reallovesexdolls.com

Maintaining TPE - Looking for tips and tricks

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
caffeinebuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Maintaining TPE - Looking for tips and tricks

Post by caffeinebuzz »

I know there are several threads about this but information seems to be scattered about. So, as a brand new doll owner, I am trying to get a good collection of care and maintenance techniques together in this thread. My biggest fear with my doll is damaging her, especially in places that won't be easily fixed with TPE glue. After a few days of having her around, I've identified different parts that will be problematic in the future (fingers, toes, underarms, cavities). Are there others that any of you found to also cause problems?

In particular, I have been unable to find good info on ways to dry out the cavities. I always feel like I am going to cause frays or tearing when I clean her after use. It has not happened yet but it feels dangerous each time. I just feel like I don't know what I am doing, despite following directions and being as careful as I can. TPE seems durable but, stuff happens. Are there any tips or tricks any of you can offer me to ensure my doll stays in perfect condition for a long time?

I have often seen that "common sense and following directions for care" is the way to keep her good as new. I get the feeling when I handle her, that common sense and following directions are not quite enough. As far as the other parts identified (fingers, toes, underarms), what is the trick for keeping those from being damaged? And can anyone confirm for me if Vaseline is safe to use to keep her skin looking and feeling new? Thanks in advance!

Azuwish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Maintaining TPE - Looking for tips and tricks

Post by Azuwish »

I'm too new myself to offer much useful advice, but one thing that can help to protect the fingers and toes is to put socks on the hands and feet whenever you dress or relocate her. Also carefully planning out any long distance (room to room or further for example) moves is definitely a good idea :wink:

I'm looking for any good tips beyond the existing threads (which are all must reads) as well, so I'll be following here!

Enjoy your new gal, I can't say how much my Nikki has exceeded my expectations!

caffeinebuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by caffeinebuzz »

@Azuwish

Socks, that's a great idea actually. Will keep her feet clean too. Thanks!

Same to you, btw. I totally agree about the expectations. My Harper is far better than I was expecting.

DocCIS

Post by DocCIS »

Being a newbie myself, I can only go by what I've read on the forums over the last year or so I've been lurking and lately been a member....
caffeinebuzz wrote:In particular, I have been unable to find good info on ways to dry out the cavities. I always feel like I am going to cause frays or tearing when I clean her after use. It has not happened yet but it feels dangerous each time. I just feel like I don't know what I am doing, despite following directions and being as careful as I can. TPE seems durable but, stuff happens. Are there any tips or tricks any of you can offer me to ensure my doll stays in perfect condition for a long time?
One of the most helpful suggestions I've read is purchasing an aquarium air filter from your local pet store. Stick the tubing in her orifices and let it run for a few hours...seems to be a great suggestion for drying out cavities.
caffeinebuzz wrote:I have often seen that "common sense and following directions for care" is the way to keep her good as new. I get the feeling when I handle her, that common sense and following directions are not quite enough. As far as the other parts identified (fingers, toes, underarms), what is the trick for keeping those from being damaged? And can anyone confirm for me if Vaseline is safe to use to keep her skin looking and feeling new? Thanks in advance!
Part of the regimen for TPE dolls is monthly bathing, followed by a good mineral oiling, and weekly Vaseline or Nivea creme in the more sensitive parts (underarms, knees, crotch)...once that is absorbed, it should be followed by a good powder. One of the best threads for TPE care is here: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=77364 (and yes, read all 25 pages, LOL)

As to preventing fingers and toes from getting snagged, I've read keeping your doll in footies and even putting socks on her hands at night so they don't snag on the covers is helpful...or at least putting gloves on her. I have footies and gloves and a bodysuit for my girl when she arrives to be her normal "night time" wear when we're just snuggling...

Hope that helps

caffeinebuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by caffeinebuzz »

@DocCIS

Thanks for the feedback. The air filter idea is great. And likely a thousand times safer/more efficient. Going out for one of those tomorrow! And mineral oil = baby oil or is mineral oil its own thing?

DocCIS

Post by DocCIS »

caffeinebuzz wrote:Thanks for the feedback. The air filter idea is great. And likely a thousand times safer/more efficient. Going out for one of those tomorrow! And mineral oil = baby oil or is mineral oil its own thing?
Mineral Oil = Baby Oil, but don't get the one with Aloe or Cocoa Butter in it...just the plain Jane pink label Johnson and Johnson (or similar)...

caffeinebuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by caffeinebuzz »

Mineral Oil = Baby Oil, but don't get the one with Aloe or Cocoa Butter in it...just the plain Jane pink label Johnson and Johnson (or similar)...[/quote]

Got it, thank you!

oberyn
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oberyn »

Make sure you clean off any powder before you put Vaseline on because it will turn the powder black and its a pain to clean off.i put socks on her feet for her toes but i just keep the hand fingers together.i use an fish pump to dry her holes and a microfiber towel.cornstarch over baby powder since bp can cause cancer.i keep her arms and legs spread out a bit like this to avoid creasing in the underarms and inner thighs.
Attachments
0ccc2510d149874f3f1fb2b362d0d477.jpg
0ccc2510d149874f3f1fb2b362d0d477.jpg (44.71 KiB) Viewed 5119 times

Kumasiusa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Kumasiusa »

I like the socks on hands idea and the aquarium pump one is brilliant.I have a bunch of old aquarium stuff so ill be sure to give that one a try.Vaseline sounds like it would be fun to apply and don't get me started on the baby oil
,I love when strippers smell like baby oil :D

I was wondering myself - if it is ok to wrap your doll in tight plastic wrap of some sort after applying oil ? and possibly afterwards after powder having a loose clear plastic cover such as painters disposable dropcloth.
Melissa aka Missy - RLSD 141cm F-cup Naomi Pre-Config.
http://matrix.dollforum.com/doll_generi ... nber=1662#

caffeinebuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by caffeinebuzz »

Is there a particular tank filter any of you recommend?

Kumasiusa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Kumasiusa »

not a filter but just an air pump and small length of tubing.you know the pumps that sit outside the tank with tubing running to an airstone or bubbling scuba diver etc.

Tetra whisper brand air pumps are cheap, good quality and best from what I remember ..
https://www.chewy.com/tetra-whisper-non ... lsrc=aw.ds
Melissa aka Missy - RLSD 141cm F-cup Naomi Pre-Config.
http://matrix.dollforum.com/doll_generi ... nber=1662#

itvman

Post by itvman »

I use petroleum jelly (vaseline) instead of mineral oil. It's cheaper and once you smear it on it liquifies and is much easier to apply with your hands than runny oil. One of those little bottles of vaseline will do an entire doll. Then leave her overnight and powder her in the morning and she'll feel great all over.

DocCIS

Post by DocCIS »

Kumasiusa wrote:I was wondering myself - if it is ok to wrap your doll in tight plastic wrap of some sort after applying oil ? and possibly afterwards after powder having a loose clear plastic cover such as painters disposable dropcloth.
No need to wrap them in plastic wrap, the mineral oil absorbs in about an hour or so...vaseline and Nivea creme take longer, but eventually absorb as well...

piacere
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by piacere »

I wouldn't spend much time in aquarium air pump. They are so weak, i tried the strongest and still is like you never know if will take 10 hours to even start to work. Right where it count's the most, in the deepest part a little wet spot might remain and then you will have problems.

This is best i think.
You can feel the power, add a little straw to the tip and let it go all the way down the cavities, move the tip of the straw around a bit. It makes noise but 10 minutes and is all dry perfect.
this is the only suggestion i can give, aside from scooter member, that after dry is done, put a straw and let it sit there, to keep the cavities from be close air tight, to let them breath :)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-120-Vo ... /202871788
It is not how fast you go, but how you go fast.
It is not how slow you go, but how you go slow.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

I have one of those, and I agree it works faster, but unless you're in a rural area they're just too loud. You couldn't use this in the middle of the night if you live in an apartment building. Just as fair warning.

I personally use the tetra whisper aquarium pump Kumasiusa linked above and I'll vouch for it. Dry the area as much as you can with a paper towel and the aquarium pump takes another 15-20 minutes to dry the deeper part of the canal. Placing the tube in as far as it goes, you can hear the difference when the tube is in place at the deep end of the canal. It's very easy to be sure it's really dry. :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS