I'm gonna take advice from elsewhere in these forums and put similar colored socks/mittens on her hands and positionthem more on her body so I don't roll over them. I'll need to test the pillow too. It's very light colored right now by a mix of light colors. Eh they'll probably be changed long before she gets here. I'm just excited about not waking up alone every day.

INFORMATIONS