reallovesexdolls.com

Maintaining TPE - Looking for tips and tricks

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Maintaining TPE - Looking for tips and tricks

Post by JunkGuy »

The link above provides all the worthwhile TPE care tips you'd need.

Consider use of both Vaseline/petroleum jelly and baby oil. They both have their uses.

If you sleep in bed with your doll, socks or mittens are preferable to gloves to prevent damage. The greatest risk to damage is a sheet getting caught on a fingernail and turning, twisting, or yanking that finger into a weird angle. Gloves can still cause an individual finger to move. Mittens or a tight sock (not so tight it cuts into the TPE though) would require all the fingers to move in unison, which is far less likely to happen. Generally though I just position Brie's arms to put her hands in positions where the covers can't easily get to them, like under her hip or back.

caffeinebuzz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by caffeinebuzz »

I was reading that mega thread on maintenance and care. What I gathered is that use of Vaseline as lubricant means cleaning/drying is not required every time, provided the pull out method is used. Something about mold not being able to form on a surface saturated with mineral oil. Is this at all accurate?

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Yup. Vaseline clogs up the porous TPE leaving mold no 'pits' to grow in. Both Vaseline and baby oil contain mineral oils that form a moisture barrier preventing new moisture (and with it, molds) from adhering to the TPE. Similar analogy to cars and rust - Vaseline is paint that prevents rust from pitting and spoiling iron; oils are like wax that keep water out.

Also, awesome lube. Sticky and a little smelly, but it doesn't spill out or run everywhere like the Fleshwater or other water-based lubes. (Cowgirl with a water based lube is messy.)

MrSomaru
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by MrSomaru »

JunkGuy wrote:Yup. Vaseline clogs up the porous TPE leaving mold no 'pits' to grow in. Both Vaseline and baby oil contain mineral oils that form a moisture barrier preventing new moisture (and with it, molds) from adhering to the TPE. Similar analogy to cars and rust - Vaseline is paint that prevents rust from pitting and spoiling iron; oils are like wax that keep water out.

Also, awesome lube. Sticky and a little smelly, but it doesn't spill out or run everywhere like the Fleshwater or other water-based lubes. (Cowgirl with a water based lube is messy.)
Eh, some of the japanese water based lubes are actually pretty tidy. Thicker, but still work the same.

Jesphel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jesphel »

A timely thread! I was wondering about how to dry the innermost reaches of a lady's intimate areas.

Aquarium pump is a great idea. I remember someone saying they use a hairdryer, but I lack the patience for that. I did try leaving my doll with her legs akimbo (very undignified!) with limited success. She was, incidentally, very distracting lying on the kitchen table like that!

Does anyone have any tips for how to apply Vaseline deep inside? Sadly, I'm not sufficiently endowed to "bottom out", nor blessed with a GlansCam so I can direct Vaseline at where it's needed.

symmes

Post by symmes »

Jesphel wrote:Does anyone have any tips for how to apply Vaseline deep inside? Sadly, I'm not sufficiently endowed to "bottom out", nor blessed with a GlansCam so I can direct Vaseline at where it's needed.
I use a small spatula to apply Vaseline to the interior of my doll's insert.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Jesphel wrote:I remember someone saying they use a hairdryer
I wouldn't do that. You can't really focus a hairdryer all that much, so by the time the hairdryer could dry out where its wet it'll dry out where its not even moreso, and TPE that is too dry becomes damaged. If you go with a hairdryer you'll need to immediately apply some baby oil or something to restore the TPE. Aquarium pumps, douches, and the like are much safer alternatives.

Admittedly, I have used a hairdryer on TPE once - after my outside shoot in the snow. At that point it really was important to melt off the ice and snow from Brie's hand that had been resting in it for about an hour. Even so I used the low setting and took a good 5 minutes or so to slowly melt off the snow and ice by waving the dryer back and forth across her palm and fingers. I wasn't blasting her hand with solid high heat.

Jesphel wrote:Does anyone have any tips for how to apply Vaseline deep inside?
Use a spoon (specifically, apply to the bottom side, not the 'cup' side.) A dull plastic knife might also work if you have one handy. Definitely don't use anything with a sharp or serrated edge, whether metal or plastic.

Jesphel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jesphel »

JunkGuy wrote:I wouldn't do that.
I didn't :) I ordered an aquarium pump -- surprised they're so cheap.
JunkGuy wrote:Use a spoon
Good idea! Thank you!

DocCIS

Post by DocCIS »

Jesphel wrote:Does anyone have any tips for how to apply Vaseline deep inside? Sadly, I'm not sufficiently endowed to "bottom out", nor blessed with a GlansCam so I can direct Vaseline at where it's needed.
I use a flavor/food injector without the needle of course...works fantastic...picked mine up for $4 @ Target: http://www.target.com/p/flavor-injector ... lsrc=aw.ds

INFORMATIONS